Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

A huge game and a huge win!

(Courtesy of NBA.com)
    Last edited by Trophy; 02-04-2013 at 10:28 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 2/4/13

Central division leaders! Yay

(on division record tiebreak, but still)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marlin For This Useful Post:

Im ok with Hibbert not being an asset on offense everygame. But I am getting sick and tired of him being a liability. Sorry I know we won, but thats my one take away from the game.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Undefeated in February. Wins over the Heat and the Bulls. Beautiful. I predicted a loss tomorrow, but I'll happily eat crow if we win that one.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im ok with Hibbert not being an asset on offense everygame. But I am getting sick and tired of him being a liability. Sorry I know we won, but thats my one take away from the game.
    Luckily for him Noah didn't play today or it would have been horrible to watch.

My thoughts exactly. Let me add, I don't care if he cannot score as a primary option, but when he can't score on put backs, broken plays, and when he is set up nicely by his teammates, then there is a problem...... And that was the case tonight

11. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Part of the difficulty with Hibbert right now is that his offensive woes are well-known to the refs, who aren't giving him the benefit of the doubt on the offensive side of the ball. He got mugged a couple of times with no call.

Still plenty of awful plays by Roy tonight, but a couple of those weren't his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    when he is set up nicely by his teammates
    I hope you're not counting that Paul George bullet pass as a "nice set up."
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Pacers will not lose to the Hawks Tuesday night.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Pacers will not lose to the Hawks Tuesday night.
    They've been our kryptonite for years.

Enjoy your time at PD!

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Very pleased we won. Not that pleased with how we played. The turnovers, decision making, lack of court awareness, making an lame Belinelli look like an offensive juggernaut (even though he was on fire), etc. Glad they didn't have Noah...let along Rose. Still, losing would have stung given those guys out.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love beating the Bulls.

That is all.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I said it in the game thread, Noah not playing was more beneficial to the Bulls than Hibbert play was to the Pacers. (OMG a hyperbole! don't jump down my throat now) Absolutely infuriating to watch. I love Roy, i've stayed patient, but damn he was awful. Painful to watch that stretch in the fourth.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Beat the league's best road team to extend the league's second best home winning streak (after San An at 18). I'll take it.

Anyone got the Paul George oop?
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    They've been our kryptonite for years.
    True dat but I expect us to lose the one against Philly. Just a hunch though.
    Last edited by Johanvil; 02-04-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Damn those Bulls are tough. Without Noah and Rose, and a one foot Beleneli still pushed us to our limit. (Without Granger ofc). Still though, I dont care who they had playing, I'm confident Tom Thib_____ could play Adam Morrison, Scalabrine, Me, Benny the Bull, and Gerald Green for 48 minutes and still put up a hell of a fight. Any win against this team is a good win.

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:

The Paul George pass was better. Just developing into a complete player. It's unbelievable to watch.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Banned

My thoughts exactly. Let me add, I don't care if he cannot score as a primary option, but when he can't score on put backs, broken plays, and when he is set up nicely by his teammates, then there is a problem...... And that was the case tonight
    I wish that was only the case tonight, he has been doing the same thing all year.

Yeah, I'm viewing Atlanta as an important statement game. We are trying to take the step to being a legit contender. Haven't yet sustained the road consistency we need to fully realize that, but we have looked like we've got the the home court dominance down.

Now it's a chance to prove the home strength against an opponent that's given us lots of difficulty. Big game. We need to send them a message. Otherwise, our record says we're a top EC seed, but we've still got a team below us that's absolutely got our number.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Sports Logo Sports Logo

All the starters had a complete game bar Hibbert. Very happy with the win. Lance was very good once again. He has become a truly significant part of the team.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Didn't know Bulls has such record (the best) on the road. Thibs has worked miracles there.

Pacers back in at the number 3 spot. The fight for playoff seeding is pretty brutal this year. Brooklyn is playing well. Atlanta is good (pending trades). Obviously Chicago is always good, and soon as they have Rose back they're going to take off. Hopefully the Pacers can hold everyone off.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

37. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good win.

1) Danny Granger - blessing in disguise for Paul and Lance. I think it will be for Granger as well. He is able to sit back and watch this team. He will have a good idea that DWEST and Paul George are studs. Lance is not far behind.

Granger is in the later stage of his career. I believe he has three very solid seasons left and were going to get a very good player in Granger returing to the lineup soon.

2) Lance Stephenson is a stud. He is still immature. but its expected for a 22 years young. the sneaky handcheck to draw a foul was entertaining but not necessary. Will be interesting to see how Lance mixes with the second unit. Lance is really getting good chemisty with DWEST. that pass by George Hill was a rocket, not sure what he was so upset about. Good game by Lance. Huge. Bellini is Korver all over again.

3) Hibbert - I am officially concerned. No Noah. This is a game Roy has to dominate. Roy has no offensive game. it is just pathetic. I believe i know the reason why Hibbert is struggling. He knows he is overpaid. He cannot handle the pressure of being a max player. I know this Hibbert will work hard by the end of his contract he will have given us everything. We have to get him a big man coach. we have to do somethign cause Hibbert right now is just awful. a team with no NOAH. and Roy does basically nothing. He is indeed becoming a black hole offensively. Defenisively i love what he gives us but he has flaws. He does not box out well. His IQ is low. I believe it can improve and hope it does. But too many plays. the behind back pass from Lance Stephenson Roy has to block that player out of the lane and GET POSTIION!! it was flipping Nate Robinson. Roy block him away from the rim. Roy is too awkward offensively and doesnt get it yet. im frustrated with Roy and i have every right to be as any pacer fan.

4) Brian Shaw - will this guy be back next year. I believe in Coach Vogel. but I do not want to see Shaw go. I dont see him returning to the Pacers bench next season.

5) MR. WEST - BAMF.

6) Larry Bird - Thank you. at the rate of Lance Stephesons progession ... btw.. anyone who watched on FSI the dunk by Lance he was jacked up in that dudes face... you all know what talking about. Lance is a dawg on the court. I dont know where Bird got the idea to as a part of his core to add a player like Lance .. maybe Bird was hoping for a little bit of Magic

if Plumlee become the next Jeff Foster than Simon better pay Bird the MAX for an Executive of the Year.

Good win. Bulls without Noah, DRose, Hinrich. Granted no Granger but Hibbert has to step up or Vogel may need to bench him for Mahinmi alas DJ, Greene.

* Greene - DNPCD.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we had taken care of the ball we would have won by 15+. They got 14 more possessions than us! I think we maybe took it a little easy on D too. Probably unintentionally, but we sometimes have lets downs on that end when we know we're facing a team that is without some key players.

Roy, Roy, Roy. I love, love, love the D. And I do think he gets hosed on a call or two per game on the offensive end. But he's just been absolutely dreadful on that side of the ball. It's painful to watch and at this point it's been going on so long that there's a lot less hope that it's going to get better. If his wrist really is bothering him a lot (and I hope it is, because otherwise...) I hope it gets the best rest and treatment EVER during the All-Star break. Can we hire the guys in Phoenix for a contract job?

I fear it's mostly mental though. He should consider changing sports psychologists.

To end on a positive note, I really like the way our offense has looked in the last 10 games. 6 games scoring over 100 and one in the upper 90s. We just have to figure out how to play the same level of D as before, or close to it, because we've definitely loosened up there a bit.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

41. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

By the way I'm not worried about Brian Shaw. Now that he is officially in a real good situation here in Indiana (Head assistant on a contending team for years to come), I think he'll wait and selectively get a good coaching job. We've seen assistants stay on for years after we thought they'd take a coaching job.

From what I understand, Shaw turned down Orlando which was a good move. So, he'll wait for the right job. I think he'll be here for a few years.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

43. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post: