Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Houston intrested in Granger

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Houston intrested in Granger

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Parsons is more than average the guy is averaging 14 and 5.8 if he is included in the deal you have to think about it.
    So you trade a good solid steak just to get back an old pu pu platter that has 1 decent piece of shrimp in it?
    Grown Man Ball

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    So you trade a good solid steak just to get back an old pu pu platter that has 1 decent piece of shrimp in it?
    Why do you think we can get a player that is better than Granger with Granger? Not to mention Granger's value is 0 until we know how he will come back from the injury. Im so confused...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Parsons, Delfino, Douglas and Morris for Granger and B.Hansbrough ( needed to make money fit)

Delfino cheap outside shooter, Parsons 6th man, Morris potential , Douglas expiring is about the best I could see in a deal- Chandler Parsons would have to be in the deal to even consider a Rockets trade.

Banned

Good solid steak? I don't know about that.

Give me an example of what would you like to get in return for him?

Gosh, I know I'm the resident Granger apologist but those trades are horrific. Why are we inventing scenarios where we trade our team captain for Trevor Ariza?

I'm looking at this the other way. Houston clearly feels that a backcourt of Lin/Harden/Granger would be productive. So why don't we think that Hill/George/Granger would work?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

8. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo

If the Pacers do decide to move Danny I'd hope we could get a shooting guard in return so Paul could stay at the small forward position. That is unless they think that Lance is there to stay.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Handoverfist For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I'd take their 1st, Terrence Jones and even Royce White.
    Royce White has negative trade value. I wouldn't trade Gerald Green for him.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Gosh, I know I'm the resident Granger apologist but those trades are horrific. Why are we inventing scenarios where we trade our team captain for Trevor Ariza?

I'm looking at this the other way. Houston clearly feels that a backcourt of Lin/Harden/Granger would be productive. So why don't we think that Hill/George/Granger would work?
    well put..thanks
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

When we are only a few million from the tax getting 2 years of Parsons for 900k for Granger would be about the best possible solution to our money issues. Plus Parson would be a RFA after his deal which has 2 more years after this one so yes I would really strongly consider that deal.

The rest of thoes guys would be cut/expire to save money for the most part. If you are expecting much more than a Parsons type deal for Granger I doubt we could get more.

I would talk to Danny and see if he would be open to signing at a discount but that isn't really realistic IMO.

I was wrong about Parsons I liked his skill set but I didn't think he would ever become a good NBA starter.

And I want no part of Royce White I didn't like him as a basketball player. With that said it has nothing to do with basketball why I wouldn't touch him. I do think White was so overrated in the draft process people saying he was a top 5 talent was LOL IMO a tweanner who cant guard and has a broken jump shot isn't top 5 material. If one thing good came out of this suspension his jumper should be much improved because he has had all day to fix it but he spends half of his day on twitter so maybe it isn't

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

I want no part of breaking up the budding Parsons-Lin bromance.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to maragin For This Useful Post:

J7F

I'd love to nab Chandler Parsons. Him and PG would be a very nice duo. If they were to offer a package centered around Parsons and Patrick Patterson, I'd have a hard time saying no to that.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I know as a team you have to entertain these trade talks in case there is a better deal out there. I on the other hand hope they @ least see what the team is WITH Danny. I'm starting to believe Danny could be the source of offense we need.

Regardless of way you label it (PG being a 2 or a 3) He is the new go to guy. With Danny in the lineup maybe that will cause Hibberts production to elevate back to normal. I was worried about chemistry when Danny came back but I'm really starting to love the idea of the team we will have when he returns.
    I Bleed Blue

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CreekShow For This Useful Post:

Banned

I remember talking to Bill Ingram(the rocket guy) few days ago and he pretty much told me that Parsons is close to untouchable unless they get a piece that makes them contenders, when I asked him if Houston would trade him for Gay he pretty much said nope why would Houston do that? and then he told me to compare their numbers and he was right, so in my thinking if Houston wouldn't do it for Gay I doubt they would trade him for Danny.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I remember talking to Bill Ingram(the rocket guy) few days ago and he pretty much told me that Parsons is close to untouchable unless they get a piece that makes them contenders, when I asked him if Houston would trade him for Gay he pretty much said nope why would Houston do that? and then he told me to compare their numbers and he was right, so in my thinking if Houston wouldn't do it for Gay I doubt they would trade him for Danny.
    I agree I wouldn't trade him if I was Morey that kid is really really good.

Like I said, I wouldn't condone that trade, but it would work and there would at least be some way for the Pacers to justify it (even though I wouldn't buy it). I would rather do a deal like that, than trade Granger for a handful of bench players.
    Grown Man Ball

Good solid steak? I don't know about that.

Give me an example of what would you like to get in return for him?
    Maybe good solid steak isn't the best example, maybe a nice burger?

Anyway, I would think that Granger could bring back at least a young guy like a Parsons and solid draft pick. Parsons and a bunch of crap is not a very good deal for Granger IMO. I would even do Parsons and a Toney Douglas type, someone who is young and has a nice instant offense type of game. My opinion to not give up Granger isn't so much that I don't like Parsons, as it is that I think we could get a better deal than Parsons and a handful of random end of the bench guys that we would have to buy out.
    Grown Man Ball

27. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Keep the "ideas" in the trade forum please, though I think that is the only reason that this dreck gets posted, really a "drible" from Sam Amico??
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Banned

Like I said, I wouldn't condone that trade, but it would work and there would at least be some way for the Pacers to justify it (even though I wouldn't buy it). I would rather do a deal like that, than trade Granger for a handful of bench players.
    Ariza right now is not even a bench player the guy has been horrible, not only that but he makes 6.7 mil, Parsons right now is hands down better than Ariza.

Royce White has negative trade value. I wouldn't trade Gerald Green for him.
    I disagree. But that's me.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Ariza right now is not even a bench player the guy has been horrible, not only that but he makes 6.7 mil, Parsons right now is hands down better than Ariza.
    Not a matter of talent that I'm talking about. Parsons for Granger simply doesn't work financially, so it's out of the question. The only way to make it work is adding a handful of garbage along with Parsons.
    Grown Man Ball

Banned

Maybe good solid steak isn't the best example, maybe a nice burger?

Anyway, I would think that Granger could bring back at least a young guy like a Parsons and solid draft pick. Parsons and a bunch of crap is not a very good deal for Granger IMO. I would even do Parsons and a Toney Douglas type, someone who is young and has a nice instant offense type of game. My opinion to not give up Granger isn't so much that I don't like Parsons, as it is that I think we could get a better deal than Parsons and a handful of random end of the bench guys that we would have to buy out.
    The Rockets need to send a "bunch of crap" to make salaries work, why are so worry about the "crap"? must of those guys are one year deals or like White he would probably get cut.

The Rockets need to send a "bunch of crap" to make salaries work, why are so worry about the "crap"? must of those guys are one year deals or like White he would probably get cut.
    Because in the end I don't feel like Granger for Parsons straight up makes us a better team. If we're just going to cut all the "crap" then it's essentially Granger for Parsons straight up and in my opinion that doesn't make us a better team right now, or next season. It helps us financially but I don't feel like we would be a better basketball team because of it.

That's it.
    Grown Man Ball

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I said it earlier.....a trade involving the Pacers and the Rockets involving Granger would be very difficult to work out since it would be difficult to make the Salaries work. The Rockets...unlike the Raptors ( in the Rudy Gay Trade ).....does not have a single Expiring Contract ( similar to Calderon's $9+ mil Expiring Contract ) that can match up with the bulk of Granger's $13+ mil 2012-2013 salary.

They have A LOT of small salaries that would work...but the problem is that there are only so many Players that can be included.

Either way....it would be very difficult to make such a trade work without involving a 3rd Team.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned

Because in the end I don't feel like Granger for Parsons straight up makes us a better team. If we're just going to cut all the "crap" then it's essentially Granger for Parsons straight up and in my opinion that doesn't make us a better team right now, or next season. It helps us financially but I don't feel like we would be a better basketball team because of it.

That's it.
    Out of the "crap" you mention I would keep Parson(of course) Patterson to replace Tyler, I would keep Aldrich and maybe Delfino if Green is included on the package, is a way better deal than trading Danny for Ariza and backup point guard, that is "true crap".

lol....