Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it safe to say, with Danny, we are the most talented "TEAM" in the NBA, now?

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cool Re: Is it safe to say, with Danny, we are the most talented "TEAM" in the NBA, now?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have more talent top to bottom than OKC. They downgraded their talent level by foolishly trading James Harden. Durant and Westbrick are better than any of our guys. But I'll take our entire starting 5 plus Granger over anybody else on their team.
    I think you will be very much alone on that view. ...

Banned
    Mood

Cool Re: Is it safe to say, with Danny, we are the most talented "TEAM" in the NBA, now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    You are the one being proven wrong by "our" team this season, so I am taking your trollish words with a TON of salt .
    Hey, I like the Pacers. They are fourth or fifth in the East right now and that is about right. Miami, when James and Wade start playing heavy minutes will quickly dispatch with the Pacers. You asked a question and I gave you the right answer..... But, it isn't what you wanted to hear so you resort to calling me a troll..... We don't even know if Granger can still play at his usual level. James and Wade showed they can beat this Pacers team almost by themselves. Add to that the bench is not as good as it was last year and I see a one and done playoff series. Still not bad for a conservative, small market team..... ...

Default Re: Is it safe to say, with Danny, we are the most talented "TEAM" in the NBA, now?

James and Wade played heavy minutes last night. Both were well above their averages.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Is it safe to say, with Danny, we are the most talented "TEAM" in the NBA, now?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    We have more talent top to bottom than OKC. They downgraded their talent level by foolishly trading James Harden. Durant and Westbrick are better than any of our guys. But I'll take our entire starting 5 plus Granger over anybody else on their team.
    Overall talent? I don't know. Top two players? OKC by a landslide. All that is really important though is that we just don't seem to match up real well with them. They give us fits.

We aren't good enough yet to make OKC match up with us in our pace of game. We still will attempt to match with them while they probably control the pace. It would take the stars aligning very well for us to beat them in 7 games.
    Last edited by beast23; 02-02-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Hey, I like the Pacers. They are fourth or fifth in the East right now and that is about right. Miami, when James and Wade start playing heavy minutes will quickly dispatch with the Pacers. You asked a question and I gave you the right answer..... But, it isn't what you wanted to hear so you resort to calling me a troll..... We don't even know if Granger can still play at his usual level. James and Wade showed they can beat this Pacers team almost by themselves. Add to that the bench is not as good as it was last year and I see a one and done playoff series. Still not bad for a conservative, small market team..... ...
    This isn't last year. People forget that West is healthy now and it's a huge factor against Miami. Then you have Paul George playing better overall than Granger did last year. Then you have Paul guarding LeBron which disrupts his ability to get guys shots. Then you have Lance who is a dangerous player as well. Lots of size in that starting lineup without Collison. Then you have Mahinmi who is a big upgrade over Lou. Even Tyler is playing more effectively this year.

The bottom line is, we are better than last year and we match up better with the Heat. They will have their hands full beating us this time.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This isn't last year. People forget that West is healthy now and it's a huge factor against Miami. Then you have Paul George playing better overall than Granger did last year. Then you have Paul guarding LeBron which disrupts his ability to get guys shots. Then you have Lance who is a dangerous player as well. Lots of size in that starting lineup without Collison. Then you have Mahinmi who is a big upgrade over Lou. Even Tyler is playing more effectively this year.

The bottom line is, we are better than last year and we match up better with the Heat. They will have their hands full beating us this time.

Miami in five games. If Wade or Bosh is injured six games. LBJ will just step and do whatever he needs to do to win.... ...

Miami in five games. If Wade or Bosh is injured six games. LBJ will just step and do whatever he needs to do to win.... ...
    Wanna place a wager on that one? Or are you still trying to save your pennies for the steak dinner you owe Sollozzo?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I think you could argue deepest starting 5/best starting five. Particularly if Roy's offense would show up. But Hill/PG/Danny/West/Hibbert...4 of which have been/are All Stars, all of which are above average starters. Usually every team has that one or two guys that Start as role players and are quite limited.

Then you add Lance and Ian...with Tyler, DJ, and Sam getting spot minutes, and we do have a very deep team.

I will take tha bet, as a matter of fact, I'll take the pacer's to win the series. This is a much better team than last year. And once again as I do in most of my post may I say. Thanks Legend.
    Good is the enemy of Great

We're changing the identity of our basketball team -- dramatically. We're a power post team -- a blood-and-guts, old-school, smash-mouth team that plays with size, strength, speed and athleticism. We attack the basket. . . . This is the new identity of our team. It was a great effort. I'm very proud of our guys."
    -- Frank Vogel.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by colts19 View Post
    I will take tha bet, as a matter of fact, I'll take the pacer's to win the series. This is a much better team than last year. And once again as I do in most of my post may I say. Thanks Legend.
    You greatly overrate the Pacers but what else is new. They have no superstars. They really don't have any stars at all. I am not sure they can beat the Knicks, Nets or Chicago in a playoff series.... Miami, they have no chance at all...... ...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Wanna place a wager on that one? Or are you still trying to save your pennies for the steak dinner you owe Sollozzo?
    If I owe him a dinner, I will pay him the next time I am in Indy probably in May... ...

Continually overrate the Pacers on this board. The Pacers aren't even the most talented team in their own division, that'd be the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    Continually overrate the Pacers on this board. The Pacers aren't even the most talented team in their own division, that'd be the Bulls.
    Curse all of you idiot homers.

How dare you overrate the Indiana Pacers on a site dedicated to the Indiana Pacers.

That being said, your probably not wrong. But IMO its wrong to expect a fan site to not highly support or maybe even over support their team.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

You greatly overrate the Pacers but what else is new. They have no superstars. They really don't have any stars at all. I am not sure they can beat the Knicks, Nets or Chicago in a playoff series.... Miami, they have no chance at all...... ...
    I agree with the first part but I am going to need you to explain to me what is a star player in the NBA and who fits your definition before I can either agree or disagree.

I rank superstars as LeBron, Wade, Bryant, Duncan, Durrant and used to put Howard & Rose there but we will need to see how they both recover from injury.

What is the high & low for your definition of a star player?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Bulls have the most talented player between the two, but I don't think they are the more talented team.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

I think they can beat anyone in a series.
    No team has improved as much as the Pacers in the last year on a growth standpoint.
    Pacers beat OKC last year.
    OKC beat Pacers early this year when they where trying to find themselves as a team.
    Pacers took the Heat to 6 games.
    OKC took the Heat to 5 games.
    Pacers has beat the Heat the last 3 season games and held Ray to zero points the last 2 games. And this without our best player.

I think the verdict is still out, but it looks really promising.

We do have 4 All-Stars and none of them are washed up.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 02-02-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I agree with the first part but I am going to need you to explain to me what is a star player in the NBA and who fits your definition before I can either agree or disagree.

I rank superstars as LeBron, Wade, Bryant, Duncan, Durrant and used to put Howard & Rose there but we will need to see how they both recover from injury.

What is the high & low for your definition of a star player?

A superstar is a player like the ones you mention who can put a team on their backs and use their will to win a big game. A star, in my mind, is a player who is a "go to" player who can make that last shot or make a great defensive stop on a superstar....... Paul Pierce and players of that ilk are what I have in mind. I don't think PG is there yet (but getting closer all of the time). Granger never made it to that status..... But this is only my opinion...... ...

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    The Bulls have the most talented player between the two, but I don't think they are the more talented team.
    How exactly aren't the Bulls more talented? The only player on the Pacers clearly more talented than anything the Bulls have is George, and even he generally struggles to defend against players who move well without the ball, like Hamilton.

I agree that the Pacers do have a chance against anybody in the league in a playoff series, chance against some much better than others, but they aren't even close to the best. Plus the disparity alone of players like Durant or LeBron and anybody on our roster trumps any slight advantage we might have with our 5th or 6th best player, especially in the playoffs. As we saw last year, when Wade and James decided to take over against the Pacers, we had no chance.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

How exactly aren't the Bulls more talented? The only player on the Pacers clearly more talented than anything the Bulls have is George, and even he generally struggles to defend against players who move well without the ball, like Hamilton.

I agree that the Pacers do have a chance against anybody in the league in a playoff series, chance against some much better than others, but they aren't even close to the best. Plus the disparity alone of players like Durant or LeBron and anybody on our roster trumps any slight advantage we might have with our 5th or 6th best player, especially in the playoffs. As we saw last year, when Wade and James decided to take over against the Pacers, we had no chance.
    I'd say West and Granger are also more talented than anyone on the Bulls not named Rose. Boozer and Deng are a good pair to go against it though.

George hasn't had nearly as many problems in chasing players around this season either. He has made great strides in that department. And last year Paul George wasn't what he is today. West wasn't 100% either. This years team is better. Thats why without Granger, we still have the same record half way through the season.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I'd say West and Granger are also more talented than anyone on the Bulls not named Rose. Boozer and Deng are a good pair to go against it though.

George hasn't had nearly as many problems in chasing players around this season either. He has made great strides in that department. And last year Paul George wasn't what he is today. West wasn't 100% either. This years team is better. Thats why without Granger, we still have the same record half way through the season.
    I'd say West and Granger are not as talented as anyone not named what you mentioned. Their center is better than either of those two players. I also think Boozer is way underrated..... ...

I'd say West and Granger are not as talented as anyone not named what you mentioned. Their center is better than either of those two players. I also think Boozer is way underrated..... ...
    Our team with OKC has the most potential
    Smothered Chicken!

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    Our team with OKC has the most potential
    Yeah, that is why we are running fourth or fifth in the east only about 4 games out of eighth...... OKC can't beat Miami either...... LBJ will just say, "Step aside, little boys, and let a man show you how to play the game..... Lights out..... ...

The Spurs are pretty deep and will be very tough to beat when healthy.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

Yeah, that is why we are running fourth or fifth in the east only about 4 games out of eighth...... OKC can't beat Miami either...... LBJ will just say, "Step aside, little boys, and let a man show you how to play the game..... Lights out..... ...
    and only 3 games out of first (we just beat that first place team again too). Oh and we don't have Danny Granger.

The title said best "team". Seems like OP is saying top to bottom depth/talent. It's certainly up there, but the best? I'd agree Chicago is probably equal or notch above justi nin our division. Personally would not put Granger over Deng. Not sure George is that far over Deng. I obviously think highly of him as a player though.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata