Thread: Need help making a website

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Need help making a website

So I have decided I am going to make a website to network. It's going to be a scouting website and will post scouting reports and mocks and just general draft stuff as well as some NBA stuff. Will probably do videos and do vocie over reports. I have a lot of ideas . I think it will be a good networking tool to get some of my stuff out there.

Only issue is I have no clue about how to make a website or where to even start. I looked at some of the sites like godaddy and gator and I don't know what to do. The domains and what not are pretty cheap but I would have no idea what to do in terms of the code and how to work everything.

Anyone know about how this stuff works? Any advice would be helpful. Would also like adviceon how to get the most hits in the search bars and all that said. I really am clueless with websites.

I hope to be able to launch pretty soon I almost have all the content ready to get started. I have about 5 full scouting reports and a mock ready. I plan to have at least 30 full reports by the draft and will hopefully do more after.

Default Re: Need help making a website

You might start with a free or cheap blog software where it builds the site for you other than you making blog posts, which is similar to making posts here on a forum. Once you have it up and running, then spend some time making it look how you want, after that it's just basically you making posts and deciding what pictures/video/audio to include in them (maybe you can post all of your video/audio on youtube).

In fact, I remember a few years ago watching the web show Digg Nation where they had a sponsor for some website that makes it really easy to make/design a website or blog. I'm trying to remember the name of it. Anyone else out there know what I'm talking about? It's a site where they've designed this pretty nice graphic interface to let people basically point-and-click their way to customizing the look of their site or blog. I wish I could remember the name right now...

*edit* I'm trying to find it on Google, and it looks like since then multiple sites offer similar features. Basically you're looking for sites that offer drag and drop website building.

*edit 2* I found it. It's called Squarespace http://www.squarespace.com/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

similarly, WildApricot, very easy to use. If you can use Microsoft Word, you can make a website.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blink For This Useful Post:

Mood

Once I get my business going full speed I plan to use Vista Print to create a website with the help of my great brother-in-law who will help me get it all together.