Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 2/1/13

Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 2/1/13

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i dont know if it has been touched on but what a very solid game by hansbrough. really good role player off the bench. I would really not like to see us lose him. i dont know what he expects to be paid but the cat is a winner. and gives it all. he played solid tonight.
    The Heat guarded him with small forwards. That basically turns him back into College Hansbrough. Most nights, he can't just force his will in the post like that. I'd still look for something else in the offseason at backup 4, if possible. Taller, longer, more athletic (someone who can finish better). Basically another Lou-for-Ian type of upgrade.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

picture caption time
    Lance.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    The Heat guarded him with small forwards. That basically turns him back into College Hansbrough. Most nights, he can't just force his will in the post like that. I'd still look for something else in the offseason at backup 4, if possible. Taller, longer, more athletic (someone who can finish better). Basically another Lou-for-Ian type of upgrade.
    Birdman Chris Anderson gaurded him i know some in this game and he is a PF. I do not like the Birdman on the Heat. I dont disagree with you, I would like an upgrade in some respects as well but at the right price I would be happy to have Tyler return. You know what your going to get with Hansbrough. He is sort of a barmometer player in that no matter if were up/down 20 or even he is going to play as hard as any player on the court.

the Heat fans per the links given were hating on Hansbrough with a certain level of respect. He is a guy like Noah other teams do not want to face. Its same reason Bulls wanted Hansbrough and we selected him right before. Imagine a Hansbrough/Noah frontline.

No doubt Noah is the better player, but as a role player off the bench Hansbrough servers a very good role. Hansbrough beats players up and in a 7 game playoff series it will have an effect on teams.

is there a better PF combo in the Eastern Conference than Mr. BAMF West and Hansbrough? I would not want to be the opposing teams PF to face those two 48 minutes a game.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Best game they have played all year. Think it was the swagger of the jerseys. Keep the retros!!!
    Smothered Chicken!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Retros will be used against the Bulls too.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coupe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought West was just a man's man tonight. Tangled it up with the Heat, and was just on fire from everywhere. He's the one guy on that court that even LeBron and Wade are afraid to punk.

It's no secret that we just really match up well against the Heat. If you add Mahinmi and Lance to last year's group, we now match up even better with George's progression. I thought a bunch of people played very well. Hibbert still hasn't found his scoring stroke, but the scary part is that we haven't needed it him to yet so far. Even scarier is this was without Danny Granger.
    Last edited by PR07; 02-02-2013 at 01:14 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    He is a guy like Noah other teams do not want to face. Its same reason Bulls wanted Hansbrough and we selected him right before. Imagine a Hansbrough/Noah frontline.

No doubt Noah is the better player, but as a role player off the bench Hansbrough servers a very good role. Hansbrough beats players up and in a 7 game playoff series it will have an effect on teams.

is there a better PF combo in the Eastern Conference than Mr. BAMF West and Hansbrough? I would not want to be the opposing teams PF to face those two 48 minutes a game.
    Hans gets lot of hate around here, and I've never been able to figure out why. Is he a starting PF? no. But he's one of the best back-up PFs in the league. I always like to compare him to Taj Gibson, whom people always seem to love. Hans has a better PER, better true shooting percentage, and a better rebounding rate (and better consistent effort). I'd rather have Hans than Taj, and the stats back me up. Other would disagree, probably the Vinz dude who hates everything Pacers, but Hans is not a weak point on this team.

Now finding options at point guard, that's important.

As for the game last night, hells yeah. I love beating the Heat as it seems like a victory against the NBA system (and refs) and because I just HATE Wade. I always hoped last year we'd stick in Fez just to destroy Wade.
    Danger Zone

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Can you repost the tweet, and tell me anything else about this Lance in their head stuff? I didn't catch any of it.
    Michael Grady ‏@mg_indy

LeBron and Wade go to the tunnel complaining to the refs about Lance Stephenson's trash talk.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Michael Grady ‏@mg_indy

LeBron and Wade go to the tunnel complaining to the refs about Lance Stephenson's trash talk.
    Did anyone hear what kinds of things Lance was saying? When did he say them--on offense, defense, during dead balls?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    Hans gets lot of hate around here, and I've never been able to figure out why. Is he a starting PF? no. But he's one of the best back-up PFs in the league. I always like to compare him to Taj Gibson, whom people always seem to love. Hans has a better PER, better true shooting percentage, and a better rebounding rate (and better consistent effort). I'd rather have Hans than Taj, and the stats back me up. Other would disagree, probably the Vinz dude who hates everything Pacers, but Hans is not a weak point on this team.

Now finding options at point guard, that's important.

As for the game last night, hells yeah. I love beating the Heat as it seems like a victory against the NBA system (and refs) and because I just HATE Wade. I always hoped last year we'd stick in Fez just to destroy Wade.
    Yeah I hate Tyler Hansbrough, this guy ..............

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    Best game they have played all year. Think it was the swagger of the jerseys. Keep the retros!!!
    i always liked the pinstripe unis.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

No one can tell me the Heat didn't care about this game as much as we did or that they didn't go for it like we did, 42 minutes from Lebron and 41 from Wade? That is 4 more minute than normal for Lebron and 7 minutes more than normal from Wade. Those are the playoff minutes. Heat wanted this game, they played for this game, they fought us much harder on the boards, and they still couldn't do it. They can act like it doesn't matter, and they can tell the media that all they want, but they played their playoff rotation and they still got their asses beat, and trust me in that locker room, they know it.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    If the Pacers had homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs, they'd probably win the title. Unfortunately, they have to play games on the road. But they might win 35-36 games at home this season.
    I think that number is ridiculously high, but if we win 35-36 games and can claw close to .500 on the road, then we would be about 55-27 or so probably, that might be good enough for the one or the 2, it would also mean that we went HAM on the NBA down the stretch.

Is it crazy to suggest that we let Danny guard Wade when he comes back so Paul can stick to guarding LeBron? No one is suggesting Danny is a better defender than Paul at this point, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    The Pacers team that went to the Finals only lost five home regular season games. I think we can get close to that record.
    I don't think we can do that this year, but next year's team assuming we re-sign David? Absolutely.

Is it crazy to suggest that we let Danny guard Wade when he comes back so Paul can stick to guarding LeBron? No one is suggesting Danny is a better defender than Paul at this point, are they?
    I think you go small at times maybe too. Lance on Wade, Paul on Lebron, Danny on Bosh.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    We've appear to have taken step one toward making a legitimate claim to being deep playoff contenders (ECF/NBAF), which is to dominate your home floor.

However, I think the true legitimacy comes by complementing that with decent road success, and we haven't quite taken that step yet. We are not necessarily that far off, so it could happen. Maybe it doesn't even really coalesce until the playoffs.

But, if and whenever it happens, that's the only thing the will have me truly confident we are legit contenders.
    Remember this team was the best road team in the East last year, can you get that mojo back with Danny's return? If so can you go 11-4 on the road to close out to get just over .500?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Michael Grady ‏@mg_indy

Lance has rapidly become one of my favorite Pacers. I love this cat's fire.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

No, but I think Lebron would have a harder time posting Danny up than he does posting PG up.

I think Danny will be a huge help on the road. The offensive help will be huge.

I thought Lance was terrible on offense for a lot of the game (Overdribbled, stupid passes, dumb shots - speaking of which, I hope he doesn't get in the habit of fadeaways), but his defense on Wade was fantastic. Enough so that we're definitely able to go small at times and have Danny on Bosh, PG on Lebron, and Lance on Wade. (Although, I feel like that gives up our advantage of being bigger...plus, this is the only team that I actively want to play Tyler against, but it's still an option.) And he's absolutely not afraid of playing against the Heat.

The thing is, LeBron is still too strong for Danny, which means the 'advantage' of DG over PG in that case is relatively negligible now. So then you have to consider what else each of them does as defenders. Danny's a better shot blocker. But Paul seems to have superior instincts, quicker hands, and he is quicker/faster (which is just as important as being relatively 'strong enough' to guard LeBron; the ability to stay in front of him in the first place). Danny was a tad bit longer than PG, but since Paul added 1-2" of height, I think his arm wingspan might have stretched a bit with it. In any case, they're pretty similar in the length / size department now.

In general, when Danny's having a good defensive night, he strikes me as a very good defender. Paul strikes me as an elite defender.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://espn.go.com/espn/elias?date=20130202
    West dominates the score sheet

From Elias: David West scored 30 points on 12-for-15 shooting, while also grabbing seven rebounds and handing out five assists in the Pacers' 102-89 home win over the Heat. West is only the second Indiana player to post a 30-5-5 (points-rebounds-assists) line while shooting at least 80% from the field in an NBA game. Stephen Jackson (30-6-5, 80%) did that against the Warriors on Feb. 10, 2006.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

rel

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Lance has rapidly become one of my favorite Pacers. I love this cat's fire.
    I want a Lance retro jersey to be available next year. Or a newly designed jersey. Either way, I'm getting a Lance jersey next.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

I hope they are offering a George Retro next year after he changes his number.

In regards to who guards Lebron, Granger or George. I say both. I would rather we get a strong 22 out of both of them. Rather than ask either to try and keep up with Lebron for 44.

Lance can do the job against Wade.

In the playoffs, 2 of those 3 need to be in at all times.

Hopefully the Heat continue to play Psycho T like that. If so we can probably go 9 deep on our bench without too much worry.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

"We're not worried about that," LeBron James said with a shrug. "We don't put too much into losing a game or winning a game, we want to get better from those games. We don't need victories versus top teams to prove what we're capable of doing. We don't need them. We'd love to have them, but we don't need them."

"I would love to win every game against all the top teams," Wade said. "Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. All you need to do during the regular season is work your game."

So, Wade and Lebron don't care about losing to the Pacers, yet they both played over 40 minute. Riiiiiiiight.

Lance will have to see spot minutes at 1 once Danny is back. Probably 5 or so a game, which I think we can get away with, especially on defense.