Thread: 'American Sniper' author Chris Kyle fatally shot at Texas gun range

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 'American Sniper' author Chris Kyle fatally shot at Texas gun range

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/03/16823532-american-sniper-author-chris-kyle-fatally-shot-at-texas-gun-range?lite

'American Sniper' author Chris Kyle fatally shot at Texas gun range

former Navy SEAL who wrote "American Sniper," a best-selling book about his lethal career as a marksman in Iraq, was shot to death with another man at a gun range near Stephenville, Texas, on Saturday.

Chris Kyle, 38, and the other man were found dead at the shooting range of Rough Creek Lodge on Saturday afternoon, Texas Highway Patrol spokesman Lonny Haschel told KXAS.
    The gunman, identified as Eddie Ray Routh of Lancaster, Texas, was arrested after a brief pursuit, Trooper Haschel said. The other victim was named as Chad Littlefield, aged 35.

Kyle, a Texas native who grew up hunting, served four tours in Iraq with Navy SEAL Team 3. His shooting during battles in Ramadi and Fallujah became legendary, and insurgents nicknamed him the "Devil of Ramadi" and put a bounty on his head.

He was credited with 160 confirmed kills, including one in 2008 in which he said he fired from 2,100 yards away -- 1.2 miles.
    The Star-Telegram described him as "America's deadliest sniper."
    Haschel said Routh is believed to have shot the victims at around 3:30 p.m. local time (4:30 p.m. ET) before leaving the shooting range and returning to his home in Lancaster in a Ford pickup truck.

Default Re: 'American Sniper' author Chris Kyle fatally shot at Texas gun range

...if only he'd been armed and trained in how to use a weapon...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Well that did not take long.

I guess a simple RIP is a bit much to ask.

PS. There is scientific proof shooting can be therapeutic.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

PS. There is scientific proof shooting can be therapeutic.
    And harmful too I guess.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And harmful too I guess.
    No doubt, and no doubt a gun range can be a dangerous place. Of course, he was at said range because he was working with a program he was invovled with (maybe started, I honestly dont know) to help rehab troups with PTSD. It was one of the ways he gave back

I guess I am just sick and tired of stupid and ******* remarks. From both sides of the aisle

This is a guy who served his country, gave a lot to be in the military (I love those who argue he made big $$$ being a sniper ) and was helping rehab vets who have PTSD.

Did he have faults? Sure. But he was killed by a crazy guy.

But as with most everything in our society now instead of stopping and paying respects we must be quick to politicize it and talk about how ironic situation X or Y is