Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it safe to say, with Danny, we are the most talented "TEAM" in the NBA, now?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Is it safe to say, with Danny, we are the most talented "TEAM" in the NBA, now?

Heat are 0-5 vs. Pacers, knicks and bulls this year; and 11-11 on the road so I'm really trying to not take TOO Much out of this win. (Except we are better than them) But, do you guys think we are top to bottom the most talented team in the league right now?

Our starting 5 when they are on, are scary good. And with Danny's near iminent return.... We are seriously going to be an ELITE team!!!

I think our Top 6, Roy, Danny, DWest, Lance, PG, and Hill are significantly better than any other Top 6, that will be playing anytime soon.... Then you add Hans, Ian, DJ and OJ... Nobody else comes close?

Our youth and unpolished play still lacks maturity, but we are growing up quick!

What do you guys think?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Is it safe to say, with Danny, we are the most talented "TEAM" in the NBA, now?

As to the question in the subject line--no is my answer.

In regards to the team from South Beach: We match up really, really well with them and our guys think they can beat them. They are confident against them. If anyone in the East takes Miami down in the playoffs this year, it's going to be us.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Is it safe to say, with Danny, we are the most talented "TEAM" in the NBA, now?

Uh, right now? How about EVER!

Lolz.

Ok seriously though, if you are comparing our potential top 6 perhaps. There are several whose top 3 are better than our top 3, but few to none whose 4-6 positions who are better. OKC, Chicago, and LAC would be in the conversation though.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diamond Dave For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

In regards to the team from South Beach: We match up really, really well with them and our guys think they can beat them. They are confident against them. If anyone in the East takes Miami down in the playoffs this year, it's going to be us.
    Thanks for your response. Who do yo believe is MORE completely talented?

Okc still has more talent.

our talent is simply to young right now. Until pg and lance can learn to shoot on rims that are not inside blf we cannot consider ourselves tier 1.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:

I second the OKC mention. Look, I'm thrilled about the Pacers. I was totally wrong about how they would play w/o Granger. They've evolved into a truly talented unit, not just a Cinderella story like last year. They're the hunted.

But OKC would beat them down pretty handily, on paper. I think the Pacers are a very good team, but not the best.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

SA owns us. So does ATL for who knows what reason. most talent. LA Lakers.

Best team. Indiana is in the conversation no doubt. thats why they play the games. To answer your question concisely no. we are not the most talented team. prob top 7 with a healthy Granger.. maybe top 5

astonishing really when you think about it in todays NBA.

Legend won executive of the year for a reason fellas.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Talented? Probably not. DANGEROUS? Yes.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Banned

OKC,Clippers,Miami,NY,Brooklyn and yes even LA has more talent, Pacers are top ten for sure though.

Sure we have a better all around team than Miami. They are flawed to begin with. They are just relying on the greatness of their core 3 to will them to another championship.

I think the Bulls are a better all around team than the Pacers. They are very disciplined at every position. Play just as stingy defensively and actually make a point of moving the ball on offense. I think the Pacers main flaw is they make offense harder than it needs to be. Its like we enjoy getting our points the hard way!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

I do think we have one of the most balanced attacks when granger comes back. Any of,our players can score 15 on any given night and our wings can go off for 30 with a PF that spaces the floor and plays a power post game. Our defense is not smoke and mirrors, we are a top 3 team which is amazing to think that we are up there with Chicago and Memphis who are the power houses. As a board I don't think we realize how fast this team really turned around. We went from a 3 point gunning team to,a top defense in 2 years. All with young players. Quite remarkable actually.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    I do think we have one of the most balanced attacks when granger comes back. Any of,our players can score 15 on any given night and our wings can go off for 30 with a PF that spaces the floor and plays a power post game. Our defense is not smoke and mirrors, we are a top 3 team which is amazing to think that we are up there with Chicago and Memphis who are the power houses. As a board I don't think we realize how fast this team really turned around. We went from a 3 point gunning team to,a top defense in 2 years. All with young players. Quite remarkable actually.
    I will say it again. Legend won Executive of the Year for a reason. I agree. Remarkable.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    Strictly talent? Oklahoma City, Miami, both LA teams, Boston if they were healthy. That's not to say I think those teams are better than we are, or that we wouldn't beat them in a playoff series. I just think they are probably more talented than we are. Where we bridge the gap is our team chemistry, coaching, defense, and selflessness. In other words--we play as a team.

Okc. They arguably have 2 players that are the best in the nba at what they do. Thier role players are all very good at what they do and what they bring to compliment the stars game.

While we definitely aren't the most talented team in the NBA, its pretty surreal for this to even be a conversation right now. It just feels like all the waiting during the JOB/Murphy years has finally paid off with a bunch of likable and talented group of guys.

I'm far from a homer, but I am really proud to support this team.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Heat are 0-5 vs. Pacers, knicks and bulls this year; and 11-11 on the road so I'm really trying to not take TOO Much out of this win. (Except we are better than them) But, do you guys think we are top to bottom the most talented team in the league right now?

Our starting 5 when they are on, are scary good. And with Danny's near iminent return.... We are seriously going to be an ELITE team!!!

I think our Top 6, Roy, Danny, DWest, Lance, PG, and Hill are significantly better than any other Top 6, that will be playing anytime soon.... Then you add Hans, Ian, DJ and OJ... Nobody else comes close?

Our youth and unpolished play still lacks maturity, but we are growing up quick!

What do you guys think?
    Oh, please. It is nice to feel good about your team but if you think we can compete with Miami and their big three, OKC and their big one or even San Antonio, you are delusional...... ...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Oh, please. It is nice to feel good about your team but if you think we can compete with Miami and their big three, OKC and their big one or even San Antonio, you are delusional...... ...
    yes, thinking the team who has beaten the heat by 10+ twice this can compete with them is delusional.

28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    You are the one being proven wrong by "our" team this season, so I am taking your trollish words with a TON of salt .
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    yes, thinking the team who has beaten the heat by 10+ twice this can compete with them is delusional.
    Especially considering one of it's teams starplayers hasn't played a game yet... just delusional to think they could Miami a very good run for it's money, delusional I say...
    Last edited by Mourning; 02-02-2013 at 04:38 AM.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

We have more talent top to bottom than OKC. They downgraded their talent level by foolishly trading James Harden. Durant and Westbrick are better than any of our guys. But I'll take our entire starting 5 plus Granger over anybody else on their team.
    David "And One" West

At full strength, possibly the Clippers.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

It's not even an issue of "talent" for me, which isn't what I think astrisk meant when he said "team." But anyway, Danny's not back, we have no idea what he'll be when he is back, no idea how the dominoes will fall when he's back. It's just educated hopeful guess, we have no idea.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We play like the 06 Colts- not the most talented PLAYERS, but the most dangerous TEAM.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Steagles; 02-02-2013 at 11:58 AM.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post

I agree. The Pacers and (prior to Rondo's injury) Celtics match up very well against the Heat. As much as we love to talk about how the Pacers nknocked the Heat on their heels in the playoffs last year, if it wasn't for Chris Bosh's return during the playoffs last year, I think Boston wins that series in 6 games.

The Heat are weak on the boards and their bench is still a problem - especially without Mike Miller. They are struggling against the Pacers and Bulls now. They going to really struggle against them when Granger and DRose return.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Most talented team? No.

Best combination of talent and pieces that fit? Definitely right up there.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post: