Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This may sound silly, but I feel that moving Lance to the bench, and starting Danny will affect George Hill more than anyone. With Lance in the starting lineup, GH is able to spot up for open 3's as Lance penetrates. Also, it allows Lance to run the break and makes GH a finisher more often than not--as opposed to the facilitator. These trends have been key to our recent improvements on offense.

That is not silly at all. It is really my only worry about starting Granger over Lance. Danny and Lance are very different type players.

However, still the Pacers will be better overall with Danny back. Plus I would expect to see Danny, PG, lance and Hill on the court at the same time often

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

We not have the personnel to go big, small, or in between. If we had a backup PG that could guard small/quick PG's, we'd be able to play any team with any lineup.
    Wouldn't it be great if we had someone like Darren Collison as a backup point??? lol
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    I would not see the logic behind making that deal.
    The logic for us? Or them?

The logic for us is Walsh says, "Danny stays because Lance is demanding a starting spot and is going to get 9+ as an UFA next summer." I'm not saying he is, but that would be a good reason to grab someones lottery pick.

I personally would cut ties with Danny. But not my team... I was saying at worst, we could turn that asset into a lottery pick.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if we had someone like Darren Collison as a backup point??? lol
    Lol I didn't want to say anything buttt....

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    I'm still on the fence with regards to who I think will make the team better and in what role. (as if it matters)

I do believe that if we are fine with Danny getting the vast majority of the points with the second group, and very little else, production wise, out of the bench, then leave Lance with the starters.

However, i'm leaning toward hoping we give Lance the ball with the second group and saying, "allow your instincts to make this bench a solid contributor across the board. Help Hansbrough get his shot in HIS spots... Get the ball down into the post to Mahinmi, Penetrate and kick to Augustine or..... *gasp* Green... "Be the Triple Double Machine off the bench... As the leader of the second group, your bench needs to account for 30 points/per game, how ever you can get it..."
    I believe we are too worried about 1st unit and 1st option with Lance, Paul and Danny. I see a 3 man rotation at the wing with each playing about 32 minutes. That combination will drive the other teams crazy and to boot we have Hill and West!

Banned

At the least, Lance is a tradable asset at next years trading deadline that is going to bring us a Lottery Pick.
    I believe that Lance has become untouchable at this time together with Paul George and probably Hill, with the way he is playing I don't see a reason for the Pacers to trade him, the guy has "future all star" written all over and yes he is only 22 years old.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    And yet last year's starting unit was far superior on offense to this year's starting unit. Sure, Hibbert is worse, but West is FAR better. George is on another level compared to last year. So why was last year's team so much better on O?
    Not disputing you, but how are you measuring that? Does this include fg% or just total points? Do we account for slower games with a defensive emphasis? Just curious.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I believe that Lance has become untouchable at this time together with Paul George and probably Hill, with the way he is playing I don't see a reason for the Pacers to trade him, the guy has "future all star" written all over and yes he is only 22 years old.
    If we stuck with Lance as a bench warmer who had off court/PR issues, we're definitely going to look to stick with him as he's starting to come into his own. He is now truly an intricate part of this core

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Not to say I think he's going anywhere. I agree, he is "untouchable", right now. (At this point in time) But you can get priced out of young talent, as the Thunder found out, with Harden. I don't think when you have a chip like Lance, you EVER let that walk..

Banned

Not to say I think he's going anywhere. I agree, he is "untouchable", right now. (At this point in time) But you can get priced out of young talent, as the Thunder found out, with Harden. I don't think when you have a chip like Lance, you EVER let that walk..
    I believe that Danny is gone before Lance, Lance is not going anywhere.

Ok, so the year PG is an RFA, we have roughly 30 million dollars covered by Hill, Hibbert, Green, and Mahinmi. If Orlando Johnson is still on the team, thats another million. So say the Salary Cap is 62 million.

Ideally, we have already resigned West for lets say a 3 yr/30 million dollar deal.

So that leaves roughly 21 Million for PG,Lance, and Granger, plus anyone else.

How do the rules work in terms of going over the cap to resign your players?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    I believe we are too worried about 1st unit and 1st option with Lance, Paul and Danny. I see a 3 man rotation at the wing with each playing about 32 minutes. That combination will drive the other teams crazy and to boot we have Hill and West!
    Who starts is an issue that can be figured out. Who finishes is a much more difficult question.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Who starts is an issue that can be figured out. Who finishes is a much more difficult question.
    I think you have to have Lance over Danny in the long term. Then you can hopefully use whatever cap space you have left to get a proven bench scorer.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Ok, so the year PG is an RFA, we have roughly 30 million dollars covered by Hill, Hibbert, Green, and Mahinmi. If Orlando Johnson is still on the team, thats another million. So say the Salary Cap is 62 million.

Ideally, we have already resigned West for lets say a 3 yr/30 million dollar deal.

So that leaves roughly 21 Million for PG,Lance, and Granger, plus anyone else.

How do the rules work in terms of going over the cap to resign your players?
    Can't go OVER 70 - 72 Million or face stiff $ Penalties... Can go over 60 Mil, but can't make any other free agent signings...

Don't forget Plumlee.. 1.2 Mil

and you have to sign 2 first round picks and 2 second rounders, between now and then.
    Last edited by *astrisk*; 02-05-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Please tell me there is a gif or a picture somewhere on the internets of Lance screaming in Taj's face after his dunk.
    I saw him give a Braveheart-like scream, but I didn't think it was in anyone's face.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Mood

I saw him give a Braveheart-like scream, but I didn't think it was in anyone's face.
    When he came down he turned and screamed in the face of Gibson. But, I don't believe it was on purpose. Taj just happened to be standing there.

It was definitely in Taj's face. I was sitting behind the basket.....and it was awesome.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    It was definitely in Taj's face. I was sitting behind the basket.....and it was awesome.
    We had a weird floor angle on TV. I kept waiting for the replay and never got it.

We had a weird floor angle on TV. I kept waiting for the replay and never got it.
    Lance dunked, landed, began screaming and was staring directly into Taj's eyes. I think he may have consumed his soul at that point, but I blacked out from the amazing.

The lead up was that Taj had broken up Lance's initial post feed to David (which you could tell Lance was ticked about) and David had to reset which is when Lance caught them sleeping cut to the rim and West made the great feed.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

If someone can pull it from the video, the Lance dunk/scream is at the roughly 1:40 mark:

http://www.nba.com/games/20130204/CH...s=iref:nbahpgt[0021200413]
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Lol try telling CJ Jones that!

Hi CJ
    Hi . I'm staying out of this one.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

billbradley

Sorry if already mentioned, but I was there and did not notice this...

The NBA’s dress code police ask Joakim Noah to leave the bench during a game, and change out of his sweater

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...1600--nba.html

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I thought the same. I know Lance has to continue to work as a defensive player, and learning to get around screens is an additional skill after you've learned to stop your man if he's in front of you. But some of what Beli was hitting was well-defended, hand-in-the-face, barely-ap-split-second-of-daylight type of stuff.
    I remember about 10-15 years ago, we played Golden State here. I don't remember who was their top player at this time, but he either was hurt, not playing well, or their best player was garbage. Anyhow, here comes Bimbo Coles....he comes in and hits like EVERY FRIKKIN' SHOT HE TOOK!!! I'm talking about....he could've stood at one end of the court, throw up an old-school Rick Barry grandma foul shot, and it would've went in. It got to the point where I was screaming, "Someone!! break his frickkin' legs!!!!!!"

Moral of the story: Every-so-often, even the benchwarmers catch fire and are unstoppable on a particular night.

He chicken armed in, but it still went in, so I wont *****.

Sports Logo

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: