Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 227

Thread: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

  1. #151
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Vogel has already said Danny is going to start when he comes back. I seriously have a hard time believing Danny is going to play the 2. The options of who plays where are pretty limited.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance will stay as starter for the rest of the year?
    He talked to Vogel and he told him that he wants Paul George guarding the best player on the other team and in the east a lot of the best players are small forwards(Lebron, Melo, Deng, etc) so Danny is going to guard some small guards.

  3. #153
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vogel has already said Danny is going to start when he comes back. I seriously have a hard time believing Danny is going to play the 2. The options of who plays where are pretty limited.
    Small-ball with David moving to the #5?

    (And just to be clear: )
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  4. #154
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to Wells on 1070 the fan Paul George will play SF when Danny gets back.
    Yea I heard that too, I definitely thought it was interesting.

  5. #155
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,035

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    I'm just ready to see what happens when Danny comes back soon. Whether it is Danny or Lance coming off the bench, that is still a huge upgrade to the second unit. This seems to be a good problem to have in the near future.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  6. #156
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Small-ball with David moving to the #5?

    (And just to be clear: )
    In general, I agree. But I think it works in situations.

    Hill/Lance/PG/Danny/West would be a good lineup for the Heat when LBJ slides to the 4.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  8. #157
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,288

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure. Would Deng score more points on Danny? Maybe, although Danny generally guards him well. But they got 34 points out of their SG spot. Paul George cuts that in half, Deng scores an extra 3 buckets on Danny, and we're still coming out ahead by 12 points.
    I thought it worked out beautifully the way it was. Deng has given us fits at times over the last few years and for me it was nice to see someone shut him down for a change.

    Plus, I don't want Paul George chasing someone like Bellinelli off of screens all night. He is way too important to our offense to waste energy chasing a shooter around. I want him on the guy who can break the defense down, not the guy who wants to shoot over the top of it.

    Obviously this might have something to do with me wanting Granger out of Lance's way, but whatever.

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it would be awesome. Danny is both offensive and defensively better than Lance. The size of Pacer wings would make it a nightmare matchup for the other side. For example, how could Belinelli have guarded Paul George. Nor would be have been able to get shots as easily vs Paul as he did vs Lance. Even better when Paul learns to post guys up.
    I disagree, Granger isn't better than Lance at anything on offense anymore except maybe shooting 3's. He doesn't handle the ball as well, he doesn't move without the ball as good, he can't pass as well, he doesn't rebound any better, and he shoots a much lower %. He just takes more shots and scores more points.

    And on defense the only thing Granger does better than Lance is challenge & block shots. He definitely doesn't guard perimeter players any better.

    I'm not saying Granger won't be a plus for us when he comes back. But Lance going out of the line up hurts us in several areas.
    Last edited by Taterhead; 02-05-2013 at 12:02 PM.

  9. #158
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And according to Wells he think Danny could be back against the Bobcats.
    One game right before the all star break? What's the point?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  10. #159
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One guy right before the all star break? What's the point?
    Give him some run with scheduled rest to see how the knee reacts.

    Also, the matchup against Charlotte is favorable, don't want to be breaking Danny in against teams that we need to give 100% to beat. We have a bit more of a cushion against Charlotte than Chicago/Brooklyn etc.

    I figure they want to see him get out there and play, then watch him closely the next few days (Don't the Pacers get a six or seven day break?)

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  12. #160
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give him some run with scheduled rest to see how the knee reacts.

    Also, the matchup against Charlotte is favorable, don't want to be breaking Danny in against teams that we need to give 100% to beat. We have a bit more of a cushion against Charlotte than Chicago/Brooklyn etc.

    I figure they want to see him get out there and play, then watch him closely the next few days (Don't the Pacers get a six or seven day break?)
    Yes, we get a 7 day break. I still think I'd just wait til after the all star break though if you're gonna wait til Charlotte.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  14. #161
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,520

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Hey folks, 8 points 9 seconds has some info on Paul playing the 3.

    Paul is DEFINITELY playing the 3 when Danny gets back. According to Paul, he likes playing the 3 more on offense because he starts the offense on the left side of the court which he prefers instead of the right. For Danny it doesn't matter since he's a spot up shooter.

    So when it comes to offensive roles, Paul will be playing the "3" while Danny will be playing the "2'
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:


  16. #162
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give him some run with scheduled rest to see how the knee reacts.

    Also, the matchup against Charlotte is favorable, don't want to be breaking Danny in against teams that we need to give 100% to beat. We have a bit more of a cushion against Charlotte than Chicago/Brooklyn etc.

    I figure they want to see him get out there and play, then watch him closely the next few days (Don't the Pacers get a six or seven day break?)
    I'm actually thinking the other way. I'd rather bring him back against NJ or even TOR, let him get some minutes (10-12) to get his rhythm back, and then let him get extended minutes (15-20 depending on conditioning) against the Bobcats right before the ASB.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  18. #163
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey folks, 8 points 9 seconds has some info on Paul playing the 3.

    Paul is DEFINITELY playing the 3 when Danny gets back. According to Paul, he likes playing the 3 more on offense because he starts the offense on the left side of the court which he prefers instead of the right. For Danny it doesn't matter since he's a spot up shooter.

    So when it comes to offensive roles, Paul will be playing the "3" while Danny will be playing the "2'
    So like I said it pretty much doesn't matter what you call them. Ok this makes more sense. I still think we will pretty much always see Paul on the quicker guy. Just need to start thinking of it as two wings, instead of a 2 and a 3.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  20. #164
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm actually thinking the other way. I'd rather bring him back against NJ or even TOR, let him get some minutes (10-12) to get his rhythm back, and then let him get extended minutes (15-20 depending on conditioning) against the Bobcats right before the ASB.
    This is what I would be trying to do also.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  22. #165
    Member Indra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    435

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know you said you didn't mean to single me out, but I do wanna say that I do not receive enjoyment out of another human beings suffering. This wasn't said at the time of injury, this wasn't said during a rehab session, this was said to a player who is up running, jumping, shooting around and will be back to playing in the NBA within a few weeks. So you should try looking a little deeper into a circumstance before saying one's behavior is "despicable"

    At the end of the day, Derrick Rose is a big boy (a handsomely paid big boy at that) and I'm sure he's heard much worse at various sporting events. No it may not make what I said "okay" but at the same time, I'm QUITE SURE he didn't go home too worried about what I said nor too worried about Steagles t-shirt. When you're a public figure, professional athlete, etc--negativity from those that see you perform comes with the territory imo. Is there a sensitivity line that shouldn't be crossed? Sure. But neither me nor Steagles crossed it. But thanks for your opinion anyway
    I just don't see the distinction or logic in your post though. I understand that he's nearly healed, but he still suffered a pretty bad injury and you're mocking that fact.

    And your logic is that because he plays a game in public (money has nothing to do with this) he should expect people to be rude and offensive to him, and what you said is okay because it wasn't the worst thing someone could say to him? Is that where we're at as a society? It should just be expected that we're going to be classless towards people in public? Is that how you want your character to be defined? I know you think it's just a game and he's a "big boy," and I'm sure he didn't cry himself to sleep, but are you proud of that type of behavior?

    It's not a big deal I guess, as people have been displaying this type of behavior since the coliseum, but I try my best not to find pleasure in another's misfortune. /rant

    I'm just frustrated with society in general, Ace. I'm just using your posts for talking points. Please don't take it personally.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Indra For This Useful Post:


  24. #166
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,363

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So like I said it pretty much doesn't matter what you call them. Ok this makes more sense. I still think we will pretty much always see Paul on the quicker guy. Just need to start thinking of it as two wings, instead of a 2 and a 3.
    Exactly, a left wing and a right wing. Like hockey.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:


  26. #167
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly, a left wing and a right wing. Like hockey.
    Honestly, it seems kind of obvious if Paul is more comfortable that way. Had we just never talked about it before? lol

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  27. #168

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Lance will stay as starter for the rest of the year?

    If Lance keeps on playing the way he has, that's fine with me. Let Granger be the scorer off the bench. Plus Granger will still get PT playing with the starters, he just won't be starting. I see NO REASON to change horses in the middle of the stream unless Lance's game starts going down. You dance with the one you brought and right now Lance is looking pretty good at the dance.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  29. #169
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,916

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly, it seems kind of obvious if Paul is more comfortable that way. Had we just never talked about it before? lol
    He's way more comfortable now
    Smothered Chicken!

  30. #170
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So like I said it pretty much doesn't matter what you call them. Ok this makes more sense. I still think we will pretty much always see Paul on the quicker guy. Just need to start thinking of it as two wings, instead of a 2 and a 3.
    Lol try telling CJ Jones that!

    Hi CJ

  31. #171

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    I don't care what you call them, but its important for them to both be out there together. Maybe it was just me, but George and Granger thrived off of each other last year, seemed like when one had a special game the other one was the reason why. If George was hitting shots, it was because Granger was making the extra pass, ETC.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  33. #172
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,083

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny is both offensive and defensively better than Lance.
    But Danny is a far less superior distributor/creator/penetrator.

    While Lance may be currently not quite as good as Danny/PG/Hill, it isn't by too much, and the gap is growing thinner all the time. Arguably, Danny/PG/Hill are similar offensive players. Lance is something very different.

    I am excited about Lance moving to the second unit, because I want to "Free Lance." But I think some people may be disappointed in the offensive flow upon Danny's return. Right now, we have two hammers and a wrench starting. We are about to replace the only wrench with another hammer.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  35. #173

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't care what you call them, but its important for them to both be out there together. Maybe it was just me, but George and Granger thrived off of each other last year, seemed like when one had a special game the other one was the reason why. If George was hitting shots, it was because Granger was making the extra pass, ETC.
    I dont think we'll find anything better than Granger. Putting Lance on the bench creates a ton of depth to be honest. Assuming he can handle it. And I think Granger is a Pro. He hasnt shown anything but. He knows what he's coming into. I think he'll adapt. We have a serious shot at a title boys and girls. I believe.

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:


  37. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But Danny is a far less superior distributor/creator/penetrator.

    While Lance may be currently not quite as good as Danny/PG/Hill, it isn't by too much, and the gap is growing thinner all the time. Arguably, Danny/PG/Hill are similar offensive players. Lance is something very different.

    I am excited about Lance moving to the second unit, because I want to "Free Lance." But I think some people may be disappointed in the offensive flow upon Danny's return. Right now, we have two hammers and a wrench starting. We are about to replace the only wrench with another hammer.

    Yep I feel the same way, Lance is needed in the starting unit, Danny is not good at passing the ball or creating for others so the offense would look worse in my opinion.

  38. #175
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Paul George needs the ball in his hands as much as possible. If anything Lance gets the ball too much at the end of games for my tastes. This is not a criticism of Lance, but Paul should be our creator and in that case Danny does blend better than Lance IMO, assuming Danny is ready to go.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Bulls postgame thread.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-04-2012, 11:03 PM
  2. Pacers/Bulls postgame thread.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 10:30 PM
  3. Bulls/Pacers postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 05:04 PM
  4. Pacers/Bulls postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 187
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 05:18 PM
  5. Bulls vs. Pacers Postgame Thread
    By jhondog28 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 06:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •