Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can the Colts make a Super Bowl push in 2013?

Default Re: Can the Colts make a Super Bowl push in 2013?

The schedule will be a bit more difficult (even thought the Colts only play 6 games against teams that made the playoffs in 2012) but I expect Luck and the other offensive rookies to make marked improvements and Grigson to address areas of deficiency on the offensive line and defensive backfield.

My expectations for a record would be in the 10-6/11-5 range.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats funny.

They have more money and younger proven talent now and you think they will be worse? I can understand if you think the schedule is harder or if the loss of BA is signifcant but they played to their potential IMO.
    Totally agree... one could argue that they could or should have even been better. Injury and turnovers really hurt this team.

Indy will fix the OL and they will upgrade the D. This team will lose no FA's of matter, and Freeney does not matter at this point in his career. They will only add to this great young core. I expect this team will be even better this next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Having money to spend is great.

Except when you spend it on guys like Samson Satele, Tom Zbikowski, a 32 year old Cory Redding to a 3 year deal, Mike McGlynn, and Donnie Avery (the guy is awful) when you have scant money to spend in the first place. The Mathis deal isn't exactly great either. Freeman was a stellar signing though, I'll give him that. I like Grigson, his draft was great, I'm glad he's running the Colts.

He didn't spend free agent money wisely. And you know why? Because free agency is much more often than not an abject failure in the NFL. It is not the way to build a quality NFL roster.
    ??? What are you talking about? The Colts carried 37m in DEAD money last season. Grigs had to field a team and had very little money to do so. He did an OUTSTANDING job in FA last season considering the resources available.

Didn't you hear his fellow GM's voted him Exec of the year. He must have done something right.

This season he has around 45m to the GOOD side to play with. Fix the OL and boost the DL and this team is ready to roll.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woowoo For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No. I'm sorry to rain on the parade, but we wont win more than 8 games next year. That is, if we don't make any phenomenal acquisitions. We played way above our heads this year. However, if we do make some great signings, I suppose we could sneak into the playoffs. I'm giving 3 years before we will be ready for a strong run.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    No. I'm sorry to rain on the parade, but we wont win more than 8 games next year. That is, if we don't make any phenomenal acquisitions. We played way above our heads this year. However, if we do make some great signings, I suppose we could sneak into the playoffs. I'm giving 3 years before we will be ready for a strong run.
    I mean we won close games something that we did not do the year before where we were on the opposite side of close games. I expect us to do better and hopefully have less close games this year, I think that should be very do able.

P.S. hopefully we won't need as many comebacks.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    Somebody call the cops because Olblu just stole Steagles labtop....

The NFL is all about close games an many games on average are decided by a field goal. Making plays at the right time is what separated the Colts from many other teams last year and that was in large part do to Luck's playing making ability late in games. I don't see that changing and if anything the Colts improved defense and offensive lines should help control games so that it doesn't come down to a last second play.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I didn't think the Colts would sniff the playoffs for 3 or 4 years before the season. In the "NEW" NFL I believe anything is possible. Rookies no longer play like rookies.

If we sure up the O-Line and improve the Defense I think we are legit Super Bowl Contenders as soon as next season. Our record may only be 9-7 or 10-6, but if we make the playoffs, we got a chance at winning it all.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Sports Logo Sports Logo

i have much more confidence in Grigson than Polian when it comes to addressing the offensive line. will be sad to see 93 go but its for best parties interests.

Offensive line has to be a priority in FA. I could see Grigson bulking up there then going Defense, with another WR in the mix somewhere as well.

anyone have a list on the top OL expected to be FA's?

good read

sounds like Vasquez is a guy the Colts will target.
    http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/2/7...ve-line-guards
    Last edited by PacersPride; 02-10-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    i have much more confidence in Grigson than Polian when it comes to addressing the offensive line. will be sad to see 93 go but its for best parties interests.

Offensive line has to be a priority in FA. I could see Grigson bulking up there then going Defense, with another WR in the mix somewhere as well.

anyone have a list on the top OL expected to be FA's?

good read

sounds like Vasquez is a guy the Colts will target.
    http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/2/7...ve-line-guards
    Sebastian Vollmer would be the biggest coup for the Colts this offseason. It's very hard to be a star at right tackle, but he's the closest we can see. He could also handle duties across the entire line, including left tackle. Andy Levitre, Brandon Moore, Sebastian Vollmer, Jake Long, Andre Smith, and Gosder Cherilus are the best available.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think from being irrelevant to being a contender takes less time in the NFL than in other sport leagues. With shrewd FA moves and drafting (once again) we can make a push for it.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth