Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Houston intrested in Granger

Default Re: Houston intrested in Granger

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol....
    Exactly, thread over please. I seriously do not understand this boards obsession with trading Granger for every other teams ****. We are a contending team in the east, you only do deals that put you over the top until its clear you can't possibly win it all. We haven't even scratched the surface on that.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

I really don't think Danny is going to be traded till summer when several teams will have cap space. This will give Pacers more options to get exactly what this team needs. Pacers don't need to trade Danny right now. JMO

I'd like to land John Henson, the dude has great instincts and skills. He would be a perfect backup and replacement to West in acouple more years.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    i do believe Granger is on the downward end of his career. taking three months to come back from tendonitis. thats an issue. the pacers need to hope they can ride Granger out the remainder of this season, which i believe they will beable to do then "consider" dealing him this offseason. His health does concern me. not so much as others in thata i jump to the extreme and say deal him for anything.

Granger has 3-4 seasons left of prime years if he is lucky. his game translates well as a sharpshooter, but his D will decline eventually.
    His offense may come down quickly, but I don't see his defense.

Danny's a good defender because of long arms, unusual strength, and great footwork. The vast majority (probably all of them) of his competitors are quicker than him but they don't beat him off the dribble much because his footwork helps him stay in front of them. (though it does happen of course, he's not elite). Strength for a defender is very important. Whether it is in the post, or an an opponent using his body to gain space off of drives for a shot, the defense must be able to hold their ground. This is why when the offense trys to overpower Granger it rarely works. (See: LBJ driving hard right at Granger in the playoffs straight towards the basket. Every Pacers fan predicted what happened next- Granger blocked the shot. Also see: LBJ posting Granger up in the regular season, quinn before LBJ's shot attempt: "I actually like this matchup for Granger because of his sneaky strenth" LBJ went in hard, attempted an off balance shot and Granger again blocked the shot)

Now as his speed continues to regress, he won't be able to guard the better (quicker) SF's in the league, but with Paul here, that'll never be a real problem.

Also, I should note that Granger's lack of speed also keep him from recovering off of screens or rotating to open shooters. So there are weaknesses there, but he's a very solid defender.
    Last edited by mattie; 02-05-2013 at 12:13 AM.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    His offense may come down quickly, but I don't see his defense.

Danny's a good defender because of long arms, unusual strength, and great footwork. The vast majority (probably all of them) of his competitors are quicker than him but they don't beat him off the dribble much because his footwork helps him stay in front of them. (though it does happen of course, he's not elite). Strength for a defender is very important. Whether it is in the post, or an an opponent using his body to gain space off of drives for a shot, the defense must be able to hold their ground. This is why when the offense trys to overpower Granger it rarely works. (See: LBJ driving hard right at Granger in the playoffs straight towards the basket. Every Pacers fan predicted what happened next- Granger blocked the shot. Also see: LBJ posting Granger up in the regular season, quinn before LBJ's shot attempt: "I actually like this matchup for Granger because of his sneaky strenth" LBJ went in hard, attempted an off balance shot and Granger again blocked the shot)

Now as his speed continues to regress, he won't be able to guard the better (quicker) SF's in the league, but with Paul here, that'll never be a real problem.

Also, I should note that Granger's lack of speed also keep him from recovering off of screens or rotating to open shooters. So there are weaknesses there, but he's a very solid defender.
    Ever had severe tendonitis on the knee? All the above is very limited wth the condition. Other than that I completly agree.

Sports Logo

For what it's worth, here's the clutchfans thread:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=233232
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Ever had severe tendonitis on the knee? All the above is very limited wth the condition. Other than that I completly agree.
    We don't know if it's exactly severe, my friend. We don't know what stage it reached.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought we were dealing with TendonOSIS. NOT tendonITIS. There is a difference. A very big difference.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    For what it's worth, here's the clutchfans thread:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=233232
    Imma go post over there lol
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

*sigh*

I know trade talk is fun. But we'd be dumb to break up our roster for anything less than a star
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Royce White has negative trade value. I wouldn't trade Gerald Green for him.
    I would, just to get GG's awful deal off the books.

Banned

A lot of smart fans on the Rockets forum.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    I thought we were dealing with TendonOSIS. NOT tendonITIS. There is a difference. A very big difference.
    Jumper's knee (the condition that Granger has) can be called patellar tendinOSIS, patellar tendinITIS and patellar tendinopathy.

Regarding if there is a difference between tendOnitis and tendInitis take a look at this -> http://ezinearticles.com/?Tendonitis...age&id=2178016

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

i do believe Granger is on the downward end of his career. taking three months to come back from tendonitis. thats an issue.
    If Danny comes back in the next week or so, then he'll hit exactly the projected return schedule that was first posted. He's not taking any longer than normal.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Mood

Read the first page, skipping the next four.

If it's not Harden or Lin, I'll pass. And there's no way they give up either of those two.

Lin, Harden, and Granger would make a good team, though.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

lets just...keep Granger and see how he does when he returns? I'm all for keeping the dude
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Jumper's knee (the condition that Granger has) can be called patellar tendinOSIS, patellar tendinITIS and patellar tendinopathy.

Regarding if there is a difference between tendOnitis and tendInitis take a look at this -> http://ezinearticles.com/?Tendonitis...age&id=2178016
    The difference in the names is pretty semantic. But the difference between the two is that when "tendinosis" is used it indicates a case where longterm abuse has led to a slow damaging of the tendon. When "tendinitis" is used it implies a more direct injury complete with inflammation.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Houston has really nobody that can make us better. They aren't trading Asik or Harden and I wouldn't want Lin (over hyped puss). The rest of the bench is major scrubs or rookies that prolly won't amount to to much. Parsons and Patterson is all they have and I'd much rather have Granger and Hans.

For 1st rnd picks they have their own 2014 and beyond. Any other 1st round picks that they might have had are all gone now since the trades they made.

Maybe a 3rd team would want some of their scrubs and 2nd round picks, but I don't know who that would be. I sure hope Pacers don't do something stupid on a desperate reaction. Danny is better then anyone on their team outside Harden and Harden is a ballhog and not very discipline.

I'm not concerned of Danny's knee, it is treatable thru different rest and types of exercise, weight lifting and even types of stretching and yoga. Danny comes back and closes the season out and plays strong in the playoffs, his stock will rise very high for the summer with him expiring next year.

He should fit right back in with the team with no problem. He will be one hell of a bench player if he ends up doing that role the rest of the season. He would still play with the starter as well. He actually play alot with the bench last year, he was the last starter to come off the floor to get rest.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 02-05-2013 at 01:34 AM.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Why in the world would you make a move now, on the cusp of putting together the final piece of a squad that could make a real case for the Finals.

Next summer, maybe. Next season if things get rocky or some finances just start getting really ugly, okay. But right now with no immediate financial concerns and when you are about to reap the rewards of your patience.

Maybe let's put VERY PRELIMINARY LONG TERM in front of "exploratory".

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    The difference in the names is pretty semantic. But the difference between the two is that when "tendinosis" is used it indicates a case where longterm abuse has led to a slow damaging of the tendon. When "tendinitis" is used it implies a more direct injury complete with inflammation.
    I see.

That makes a lot of sense linguistically. -itis indicates an inflammation while -osis indicates a condition. That's exactly how it is in Greek as well. So, thanks for making me look up the etymology of the terms

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

cgg

What do you guys think of this trade: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=alypbgn

Houston gets a third scorer to go with Lin and Harden, and a solid 6th man off the bench in Stephenson. Orlando gets a bunch of young talent (and probably a pick or two). And we get a true point guard and a sharpshooter. Nelson could run point with Hill sliding over to the two (Reddick would come off the bench).

I think our defense would suffer a bit, but I think our offense would be much better with a Nelson (a guy who can create off the dribble) and Reddick (a tremendous shooter off the bench).

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimePacerFan View Post
    What do you guys think of this trade: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=alypbgn

Houston gets a third scorer to go with Lin and Harden, and a solid 6th man off the bench in Stephenson. Orlando gets a bunch of young talent (and probably a pick or two). And we get a true point guard and a sharpshooter. Nelson could run point with Hill sliding over to the two (Reddick would come off the bench).

I think our defense would suffer a bit, but I think our offense would be much better with a Nelson (a guy who can create off the dribble) and Reddick (a tremendous shooter off the bench).
    i wouldnt even trade stephenson for those 2 straight up let alone having granger in there, might be a little biased but this trade blows

Sports Logo

And we get a true point guard
    We don't need a true point guard. I repeat. We do not need a true point guard.

I'll say it one more time. We. Do. Not. Need. A. True. Point. Guard.

They don't survive in Vogel's offensive system.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

You wouldn't trade Stephenson for Reddick and Jameer Nelson!? Stephenson has a PER of 12. Reddick and Nelson are both around 16. I know Nelson can be a bit of a chucker and he has injury concerns, but I think he's still a very solid starting point guard. Meanwhile Reddick has been playing out of his mind of late.

About the same way I feel about this trade:

June 5, 1981: The Portland Trail Blazers traded Tom Owens to the Indiana Pacers for a 1984 1st round draft pick.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    About the same way I feel about this trade:

June 5, 1981: The Portland Trail Blazers traded Tom Owens to the Indiana Pacers for a 1984 1st round draft pick.
    Oh ****

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014