Thread: Pacers being discussed on spurtalk

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers being discussed on spurtalk

Impossible Is Nothing

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Romsey31 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Pacers being discussed on spurtalk

Quite a funny thread there. And the Heat fans have taken defense. And for some reason that thread was getting in the Lakers vs. Heat direction.

Wow! Talk about posters not respecting each other. That isn't a very well moderated board, is it?

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just say no to spurstalk. That is easily the worst non-RealGM sports forum on the internet.
    Last edited by spreedom; 02-04-2013 at 09:10 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Saw some decent insight from anyone who wasnt a Heat/Lakers fan. I agree it won't be easy, but to say Pacers have no chance is ignorant. Plus the whole Bosh being injured is basically nullified due to him not doing a damn thing in the 2 times weve played them this year.
    I Bleed Blue

Sports Logo

Did I see someone calling Roy Hibbert a fake tough guy?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LOL at Heat "fans" getting all defensive. Also, like someone said, that was a very poorly modded board. Shade, Hicks, ChiJ, Bill, Gnome, Peck and Able; I'd like to thank you guys for keeping PD the best forum on the net.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

11. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

How have I not seen this quote?

“I was joking out there with those guys, LeBron and Dwayne Wade,” George said after Indiana’s 102-89 victory at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. “I asked ‘em, ‘When is it my time to get some of these calls?’ They joked back and said, ‘We don’t get those.’ I told Wade, ‘the whole first half was for you.’ “

By halftime, George already was lugging three personal fouls. James and Wade had played no-touch defense, nary a foul between them.

“If it happens, it happens,” George, a newly minted 2013 All-Star, said of the league’s alleged superstar treatment. “But I don’t look to get any calls.”
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

13. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL at Heat "fans" getting all defensive. Also, like someone said, that was a very poorly modded board. Shade, Hicks, ChiJ, Bill, Gnome, Peck and Able; I'd like to thank you guys for keeping PD the best forum on the net.
    Yeah reading that garbage for only 3 minutes really puts PD into perspective. Makes me appreciate what even the perpetually non-optimistic/negative posters on this forum say because at least they provide something substantive with their posts. We have it pretty good here.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Phree Refill For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    How have I not seen this quote?
    Looks like it came from THIS article....

NDIANAPOLIS – Paul George got knocked to the floor and three, count ‘em, three Miami Heat players didn’t much like the foul call. Udonis Haslem looked exasperated at the whistle, LeBron James had a sour look on his face and, as James glanced at Dwyane Wade, he then joined in with his own half-skeptical, half-disgusted expression. Haslem went too far and got a technical for his trouble while George, well, he got a little satisfaction.

“I was joking out there with those guys, LeBron and Dwayne Wade,” George said after Indiana’s 102-89 victory at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. “I asked ‘em, ‘When is it my time to get some of these calls?’ They joked back and said, ‘We don’t get those.’ I told Wade, ‘the whole first half was for you.’ “

By halftime, George already was lugging three personal fouls. James and Wade had played no-touch defense, nary a foul between them.

“If it happens, it happens,” George, a newly minted 2013 All-Star, said of the league’s alleged superstar treatment. “But I don’t look to get any calls.”

George is looking beyond a few whistles, beyond even the two double-digit victories the Pacers have hung on Miami in the regular season. He and his teammates brought a little extra to Friday’s game because of what it means to them – their strategy, their confidence – over the long haul against the Heat. Which, naturally, means the playoffs, in what could be a chance to avenge their loss last May in the Eastern Conference semifinals.

Miami, as defending champions, could shrug off what happened Friday as just one of 82, packing no meaning beyond an off-night against Portland or Milwaukee. That’s the privilege of the rings: freedom from fretting until the best-of-seven stuff starts.

“We move on to the next one,” James said. “We don’t put too much into winning or losing these games. I’m not worried. We’re not worried.”

Mostly, Miami looked peeved, a bit dyspeptic in slipping to 11-11 on the road. Indiana shot 55.7 percent, outrebounded the Heat (doesn’t everyone?) and held them to their lowest scoring output since James, Wade and Chris Bosh combined for 66 on Jan. 8 – and the other Miami players totaled just 11.
    Clearly, though, this wasn’t just another game to Indiana.

“We know when we’re playing this team,” said power forward David West, who was a beast with 30 points on 12-for-15 shooting, with seven rebounds and five assists. West had an old-school big man’s night and should have cashed half of Roy Hibbert‘s paycheck, he carried the Indiana center so in the paint.

“We obviously have some confidence from matching up with them in the playoffs last year,” West said. “Mix that with playing well at home [the Pacers have won 13 straight at the Fieldhouse]. But we can’t overreact to it. I mean, it’s a good win against a good team, we did some good things. But we just can’t overreact to it.”

James, after all, had his way most of the night (28 points, six rebounds, 9-for-11 from the line). Miami turned up its defense (a little late, as it turned out) and stymied Indiana’s attack into 17 turnovers. Bosh got in early foul trouble and had just 13 points and two rebounds, but Wade stayed active for 17 points.

“The Heat have two of the best players in the world,” West said, “So, any time they show up, they’re going to bring some extra folks in the building and the energy is going to be different. There were games last year where, in our growth, we didn’t meet that challenge.

“Our team has grown in terms of going out and being able to execute what we’re trying to do. Not getting caught up in the atmosphere and environment, and being able to play some solid basketball.”

Indiana got the better of Miami in the clash of team strengths – its league-best defensive field-goal percentage (.419) vs. the Heat’s league-best offensive percentage (.489). The Pacers fended off a push late in the third quarter. And James and Wade were whistled for six fouls in the second half to just one for their All-Star Pacers buddy.

Well, buddy for a day when George teams up with all those Heat types in Houston.

“I guess it’s what All-Star is about,” George said. “It’s really just a weekend to have some fun with it and enjoy the time. From being real competitive, that’s the only way I’m looking at it, it’s just a break. But when it’s opening back up for the season, it’ll be easy to change the mindset to being competitive against those guys.”

He already is. The Pacers already are.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ejwallace For This Useful Post:

...and thank you PD peeps for not letting us have those obnoxiously HUGE sigs. I had a workout just trying to scroll through 2 posts

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

There are certainly some posters on there I would happily, if I could, extend my fist through my screen and punch them.
    Clueless and the worst of all, bandwagoners, who took a looooooooooong hiatus after 2006. Poor poor forum.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Awfully liberal use of the word discussed.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

My God that was brutal.

I want to thank every one of you posters on the Digest because without you guys we could very well look just like that.

I about copied and pasted just some random Uncle Buck post and placed it on their board just to see if the cosmic forces of non-quality posting and quality posting meeting up would cause a black hole or something.

Our least posters on here are akin to Dickens, Faulkner, Twain or Shakespear compared to that group.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ej wallace's article
    Mostly, Miami looked peeved, a bit dyspeptic in slipping to 11-11 on the road. Indiana shot 55.7 percent, outrebounded the Heat (doesn’t everyone?) and held them to their lowest scoring output since James, Wade and Chris Bosh combined for 66 on Jan. 8 – and the other Miami players totaled just 11.
    Dyspeptic?

dys·pep·tic -- /disˈpeptik/ --Adjective
    Of or having indigestion or consequent irritability or depression.
    "Consequent irritability" means "irritability as a consequence of..." in this case, indigestion. The Heat looked like they were depressed and irritated because they were having trouble digesting what they were being fed?

Doesn't look like it was a tasty dish.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Same kinda crap coming from the RealGM forum thread when we played Miami last week. Lakers & Miami fans are the most clueless fans around, they have no concept that lots other teams actually have some really talented players. I really hate how fans disrespect other team's players and it seems they really know nothing about said players.

I think we play Miami better when Bosh does play. I figure if Bosh is shooting the ball, Wade and Lebron are not, so it's usually better better for us. Did you guys know Ray Allen has been held scoreless 3 times in his career, 2 of those times were against the Pacers this season.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Lol @ one guy who said "the refs are just coasting" and will start giving MIA calls in the playoffs. It's funny because its true!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Dyspeptic?

"Consequent irritability" means "irritability as a consequence of..." in this case, indigestion. The Heat looked like they were depressed and irritated because they were having trouble digesting what they were being fed?

Doesn't look like it was a tasty dish.
    This is honestly one of the best NBA still photos I've ever seen. SO much going on, lol.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

32. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This is honestly one of the best NBA still photos I've ever seen. SO much going on, lol.
    I love the expression on Lance's face.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Lance: Yelling at officials? Ain't nobody got time for that.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post: