Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 96

Thread: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

  1. #1
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,856

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    http://www.nba.com/video/channels/or...nba/index.html

    It does not give us the W, but at least they owned up to it.


    Anyone still feel like making the argument Iggy didn't foul Paul?
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  3. #2
    High Flyers ThA HoyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasco, wa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,513

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    Come on u know the NBA doesn't know what they are talking about (sarcasm)

  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    I still see it as a double foul.

  5. #4
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,856

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still see it as a double foul.
    I was holding a mental countdown.

    You were down to about 30 seconds left. Congratulations on beating the buzzer.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  7. #5
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,518

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still see it as a double foul.
    Paul George wouldn't have run into him if he didn't reach though. THat last closeup makes it clear as day IMO. Also clear as day is the referee about 5 feet from the action lol

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  9. #6

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still see it as a double foul.
    You also still don't know the rules, apparently.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bunt For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul George wouldn't have run into him if he didn't reach though. THat last closeup makes it clear as day IMO. Also clear as day is the referee about 5 feet from the action lol
    Don't get me wrong I think it was a foul, but I also think that what Paul George was doing with his left arm is also a foul reason why the official decided not to call it, either way I don't understand were Paul George was going with 3 seconds left.

  12. #8
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    Watching that video again pisses me off...it's SO OBVIOUS that IGgy reached, missed, collided with Paul, THEN stole it.

    Consequently, that's why I disagree with vnzla regarding the double foul. Iggy collided with Paul first.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    Shocked that the NBA admitted it. Still waiting on the Utah backboard thing.


    Also - I don't really care. I already tweeted that it just doesn't make a difference.

    1) You shouldn't get in that spot by playing sloppy or without energy.

    2) You did show impressive defensive based comebacks (esp. DWest) to give yourself a shot

    3) You just played what might end up being 4 straight playoff teams on the road, and not even the same team where you could at least adjust and avoid travel. If POR makes up the 1.5 games to end up 8th instead of Houston, then it means that the Pacers just played 4 playoff team road games and only have 5 left. Even if Houston holds on then you played 4 teams in the top 9 West and only play 6 playoff teams on the road the rest of the way.


    So ultimately no one will remember this anymore than they'll remember the LAL or SAC wins, and will only remember the GSW loss because it was the 0 points by PG that began his monster ASG run.

    Who gives a s***, the team can still lock people down in the clutch and when Danny and Sammy come back this team is gone to knock some heads around during their playoff run. F****** A Bubba!*








    * you really should watch Southern Comfort sometime, great flick

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  16. #10
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,931

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still see it as a double foul.
    Iggy was not in legal defensive position and initiated contact in Paul George's space. He steps and reaches forward. It's not even close to a double foul.

  17. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  18. #11
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,931

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't get me wrong I think it was a foul, but I also think that what Paul George was doing with his left arm is also a foul reason why the official decided not to call it, either way I don't understand were Paul George was going with 3 seconds left.
    Where is his arm supposed to go when Iggy steps into him? It's attached to his body.

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,518

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where is his arm supposed to go when Iggy steps into him? It's attached to his body.
    I agree, but we have benefit in slow motion. the referee, while in great position, will see a play the play as a BAM-BAM play and have to make a judgment call. keeping in mind that barring a TO the Pacers have the last shot, he probably stuck with the "call last plays loosely" rules.

    While it was clearly a foul, if the refs don't change philosophy and call a touch foul on the other end we go into OT and are probably not even talking about this.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  22. #13
    Remember #31 dohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,333

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    They should require Paul George to fly to Denver after thier next home game to shoot 2 free throws.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:


  24. #14
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,931

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, but we have benefit in slow motion. the referee, while in great position, will see a play the play as a BAM-BAM play and have to make a judgment call. keeping in mind that barring a TO the Pacers have the last shot, he probably stuck with the "call last plays loosely" rules.

    While it was clearly a foul, if the refs don't change philosophy and call a touch foul on the other end we go into OT and are probably not even talking about this.
    In normal speed they should see Iggy out of legal defensive position and not beating Paul George to the spot, and also reaching in.

  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  26. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,653

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't get me wrong I think it was a foul, but I also think that what Paul George was doing with his left arm is also a foul reason why the official decided not to call it, either way I don't understand were Paul George was going with 3 seconds left.
    Really? You mean to tell me that you really can't figure that one out?

    The action George was taking was meant to accomplish one of three things: 1. Initiate the drive and take the step back 3 in the event that he could not draw the foul, or preferably 2. Initiate the drive and draw the foul, thereby getting to the line and winning the game, or 3. At the very least, go to overtime.

    George was not going to take a quick shot, thereby giving Denver the ball with several seconds left. He was going to take a shot with 2 or 3 seconds left on the clock that would enable the Pacers a possible tip in the event he missed the shot. Or, better yet, he was hoping to get fouled to put him to the line to win the game.

    It really isn't all that hard to figure out.

  27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  28. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? You mean to tell me that you really can't figure that one out?

    The action George was taking was meant to accomplish one of three things: 1. Initiate the drive and take the step back 3 in the event that he could not draw the foul, or preferably 2. Initiate the drive and draw the foul, thereby getting to the line and winning the game, or 3. At the very least, go to overtime.

    George was not going to take a quick shot, thereby giving Denver the ball with several seconds left. He was going to take a shot with 2 or 3 seconds left on the clock that would enable the Pacers a possible tip in the event he missed the shot. Or, better yet, he was hoping to get fouled to put him to the line to win the game.

    It really isn't all that hard to figure out.
    Paul George started moving with like 4 seconds left eliminating all your options, he only had time to take a fade away jumper with somebody all over his face, so yep is not that hard to understand.

  29. #17
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,518

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In normal speed they should see Iggy out of legal defensive position and not beating Paul George to the spot, and also reaching in.
    Agreed. But it doesn't mean I'm not allowed to understand why the foul wasn't called. It was a mistake, I was mad after it happened. But I'm over it now.

  30. #18
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,461

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still see it as a double foul.
    I have not seen the play, but I find refs calling double fouls a cop out. Why do we only see them at the NBA level?

  31. #19
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.


  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  33. #20
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    37
    Posts
    970

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still see it as a double foul.
    That's cause you have awful cataracts
    Danger Zone

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:


  35. #21
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul George started moving with like 4 seconds left eliminating all your options, he only had time to take a fade away jumper with somebody all over his face, so yep is not that hard to understand.
    Because the worst-case scenario is overtime. The main goal for the Pacers there was not to turn the ball over, and to make sure that there was no time left on the clock when that shot hit or missed.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  37. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because the worst-case scenario is overtime. The main goal for the Pacers there was not to turn the ball over, and to make sure that there was no time left on the clock when that shot hit or missed.
    OK so the strategy was great my bad for trashing Paul George there.

  38. #23
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still see it as a double foul.
    vnz does a post such as this at least once or twice every day that makes you go, "should I just block him?" lol ugh. The most stubborn mind ever I think.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  39. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,653

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because the worst-case scenario is overtime. The main goal for the Pacers there was not to turn the ball over, and to make sure that there was no time left on the clock when that shot hit or missed.
    I think that maybe I should just message you to provide the useful info to vnzla... He seems to take it so much better from you. /end green

  40. #25
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,938

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Acknowledges missed call at end of Denver game.

    I think that both this and the Iggy "foul" should have been no-calls.

    Let the players decide the game in OT.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Noah acknowledges saying 'something' to fan [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 12:00 AM
  2. Are any of you fans of MLB? (jim Joyce missed call)
    By vapacersfan in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 11:40 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 07:10 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 08:10 PM
  5. Suns' Iavaroni acknowledges meeting with Grizz (ESPN.com)
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2007, 04:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •