Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 2/1/13

Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 2/1/13

I'd love to see postgame media feeds. Anybody know if the interviews are being broadcast anywhere?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers team that went to the Finals only lost five home regular season games. I think we can get close to that record.
    So do I. But they're a below average road team. The Pacers might win 36 road games and 16 to 17 road games.

They match up better with Miami than any other team in the East. But the question is can they get to the ECF to get there. That game at Miami on March 10th will be interesting. Very interesting.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure Job Barry is biased. Just ignorant. He knows the Heat team because he has to cover them all the time. Therefore, it is easy for him to comment on them.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Granger will make this team much better especially on the road.

We have Miami's number with the emerging Paul George.

Imagine if he played like this during the playoffs last season...

Granger's injury has been a blessing in disguise for us.

Btw, I hope West resigns with us for about 8-10 million a year would be nice!

I'm not one to boast or trash talk after a win but

suck itttttttt heatttttttt!!!!
    follow me @KeifDye - lets talk Pacers!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I think this team was built to go up against Miami. They've been the target the whole time.

In other news, at some point we've got to be in Miami's heads, right? Has this already happened?
    We're absolutely in their heads. According to Grady's twitter Wade and Lebron were talking to the refs about Lance's trash talk at the half.

My favorite thing about our match ups with the Heat is they absolutely can not stop TYLER. How many teams can you say that about?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Watching games on ESPN remind me how much I'm glad we don't get too many nationally televised games...

Man, I miss Chris Denari's voice lol #LeaguePassUserProblems

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:

We've appear to have taken step one toward making a legitimate claim to being deep playoff contenders (ECF/NBAF), which is to dominate your home floor.

However, I think the true legitimacy comes by complementing that with decent road success, and we haven't quite taken that step yet. We are not necessarily that far off, so it could happen. Maybe it doesn't even really coalesce until the playoffs.

But, if and whenever it happens, that's the only thing the will have me truly confident we are legit contenders.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Best game of the year, IMHO.

Had an answer for everything. They just grinded the entire time, slowly building up the lead. Maimi's weakness is that they are SOFT. Every player not named LeBron is soft as charmin. They can't handle smashmouth. They can easily be outworked.

Last year was a pretty fun year, this year is shaping up to be really special. I'm not saying a title, I'm not saying an ECF. But whatever happens, this team is gonna fight til death. I'm not sure any other team can really match that, besides the Bulls. Gonna be fun to watch it play out.

This is why the NBA is so great. The long story lines.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Lance continues to show why he is a special talent. With his recent success I just hope he can embrace the 6th man role and truely be great at it.

David West knew what he had to do tonight. No one on miami can deal with his strength and nobody has the length to change his shot. I hope this is a message to the HEAT that the pacers are coming to knock you off.

I bet Lebron knows who Lance is now!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:

As to this game itself, I say that there is nothing more satisfying than beating those prima donna, LeWade led pricks. Just sensational. Well played all the way around. Even better than the last Heat whipping if that's possible.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

20. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

billbradley

I'm with Since. I was in section 2 row 32 with maybe six Pacer fans in the entire section and it was great to have Miami fans quiet the entire time. One of my favorite games of the past few years and I haven't missed one. We controlled the game. Fantastic.

Are we 3-0 on National Television?

Beat the Knicks on TNT, won at Memphis on MLK day, and of course beating Miami tonight on ESPN.

Oh we lost to the Nets on NBATV idk if that counts.

Either way great team win. Contributions from a variety of players was awesome. I hate to bring up a complaint after an awesome game like this, but Hill and Stephenson dribble the ball waaaaay too much. Get the ball to the front court!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wish we could prepare and execute every game like we were playing the heat...guys we have a real chance at something special this year and beyond (if we can keep the team intact) I know it's only one regular season game but damn don't it feel great!

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I know we won handily and all, but i think espn should show another ten replays of the Wade to Lebron alleyoop. Oh, and did we win?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I'd love to see postgame media feeds. Anybody know if the interviews are being broadcast anywhere?
    Found it, too late.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/presser-pacers-heat-130201
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I know we won handily and all, but i think espn should show another ten replays of the Wade to Lebron alleyoop. Oh, and did we win?
    ErikSPoelstraNetwork

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

What an impressive!

Thoroughly enjoyed the Pacers dismantling the Heat.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    Are we 3-0 on National Television?

Beat the Knicks on TNT, won at Memphis on MLK day, and of course beating Miami tonight on ESPN.

Oh we lost to the Nets on NBATV idk if that counts.

Either way great team win. Contributions from a variety of players was awesome. I hate to bring up a complaint after an awesome game like this, but Hill and Stephenson dribble the ball waaaaay too much. Get the ball to the front court!
    we lost to the jazz on nba tv too ...3-0 on espn 0-2 on nbatv
    Bring Danny off the bench

31. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Best game of the year, IMHO.

Had an answer for everything. They just grinded the entire time, slowly building up the lead. Maimi's weakness is that they are SOFT. Every player not named LeBron is soft as charmin. They can't handle smashmouth. They can easily be outworked.
    Spot on.

I kept waiting and waiting. This is the NBA, right? You get up by 17 in the 3rd and early 4th and you have learned by now to expect "the run". The thing is, Miami's run lasted all of what, 6 points? You are exactly right. Everything they threw at us, we had an answer for. Either Miami is not as mentally strong as I thought, or we have grown so much ourselves in that area since last year. What am I talking about, duh? The answer is obviously the latter.

We will continue to slip up here and there throughout this season. But, one can't help to be stoked about how far we've come. All I have to say once again is "Thank you, Larry... and Frank".

33. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Scott Agness ‏@ScottAgness
    Injury update: George Hill is day-to-day with a left shoulder contusion.

Knowing Hill I expect him not to play, shoulder injuries are a b**** too, I hope he feels well soon.

Orlando Johnson is looking like a really good pick for the 2nd round

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mr.ThunderMakeR For This Useful Post:

Can't wait to hear some reports from the game.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Banned

7 and 6 for Hibbert tonight by the way while shooting a nice 37.5%