Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 2/5/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 2/5/13

Was it Mark Boyle who a couple years ago said that Lance was absolutely incredible in practice? I remember a quote somewhere along those lines from someone high up. This was long before Lance started seeing playing time. It's easy to see why Bird was willing to take a chance him. As I said last weekend, the Legend is getting the last laugh on a lot of things right now. I hope he's been watching in Florida or wherever he is. I'll bet he is.

It's really incredible. A year ago Lance could barely get any clock. Now he is a huge part of our recent success. It's scary to think how good this guy could be in his mid 20's. It makes me giddy to think that him and PG are the exact same age. I hope we have both of them for a long long time. Both of them have perfect NBA bodies and are super physical.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Loved both teams' uniforms last night.
    Smothered Chicken!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

How bout Paul George's D on Korver last night too, he has always been amazing at on ball D but has struggled in past of guarding guys like Korver that are scoring off the ball and coming off screens, but tonight he hardly ever gave Korver an open look all of Korver's open looks happened when the 2nd unit was in during a first half stretch other than that we were all over him. Damn feels good to keep that guy in check sick and tired of all the nightmares I've had to watch him give us in the past.
    Last edited by VideoVandal; 02-06-2013 at 10:44 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VideoVandal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Was it Mark Boyle who a couple years ago said that Lance was absolutely incredible in practice? I remember a quote somewhere along those lines from someone high up. This was long before Lance started seeing playing time. It's easy to see why Bird was willing to take a chance him. As I said last weekend, the Legend is getting the last laugh on a lot of things right now. I hope he's been watching in Florida or wherever he is. I'll bet he is.

It's really incredible. A year ago Lance could barely get any clock. Now he is a huge part of our recent success. It's scary to think how good this guy could be in his mid 20's. It makes me giddy to think that him and PG are the exact same age. I hope we have both of them for a long long time. Both of them have perfect NBA bodies and are super physical.
    Mark said something like Lance is the best player on the team

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks that he has an unreported injury that he's simply recovering from?
    Or maybe the Pacers want to make sure Green doesn't get an injury before the trade deadline.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post

Arguably the worst wing tandem in the league.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

13. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    We just got a 2 minute segment on Sportscenter. Am I dreaming?
    Maybe you have food poisoning?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Honestly, I found it really bizarre that Roy even brought up the food poisoning after he had one of his best games of the year arguably in terms of efficiency. Especially after Vogel played him the whole 1st quarter.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Anyone know what Lance's PER is over the last 5 games? He's averaging 15, 6, and 4 in 35 MPG while shooting 57% and having a A/TO of 2.625/1. I would imagine his PER has to be really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    I'm just the opposite, I can't wait to get Lance off the bench where he won't have to spend the first 5 minutes deferring to the starters and waiting for things to shake out.....
    I'm the opposite and I'm nervous about him coming off the bench. There are some players that play much, much better as starters. Lance played well out of the gate as a starter, even in the one game he started last season. But as a bench player he's been inconsistent.

I hope he continues his play, but I'm not sure he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Honestly, I found it really bizarre that Roy even brought up the food poisoning after he had one of his best games of the year arguably in terms of efficiency.
    For a guy who's looked out of shape all season, he shouldn't imply that he's been eating fast food.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    But as a bench player he's been inconsistent.
    Based off of the first 6 games of the season? Yeah, you're technically right, but it's not like the switch was turned when he entered the starting lineup.

We haven't seen this Lance come off of the bench. There's nothing I've seen that makes me think Lance can't come off the bench. He stands around and watches while other Pacers get going, and then he asserts himself. I think that translates easily to a bench type player.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    For a guy who's looked out of shape all season, he shouldn't imply that he's been eating fast food.
    I know where Roy usually enjoys his post-game meal. It's not fast food, but I'm also surprised that he would call them out like that seeing as he has an appetizer named after him on their menu. Of course perhaps he changed it up after the Bulls game, I don't know I wasn't at his usual post game haunt after the game on that evening.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Based off of the first 6 games of the season? Yeah, you're technically right, but it's not like the switch was turned when he entered the starting lineup.

We haven't seen this Lance come off of the bench.
    Right. Off the bench Lance would have the green light for probably 20 minutes a game to be ball dominant and create for himself and others in half court sets. And if one of Paul or Danny and West or Hibbert is always out there with him he should have plenty to work with. Vogel will definitely have to tighten the belt on the rotation even more than he already has. Especially on the wing. I would give all 96 minutes on the wing to Paul, Danny, and Lance once Danny can handle his share of that load. No offense to OJ, I think he has developed nicely, but if Danny comes back ready to score 15 PPG the ceiling for this team is about to get sky high.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

billbradley

Didn't no where to put this.

But Mannix is on 1070. Says Pacers believe Roy's struggles are coming from Danny's absence because he spaces the floor and also makes it difficult to bog down on Hibby defensibly.

Also think Danny will need to be dealt next year, but for this year he really diversifies the Pacers. Danny playing the 4 with West at the 5 sometimes is a whole new squad, that other teams haven't seen.

RLeWorm

Honestly, i still think its weird how fast PG and Lance have grown. We always talked about PG becoming our star and that stuff, never thought his first all-star appearance would come this early! And Lance, damn couldn't even get any playing time and now he is one of the biggest producers on this team. I always thought Lance could be this good though.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post

But Mannix is on 1070. Says Pacers believe Roy's struggles are coming from Danny's absence because he spaces the floor and also makes it difficult to bog down on Hibby defensibly.

Also think Danny will need to be dealt next year, but for this year he really diversifies the Pacers. Danny playing the 4 with West at the 5 sometimes is a whole new squad, that other teams haven't seen.
    God I hope the Pacers don't really believe that.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post

Having Danny will help, but he's mainly missing hooks and bunnies; shots he hit last season. We've done a better job with entry passes this season and he's still getting good looks.

billbradley

Having Danny will help, but he's mainly missing hooks and bunnies; shots he hit last season. We've done a better job with entry passes this season and he's still getting good looks.
    I get what you're saying. But it's easier to hit hooks and bunnies when there isn't as much pressure on/around your body.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I know where Roy usually enjoys his post-game meal. It's not fast food, but I'm also surprised that he would call them out like that seeing as he has an appetizer named after him on their menu.
    Hah, I immediately thought of Fridays, Applebees and the Cheesecake Factory when I read this.

Just wanted to take the occasion of one of his better nights to add that it's a damn shame some people think David West is a bad defensive player. He's really quite good. Talks on defense, good hands, smart/knows where to be within the team D schemes/rotations, strong on the block, long, and sometimes gets some blocks, too. But because he's low to the ground and doesn't swat shots like JO did from the help/weak side, and because he can struggle with his lateral movement, he often gets really under-sold IMO.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Hah, I immediately thought of Fridays, Applebees and the Cheesecake Factory when I read this.
    Eatin' good in the neighborhood.

David West is markedly improved this season on defense. He was very good last night; even disruptive!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    God I hope the Pacers don't really believe that.
    Yeah I don't get that either, he is acting like Lance is an scrub on offense or something.