Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 2/1/13

Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 2/1/13

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Smooth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "We're not worried about that," LeBron James said with a shrug. "We don't put too much into losing a game or winning a game, we want to get better from those games. We don't need victories versus top teams to prove what we're capable of doing. We don't need them. We'd love to have them, but we don't need them."

"I would love to win every game against all the top teams," Wade said. "Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. All you need to do during the regular season is work your game."

So, Wade and Lebron don't care about losing to the Pacers, yet they both played over 40 minute. Riiiiiiiight.
    And were visibly agitated as the Pacers pulled away

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I think you go small at times maybe too. Lance on Wade, Paul on Lebron, Danny on Bosh.
    Danny has guarded Bosh very well in the past. I wouldn't do it for long stretches, but in a pinch it would be interesting as a change of pace.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Remember this team was the best road team in the East last year, can you get that mojo back with Danny's return?
    Wouldn't shock me. We rode Danny to get a lot of those road victories.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"We're not worried about that," LeBron James said with a shrug. "We don't put too much into losing a game or winning a game, we want to get better from those games. We don't need victories versus top teams to prove what we're capable of doing. We don't need them. We'd love to have them, but we don't need them."

"I would love to win every game against all the top teams," Wade said. "Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. All you need to do during the regular season is work your game."

So, Wade and Lebron don't care about losing to the Pacers, yet they both played over 40 minute. Riiiiiiiight.
    "Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't"

And sometimes you don't win any of them am I right Dwyane? (Heat are 0-5 against the Pacers, Knicks, and Bulls this season)

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Danny has guarded Bosh very well in the past. I wouldn't do it for long stretches, but in a pinch it would be interesting as a change of pace.
    It's a good way to get Lance minutes without asking him to play the 1. I think in crunch time vs. Miami your offense/defense sub is West for Hibbert.

Banned

I remember when people thought that Miami had a chance to win 70 games in a season, I don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I remember when people thought that Miami had a chance to win 70 games in a season, I don't see that happening.
    Not with the way Bosh has regressed when team's get physical with him.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post

i dont like that bird man dude

Scary looking. More ink on him now than the last time I saw him.

Mood

Just watched the NBA.com highlight reel for the game. I hadn't noticed the first time, but when PG hits that fade away jumper on Lebron, James clearly puts his open palm on PG's chest and gives him a little assistance toward the floor and out of bounds.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Didn't Michael Wilbon say the Heat would win 75 or 76?

That reminds me of someone......

I'm rather surprised both called us a "top team" to be honest.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    I'm rather surprised both called us a "top team" to be honest.
    That's what I noticed as well. They've always tried to downplay us as some wannabe team that doesn't deserve their respect.

We have MADE them change that tune.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

That quote was in response to a question about them being winless against the top 5 teams in the east or something, not specifically about us.

Sports Logo

Some interesting data taken from ESPN's research notes:

Paul George was the primary defender on 14 of LeBron James' 25 plays Friday, and James had success on those plays. He was 7-for-10 when guarded by George, with five of those seven field goals coming inside 10 feet.
    The Heat scored seven transition points Friday, their fourth fewest in a game this season. In Miami's first game against the Pacers on January 8, it scored a season-low one transition point.
    David West scored 18 of his game-high 30 points in the paint Friday, his most paint points in a game in the last two seasons. West was 6-for-6 inside 5 feet against the Heat, his most made field goals without a miss from that distance since March 12, 2010, when he was 7-for-7. Statistical support for this story from NBA.com
    The Pacers' 81.0 field goal percentage inside 5 feet Friday was the highest the Heat have allowed in a game this season, after allowing teams to shoot 57.1 percent from that distance entering Friday's game. Overall the Heat defense struggled, allowing the Pacers to shoot 55.7 percent from the field, the second highest percentage they've allowed this season.
    We shot 81% (!!!) inside 5 feet. I am actually in shock
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

cgg