Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is it safe to say, with Danny, we are the most talented "TEAM" in the NBA, now?

Default Re: Is it safe to say, with Danny, we are the most talented "TEAM" in the NBA, now?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Lakers, Heat, Knicks, and Thunder are all EASILY more talented than the Pacers. And that's just off the top of my head.
    Lakers: Maybe but I don't think they have any more talent than we do. Just bigger names.

Heat: They might have one player better than George, and another better than Granger, but after that we have 3 other players on par or better than Bosh.

Knicks: Same as Lakers

OKC: Probably

Some team- may have better talent at top, but only one or two teams have more talent 1 through 6. There are a few that have just as much as we do though.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Is it safe to say, with Danny, we are the most talented "TEAM" in the NBA, now?

We r 7 deep with Players that I would argue is a solid 7 player roster that I'd be happy to take into the Playoffs. How do the other Teams 7 key players stack up?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cool Re: Is it safe to say, with Danny, we are the most talented "TEAM" in the NBA, now?

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    We r 7 deep with Players that I would argue is a solid 7 player roster that I'd be happy to take into the Playoffs. How do the other Teams 7 key players stack up?
    In the east, there are four that are better than the Pacers as they are right now. They may get that down to three when Granger returns or they move backward a bit and there will be five ahead of them.... ...

Banned
    Mood

Cool Re: Is it safe to say, with Danny, we are the most talented "TEAM" in the NBA, now?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Lakers: Maybe but I don't think they have any more talent than we do. Just bigger names.

They have bigger names and much better players. PG might start for them and he might not.... They will be getting better and better but they have the wrong coach.

Heat: They might have one player better than George, and another better than Granger, but after that we have 3 other players on par or better than Bosh.

They have three players better than PG and perhaps four (certainly in his prime, Ray Allen was better).

Knicks: Same as Lakers

I think the Knicks are far better than the Pacers and would beat them in a playoff series as they are not. A health Granger might change that but is he really healthy?

OKC: Probably

Some team- may have better talent at top, but only one or two teams have more talent 1 through 6. There are a few that have just as much as we do though.
    I think that statement is about right. The Pacers are currently fourth in the East or in the middle of the pack for the playoffs. They may go up or they may move back when Granger returns.... ...

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not sure who those other 4 teams, I could guess (Bulls, Nets, Knicks, Heat), going off that I don't think the Nets or Knicks are better. The Nets have a very average bench and a couple good but not superstar players anymore in Joe Johnson and Deron Williams, Lopez is pretty good but not on that level either yet. The Knicks are a gimmicky 3 point shooting team with a superstar in Melo, and a great defensive presence in Chandler that would give the Pacers problems; over a 7 game series I have no doubt the Pacers could handle the Knicks. The Heat are better 1-3 and that's all that matters, no arguing there....The Bulls are the wildcard, if Rose comes back and is 100%, then they are probably better than the Pacers, even with a 100% Granger that molds well with the team.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Not sure who those other 4 teams, I could guess (Bulls, Nets, Knicks, Heat), going off that I don't think the Nets or Knicks are better. The Nets have a very average bench and a couple good but not superstar players anymore in Joe Johnson and Deron Williams, Lopez is pretty good but not on that level either yet. The Knicks are a gimmicky 3 point shooting team with a superstar in Melo, and a great defensive presence in Chandler that would give the Pacers problems; over a 7 game series I have no doubt the Pacers could handle the Knicks. The Heat are better 1-3 and that's all that matters, no arguing there....The Bulls are the wildcard, if Rose comes back and is 100%, then they are probably better than the Pacers, even with a 100% Granger that molds well with the team.
    If the Knicks have the home court advantage, I think they beat the Pacers. I would sure like to have those good but not superstar players the nets have and Lopez in on the all star team ahead of Hibbert. I like them to beat the Pacers too if they have the home court but wouldn't be surprised to see the Pacers beat them. ... I think the Pacers win a first round playoff series if they are seeded 1-4. If they slip to five, they might not get out of the first round. I definitely would think they would lose in the second round although they could take some team to six or seven games.....

The Knicks should hire JOB. There's no way they can shoot enough three's at the slow pace they're playing at.

Sports Logo

To the OP:

I sometimes get confused with the word talent. Apparently the Dallas Cowboys have underachieved in recent years given all their "talent". Or so I've heard. Until this year the same was said of the Knicks... They had "talent" but just didn't play defense.

A team that scores a lot, and alley-oops, and makes the highlight reels, and appears smooth and attractive to the eye, seems to equate to talent. That appears to be the connotation to me.

We have something like the 10th or 11th best record in the NBA, and we play in the weaker Eastern Conference, so it's really hard for me to make a case that we're the most talented, or the best, or whatever.

I am excited about Granger's return, though. For awhile I wasn't sure he'd help this team's chemistry because we'd be adding yet another shoot-first player. I thought maybe he'd interfere with Paul George's development. But lately I've been simplifying it to this: Who do I want starting on the NBA's 3rd worst offense? Lance Stephenson or Danny Granger? No disrespect to Lance, but Danny is almost certainly going to be an upgrade.

And that's exciting. Everyone is talking about the Rose-less Bulls, but the Granger-less Pacers might sneak up and surprise some people in the coming months.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

4 out of 5 dentists agree that 4 out of 5 Pacers starters are All-Stars

I honestly feel that by playoff time, the Stephenson/George duo will prove to be one of the most formidable duos in the NBA.

Amazing how much difference a week makes. A week ago we just lost three straight to teams that likely won't get out of the first round of the playoffs (and one that won't even make the playoffs) and now we wonder if we are the best team in the NBA.

If the Pacers don't become a better road team by the time the playoffs start, they won't get to the ECF (and I don't care if we have the best record in the east or not). In the playoffs, you never win all your home games, so you have to still win on the road to win a playoff series most of the time.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 02-04-2013 at 01:52 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Amazing how much difference a week makes. A week ago we just lost three straight to teams that likely won't get out of the first round of the playoffs (and one that won't even make the playoffs) and now we wonder if we are the best team in the NBA.

If the Pacers don't become a better road team by the time the playoffs start, they won't get to the ECF (and I don't care if we have the best record in the east or not). In the playoffs, you never win all your home games, so you have to still win on the road to win a playoff series most of the time.
    wooh I don't agree 2 week ago we beat Memphis in a day game and travel all the way to Portland for a game. In the NFL teams ***** about not having enough rest with a full week going East to West. We just played bad with turnovers in those 3 games. I don't think anyone panicked it's the NBA you have bad weeks and it was clear we just played like **** no biggie IMO. You especially have bad weeks on long road trips west.

About the playoffs I think it depends on match-ups but i'm optimistic about this team and I am never one to be overly optimistic, I am the one who thinks rather than emotion. I really like we are at as a team. Of course we wont be the favorites or anything and no we cant expect we will be in the eastern conference finals but if we play well I wouldn't be surprised if we are in the ECF. I never though I would be able to say that either.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    4 out of 5 dentists agree that 4 out of 5 Pacers starters are All-Stars
    Then the dentists would be wrong since only three of them have been all stars. Only one is a current all stat (Granger isn't back yet and he was an all star a million years ago). Making an All Star team or being added to one some time in the past doesn't mean squat now......

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Then the dentists would be wrong since only three of them have been all stars. Only one is a current all stat (Granger isn't back yet and he was an all star a million years ago). Making an All Star team or being added to one some time in the past doesn't mean squat now......
    Yep, if that was the case Dallas has a bunch of stars in one team too, Dirk, Vinsanity, The Matrix, Kaman, Brand, etc.

The Bulls are missing Derrick Rose and are leading the division, no.

We just under pay players until they are all stars. When we do pay them, they are no longer all stars.