Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 227

Thread: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

  1. #76
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heaven forbid our center be a defensive specialist. He is the true anchor of this team , Paul George may be the sizzle but Roy is still the steak. He is the reason we are the best defensive team in the league. Everything starts with him. Don"t believe me, feel free to ask any maverick fan what they think of the chandler situation. One player can change a culture and Hibbert has. We pair him with 4 scorers at all times. He does not need to score a point to be a gold mine to this team. People way underestimate the grit and hustle players and Hibbert is great at it. I don't see a problem with his fg% as its typically above the opposing teams.
    we didnt give him 58 mil to be a defensive specialist. and we aren't even asking for him to put up 20ppg and be the focal point of the offense. just hit the shots at the damn rim. Chandler is fantastic around the rim, thats why he's hitting like 60 some % this year. Sure his fg% is above the other teams, but he's taking 90% of his shots within 5 feet of the rim and missing most of them.

    Just be able to finish Roy, thats all I want.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chandler shoots over 50% ...
    And the Knicks are better offensively than the Pacers. The Pacers are better defensively than the Knicks.

    I know the Pacers are set up to be better defensively than the Knicks in general, but our system does play to hibbert's strenghts and allow us to minimize the damage his faults create.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  5. #78
    Remember #31 dohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,333

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chandler shoots over 50% ...
    He also plays in a explosive offense that is outside in and focuses on guard play that allows him to get a large amount of alley oops from Kidd. Ask him to post someone up and he doesn't look much different than Roy.

    If Roy would seek contact like Tyler I think his points would go way up due to the fact that he has been a good ft shooter.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:


  7. #79
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Just wanted to say, I made my shirt for tonight's game, and wore it down to warm-ups and stood on the Bulls end while Derrick Rose shot around. He glanced over and gave me a dirty look. My week was made when he acknowledged that he didn't like my shirt.




    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  9. #80
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we didnt give him 58 mil to be a defensive specialist. and we aren't even asking for him to put up 20ppg and be the focal point of the offense. just hit the shots at the damn rim. Chandler is fantastic around the rim, thats why he's hitting like 60 some % this year. Sure his fg% is above the other teams, but he's taking 90% of his shots within 5 feet of the rim and missing most of them.

    Just be able to finish Roy, thats all I want.
    Dikembe Mutombo made a lot of money as a defensive specialist. The only difference is he was a little more athletic than Hibbert so he was a better finisher on the offensive end. It's not like he's missing uncontested shots. He's missing heavily contested shots, often playing through a lot of contact.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  11. #81
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,948

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just wanted to say, I made my shirt for tonight's game, and wore it down to warm-ups and stood on the Bulls end while Derrick Rose shot around. He glanced over and gave me a dirty look. My week was made when he acknowledged that he didn't like my shirt.




    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    Don't wear it near Jalen.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  13. #82
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chandler is fantastic around the rim, thats why he's hitting like 60 some % this year. Sure his fg% is above the other teams, but he's taking 90% of his shots within 5 feet of the rim and missing most of them.
    Open lay-ups or dunks withn 5 feet are different than hook shots and contested tips within 5 feet. The type of shots that Chandler and Hibbert take are different.

    Chandler is a PnR big. He excels in cutting to the rim and finishing with a dunk. Hibbert is a post-up big. He is asked to generate offense off the post. He is sucking at it right now, though.

    But I'll just say this.

    Post-up bigs are supposed to shoot worse than PnR bigs!

    You cannot throw the ball to Chandler in the post and ask him to generate offense. That's the difference.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  14. #83
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just wanted to say, I made my shirt for tonight's game, and wore it down to warm-ups and stood on the Bulls end while Derrick Rose shot around. He glanced over and gave me a dirty look. My week was made when he acknowledged that he didn't like my shirt.




    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    Cool you made a shirt, but making fun of his torn acl is not really something I approve of.
    @qandrews9428

  15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  16. #84
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,908

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Heaven forbid you ask a 7'2 center to dunk or consistently hit two footers.

  17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Magic P For This Useful Post:


  18. #85
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    The thing is, Roy is missing the easy shots too. He is missing absolute gimmies. And thats my biggest gripe with him. He needs to finish with a dunk. He needs to hit his lay ups. We don't ask Roy to generate offense off the post anymore either. We just go through West when we want that now.

    And right now we can't throw the ball to Roy in the post and ask him to generate offense. Right now we can't throw the ball to Roy in the post at all. PG and Lance found that out tonight.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  20. #86
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,948

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cool you made a shirt, but making fun of his torn acl is not really something I approve of.
    It's wrong but I still laughed.

  21. #87
    Remember #31 dohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,333

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we didnt give him 58 mil to be a defensive specialist. and we aren't even asking for him to put up 20ppg and be the focal point of the offense. just hit the shots at the damn rim. Chandler is fantastic around the rim, thats why he's hitting like 60 some % this year. Sure his fg% is above the other teams, but he's taking 90% of his shots within 5 feet of the rim and missing most of them.

    Just be able to finish Roy, thats all I want.
    yes we did give him 58 million to be a defensive specialist, and so far it's working in our favor.

  22. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Mutombo career shooting percentage is over .500%, make all the excuses you want but Roy is probably the worse starting center on offense in the NBA.

  23. #89
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Mutha effing Tyson Chandler doesn't miss point black put backs and bunnies, and he certainly doesn't let anyone move him out of the paint. This type of crap play on the offensive end should not be acceptable to the coaching staff.

    Vogel just needs to sit him down and show clips of how effective he was last year, heck show him clips of how he broke Al Horford last year.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  25. #90
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing is, Roy is missing the easy shots too. He is missing absolute gimmies. And thats my biggest gripe with him. He needs to finish with a dunk. He needs to hit his lay ups. We don't ask Roy to generate offense off the post anymore either. We just go through West when we want that now.
    We still ask Roy to generate offense off the post. We just do it less. And that's a good adjustment. But we still go to him in the post 4-5 times a game.

    I'd like Roy to dunk more of its close shots but I cannot ignore that those shots are heavily contested more often than not.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  26. #91
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes we did give him 58 million to be a defensive specialist, and so far it's working in our favor.
    Ha no. Roy got that contract because what he did on both ends of the court last year. He was very effective in the post on offense. Roy's biggest strength has been his defense and was key in him gaining that contract. But it wasn't the sole reason he got it. He was 10 times the offensive player last year than what he is this year.

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  28. #92
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing is, Roy is missing the easy shots too. He is missing absolute gimmies. And thats my biggest gripe with him. He needs to finish with a dunk. He needs to hit his lay ups. We don't ask Roy to generate offense off the post anymore either. We just go through West when we want that now.

    And right now we can't throw the ball to Roy in the post and ask him to generate offense. Right now we can't throw the ball to Roy in the post at all. PG and Lance found that out tonight.
    Well then it's a good thing David West, Paul George, Lance Stephenson, George Hill, and soon Danny Granger are all capable scorers. As long as we have 2 of George/Granger/West we can have enough offense to win provided Hibbert continues to do his job on the defensive end.

  29. #93
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We still ask Roy to generate offense off the post. We just do it less. And that's a good adjustment. But we still go to him in the post 4-5 times a game.

    I'd like Roy to dunk more of its close shots but I cannot ignore that those shots are heavily contested more often than not.
    Ok, 4-5 times a game... But we don't rely on him to do it at all. All I want is him to hit the easy buckets. Yeah he's getting hit on them, but guess what? So does every other big man. Thats why he's 7'2". He's gotta hit the easy shots.

  30. #94
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well then it's a good thing David West, Paul George, Lance Stephenson, George Hill, and soon Danny Granger are all capable scorers. As long as we have 2 of George/Granger/West we can have enough offense to win provided Hibbert continues to do his job on the defensive end.
    I agree, but that isn't an excuse for him to miss easy put backs and shots within 5 feet, which is pretty much every shot he takes right now.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  32. #95
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,938

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just wanted to say, I made my shirt for tonight's game, and wore it down to warm-ups and stood on the Bulls end while Derrick Rose shot around. He glanced over and gave me a dirty look. My week was made when he acknowledged that he didn't like my shirt.




    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    I would have given you a dirty look if I was him too. That's pretty cold man.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  34. #96
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    What I know is that despite a miserable start to the season we are 10 games over .500 and are riding around at a .600 winning percentage. Hibbert is having a miserable offensive year, but we're still winning. There's two things that can happen. Either Hibbert gets better offensively or he doesn't.

    If he doesn't, his role on offense continues to shrink. His FG% may stay the same, but since basically all of his FGAs will be shots directly off of passes or on putbacks it won't really affect our offense much.

    If he does get better, we get to find soemthing else to talk about lol.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  36. #97
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, 4-5 times a game... But we don't rely on him to do it at all. All I want is him to hit the easy buckets. Yeah he's getting hit on them, but guess what? So does every other big man. Thats why he's 7'2". He's gotta hit the easy shots.
    The difference is that the players you're comparing him to (Chandler, Mutombo) are much more athletic and stronger than Roy.

    I've said it again. Roy's base seems weaker this season since Roy decided to put on weight in his upper body in order to not be pushed off the block and absorb contact better in the defensive end.

    Roy will have to work on his base next off-season. If he had a strong base, he would be able to retain his balance much better and finish through contact. The rest being healed is going to help as well.

    That's my opinion at least.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  38. #98
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Bulls fans tonight are talking about how they played with half a team and were in the game. I think they have a point, but it's a division rival, in a game for the division lead. And, Thibs has to be Coach of the Year.

    The discussion has turned to Roy, so I'll say something really quick on that. His offense sucks this year and something needs done to correct it. Big-man coach or extra practice on the hook shot, or slap him before every game so he can dunk it like he's 7'2". Something. His defense is tremendous, and I can still tell how much different this team is without him on the court. But if he could just score with any regularity, man we'd be impossible to beat.

    But, tonight's game was all about excitement.

    DWest brought it like he always brings it. But what was awesome for me was to see the fire from Lance and PaulStar, and even Psycho T tonight! The Fieldhouse was rocking, and the Pacers finally gave them a show worth cheering for. Friday's Miami game was a great win, but tonight's highlight fest was a lot of fun. As sad as it is, we really need a handful of the kind of plays Paul, Lance, and George were making in every game to attract the attention of the casual fan.

    Plus, how awesome is it to see those three guys (Paul, Lance, Hill), who we've watched develop, mature, and improve make these kinds of plays? For the patience to pay off? The risk? I love it.

    Final note tonight: When Rose returns to Chicago and Danny returns to the Pacers, both teams will be good enough to beat Miami in the playoffs. No doubt in my mind.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  39. #99
    The Mole ColeTheMole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cool you made a shirt, but making fun of his torn acl is not really something I approve of.
    We're all different. Although Derrick Rose tore his ACL, it's not like he will never walk again. He'll still be a better athlete than any one of us. And oh yeah, he is making 16 million dollars this year not to mention his 200 million dollar shoe deal.

    I think he'll be alright.
    DG for 3

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:


  41. #100
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,631

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would love the forum's thoughts on Beleneli. How much of his outburst are we blaming on Lance? It feels like he was hitting from everywhere, but I haven't seen enough of him to know if those are shots he normally hits.
    When Lance wasn't able to get around screens, he was able to hit the open shot. When Lance was able to get around the screen and not give Bellineli an open look......he didn't hit the shot.

    Although you have to wonder why Vogel didn't give Lance some rest and put Young on Bellineli or switch Young over to Deng and PG on Bellineli.

    Overall though...I think it was an anomaly when it comes to Bellineli's shooting....he was hitting the majority of the shots that he was taking. Sometimes when your hot...your hot....nothing that Lance could have done would have made a difference.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Bulls postgame thread.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-04-2012, 11:03 PM
  2. Pacers/Bulls postgame thread.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 10:30 PM
  3. Bulls/Pacers postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 05:04 PM
  4. Pacers/Bulls postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 187
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 05:18 PM
  5. Bulls vs. Pacers Postgame Thread
    By jhondog28 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 06:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •