Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it safe to say, with Danny, we are the most talented "TEAM" in the NBA, now?

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cool Re: Is it safe to say, with Danny, we are the most talented "TEAM" in the NBA, now?

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and only 3 games out of first (we just beat that first place team again too). Oh and we don't have Danny Granger.
    First, you don't know how well Granger will play when he returns. He may not be he Danny Granger you have seen. Second, we don't know how it will effect the chemistry of a team that is playing pretty damn well. I wouldn't be surprised to see them cool off for a few games while they determine how Granger is playing and getting him back in the flow of the game..... .. Personally, I would bring him off the bench for the rest of the season because I think PG plays better at SF than at SG and I don't want to see Lance's progress slowed down....

Default Re: Is it safe to say, with Danny, we are the most talented "TEAM" in the NBA, now?

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    First, you don't know how well Granger will play when he returns. He may not be he Danny Granger you have seen. Second, we don't know how it will effect the chemistry of a team that is playing pretty damn well. I wouldn't be surprised to see them cool off for a few games while they determine how Granger is playing and getting him back in the flow of the game..... .. Personally, I would bring him off the bench for the rest of the season because I think PG plays better at SF than at SG and I don't want to see Lance's progress slowed down....
    Why are you so negative?

This team gives us no reason to be anything but positive. At the very least, Danny Granger will be better than DJ/Green. Which improves are team. And our team is 3 games out of first place while playing more away games than anyone.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Is it safe to say, with Danny, we are the most talented "TEAM" in the NBA, now?

A superstar is a player like the ones you mention who can put a team on their backs and use their will to win a big game. A star, in my mind, is a player who is a "go to" player who can make that last shot or make a great defensive stop on a superstar....... Paul Pierce and players of that ilk are what I have in mind. I don't think PG is there yet (but getting closer all of the time). Granger never made it to that status..... But this is only my opinion...... ...
    Okay I can live with that. You have a very high standard for a star player but if your consistent about it then I won't disagree.

Pierce and I assume Carmelo maybe Westbrook as well. Any others?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

I'm one of Danny's biggest fans left on here & I'll admit that the one thing that concerns me more than anything else is how his return impacts Lance.

I think Paul will be fine either way & I truly believe that Danny & Paul can play together with no problem. But Lance is a concern for me.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I'm one of Danny's biggest fans left on here & I'll admit that the one thing that concerns me more than anything else is how his return impacts Lance.

I think Paul will be fine either way & I truly believe that Danny & Paul can play together with no problem. But Lance is a concern for me.
    The Granger injury was really a blessing in some ways. Not only to Paul George, but Lance Stephenson as well. Were a better team because of this and I do not expect there to be any lack of continuity when Granger does return.

In fact, a trade involving Granger would disrupt chemistry much more thank bringing Granger back in to the fold. I am way more concerned with Danny's knee than him disrupting chemistry.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I'd say West and Granger are also more talented than anyone on the Bulls not named Rose. Boozer and Deng are a good pair to go against it though.

George hasn't had nearly as many problems in chasing players around this season either. He has made great strides in that department. And last year Paul George wasn't what he is today. West wasn't 100% either. This years team is better. Thats why without Granger, we still have the same record half way through the season.
    Well that's false because Deng is just as good, if not better than Granger. Outside of 3pt shooting, there is nothing Granger does better than Deng. Boozer and West are on par with each other. But Noah is indeed better than anybody on the Pacers outside of George. He is the Rajon Rondo of centers in that he positively impacts the game in every facet... points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, defense, facilitator, etc. And Noah will likely win DPOY. That's not to say the Pacers couldn't beat the Bulls, but talent wise, the Bulls have more of it, and are probably deeper as well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Miami in five games. If Wade or Bosh is injured six games. LBJ will just step and do whatever he needs to do to win.... ...
    You are right about the Heat in 6 if Bosh is injured. The lack of his Charmin presence toughens the Heat on the interior and allows Lebron and Wade more offensive spacing and touches as a result, giving the Heat the advantage just like it did last year. With Bosh, Pacers in 6, just like it should have been last year................

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

We are not the most talented, but we are the best TEAM

Banned
    Mood

Cool Re: Is it safe to say, with Danny, we are the most talented "TEAM" in the NBA, now?

Okay I can live with that. You have a very high standard for a star player but if your consistent about it then I won't disagree.

Pierce and I assume Carmelo maybe Westbrook as well. Any others?
    Lots of others. Most teams have one. Love in Minnesota, Noah in Chicago (Rose is a superstar or was if healthy), Randolph in Memphis, Gay now in Toronto and many more. I agree with the two you mention. ... Not having a star yet is what will keep the Pacers from going deep in the playoffs..... PG may become one and I think he is getting close but not quite yet. I actually believe that Lance may become one too....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by The Rocker View Post
    We are not the most talented, but we are the best TEAM
    No, the Pacers are not the best "team". Will a first round exit in the playoffs convince you of that? ...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Why are you so negative?

This team gives us no reason to be anything but positive. At the very least, Danny Granger will be better than DJ/Green. Which improves are team. And our team is 3 games out of first place while playing more away games than anyone.
    I gave the two reasons in my original post. Yes, Granger will be better than DJ/Green but that doesn't mean that he may disrupt the chemistry of this team and it doesn't mean that they won't struggle a bit when he returns to work him in. Yes, we are three games from first place but only four from eighth place. A key injury and you are fighting to make the playoffs. It is a tough world out there. Other than Granger, they have been mostly injury free for two years. That is really unbelievable.... ... If the Pacers don't get a four seed or better it might be one and done for them in the playoffs.

Perhaps at first, but not after some play together. It seems likely the Pacers will go with a 3 man rotation at the wing position. Lance will be doing the same thing he does, sometimes with Paul and sometimes with Danny. The guys that will really be impacted by Danny's return are OJ and Gerald. They will be spending a lot more time on the bench. And Hill or DJA. They've been playing together to cover the weakness at the wing bench. I expect to see less of that. Probably less minutes for both guys. Hill has been playing too many minutes and DJA has issues defensively.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

don't forget the Pacers could go small in stretches against certain teams aswell: Hill, Lance, PG, Danny, West/Roy. A lot of flexibility. He could also take a few of Tylers minutes in the playoffs, strengthening the second unit. Remember the unit that always lost a LOT of points when they were brought in? The unit that now also has a legit athletic, tall C in Ian aswell. Pacers will be tougher this year, no question.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    He made the shot, but that's not exactly a smart basketball play. I agree though, that he is approaching stardom.

I believe that Paul George is a star in this league with his offensive and defensive productions, and apparently LeBron James agrees with me, he said himself Paul is a star

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    He made the shot, but that's not exactly a smart basketball play. I agree though, that he is approaching stardom.
    It was a smart shot, because his teammates were staring at him and the shot clock was running down...

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    I agree typically that is not a smart basketball play (unless he can hit the stepback fade away jumper consistently) but the shot clock was running down so he had to

Banned
    Mood

I believe that Paul George is a star in this league with his offensive and defensive productions, and apparently LeBron James agrees with me, he said himself Paul is a star
    If he is not, it is very close. I would not argue with anyone who thought of him that way. He doesn't qualify yet with me but my standards are pretty high..... ... If he were truly a star, Danny Granger would not come back and start at SF, clearly PG's best position. That makes me believe that the Pacers do not think he is a star yet.....

Banned
    Mood

What are your qualifications to be a star? ...

What are your qualifications to be a star? ...
    a star to me is someone who can take over a game, but not consistently like a superstar does, for Paul George he dominated the Chicago game and put us on his back for that game, he also pretty much dominated the first Heat game, but he can't do it consistently. I would also say a star needs to be a able to create his own shot, but that seems pretty obvious
    Last edited by BlueCollarColts; 02-03-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Lakers, Heat, Knicks, and Thunder are all EASILY more talented than the Pacers. And that's just off the top of my head.

As for the matchup vs the bulls here is how I see it: (assuming Granger starts at SF)

Rose>>Hill
    Hamilton Deng=Granger
    Boozer Noah>Hibbert

The starting line-up's are actually pretty close IMO, but what will really kill us is their bench compared to ours. Ours will get a lift with Stephenson playing with them, but Chicago's bench is still lethal. Nate Robinson, Beleneli, Gibson... They're definitely still a better team. Would be an interesting series to say the least.

Banned
    Mood

a star to me is someone who can take over a game, but not consistently like a superstar does, for Paul George he dominated the Chicago game and put us on his back for that game, he also pretty much dominated the first Heat game, but he can't do it consistently. I would also say a star needs to be a able to create his own shot, but that seems pretty obvious
    So, our difference is in the definition of "star". I think a star has to be consistently good. It is not that long ago that PG failed to score in a game. The fact that you admit that PG cannot play to that high level consistently equals my definition of a player who is very good but is not a star. I think PG is getting close but he has to do it consistently over a full season to be called a star. He hasn't done that yet...... ...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    As for the matchup vs the bulls here is how I see it: (assuming Granger starts at SF)

Rose>>Hill
    Hamilton Deng=Granger
    Boozer Noah>Hibbert

The starting line-up's are actually pretty close IMO, but what will really kill us is their bench compared to ours. Ours will get a lift with Stephenson playing with them, but Chicago's bench is still lethal. Nate Robinson, Beleneli, Gibson... They're definitely still a better team. Would be an interesting series to say the least.
    I do not see D Rose coming back and performing at an MVP level.

Rose > Hill
    Rip << George
    Deng = Granger
    Boozer = West
    Noah = Hibbert
    Chicago Bench = Indiana Bench
    Thibs > Vogel

overall very even.