Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 70

Thread: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

  1. #1
    The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Carmel, IN/Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    475

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Just curious about what you guys think. Celts will probably be looking for salary relief above all us.


    Carmel HS Class of 2011

  2. #2
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,745

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Rondo
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,525

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Looking at their roster, I realized that Ainge is not very good at negotiating contracts. Courtney Lee and Jason Terry EACH earn $5+ mil per year over the next 3 years. At this point, the Celtics have no choice but to just make those last 2 Playoff spots.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  5. #4
    RLeWorm
    Guest

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Rondo and only Rondo

  6. #5
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    You know I looked the other day at this and other than Sullinger, Mellow or Bradley I didn't really see anything worth getting and we can't get any of these guys because of their relative low cost and higher value.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking at their roster, I realized that Ainge is not very good at negotiating contracts. Courtney Lee and Jason Terry EACH earn $5+ mil per year over the next 3 years. At this point, the Celtics have no choice but to just make those last 2 Playoff spots.
    The best one was giving Jeff Green that terrible deal. Jeff Green has always had a negative influence on a team advanced stat wise and doesn't pass the eye test either. Who was he bidding with? I mean a guy coming off heart surgery and never been very good and pay him damn near Nic Batum type money?? That was just a terrible deal and everyone knew that then except the Cs.

    I still LOL when people on the board who say he is better andd more talented than Granger just flat out lol

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Sullinger as Tyler's replacement definitely. I'd take Bass for the same role, but too expensive. Avery Bradley, sure, but not at the expense of a major piece on our end. Basically the Pacers don't have any young talent that we willing to part with.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  11. #8
    Member PaulGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    298

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    none, **** Boston. I hope they spend years in the sink like we did.
    I'm a Beast

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaulGeorge For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,229

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Not that it will happen, but...

    Pierce for Granger.

  14. #10
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,937

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know I looked the other day at this and other than Sullinger, Mellow or Bradley I didn't really see anything worth getting and we can't get any of these guys because of their relative low cost and higher value.
    Exactly. Sullinger and Bradley are the only pieces that we should look to acquire, imo (and maybe Melo).

    No other player makes sense for our team.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  15. #11
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    I'd part with Tyler and a second for Sullinger. Thats it.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  17. #12
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,550

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    I would trade anybody on this roster besides PG24 for Bradley. Just think how dynamic our defense would be with two of the 5 or so best perimeter defenders. That would be just unbelievable.

  18. #13
    Member ejwallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    837
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Plumlee and Pendergraph for Fab Melo....get us back an open roster spot....

  19. #14
    Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    515
    Mood

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Reality is that Ainge f'd up this off season trying to milk one more run from this group.

    The contracts he handed to Green, Terry, Lee and Bass will eat up about $27 million a year for the next 3 or 4 years
    and they are all basically role players/bench players...that's almost half his cap space going forward.

    Pierce is 35 and Garnett is 36 and are reaching the end and should be supporting players at this point.

    The bottom line is Ainge needs to make chicken salad out of chicken s*** and he has to fleece another team in a trade
    in order to change it up or the Celtics are screwed going forward. If he can't get out of these bad contracts or get another fire
    sale on a "Kevin Garnett or Ray Allen" he will soon hold the title of ex GM.

    Translated...no way any good deals are going to be made with the Celtics!!!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry Staverman For This Useful Post:


  21. #15
    Member HickeyS2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis/Sacramento
    Posts
    844

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Not sure the numbers work, but how about Tyler + Hill or Tyler + Lance for Bradley + Bass? Upgrade the packup PF and now have a guy that can guard the speedy 1s that always kill us. Please don't kill me for this, it's just some brainstorming. I might think this sounds horrible in 15 minutes.

  22. #16
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    484
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    I would take Courtney Lee and his 5 Mil per over the next 3 years over Gerald Green and his 3.5 Mil over the next 3 years.

    The C's are shopping for a vet PG with more true PG skills...

    Pacers trade: DJ Augustine + Gerald Green

    Celtics Trade: Courtney Lee + Jason Collins

    C's get vet PG with expiring deal and Bench SF, which will lead to a 1.5 Mil/per savings over the next 3.

    We get a vet scoring combo guard who can give us minutes at the back up PG and SG, in the mold of a Hill and Stephenson. And more importantly, we get off a 3.5 Mil dollar "garbage time" mistake over the next 3. And receive a Vet "garbage time" Center that is expiring.

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *astrisk* For This Useful Post:


  24. #17
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,550

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would take Courtney Lee and his 5 Mil per over the next 3 years over Gerald Green and his 3.5 Mil over the next 3 years.

    The C's are shopping for a vet PG with more true PG skills...

    Pacers trade: DJ Augustine + Gerald Green

    Celtics Trade: Courtney Lee + Jason Collins

    C's get vet PG with expiring deal and Bench SF, which will lead to a 1.5 Mil/per savings over the next 3.

    We get a vet scoring combo guard who can give us minutes at the back up PG and SG, in the mold of a Hill and Stephenson. And more importantly, we get off a 3.5 Mil dollar "garbage time" mistake over the next 3. And receive a Vet "garbage time" Center that is expiring.

    I would be all over that.

  25. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    I would like to get Terry or Bass, I don't want part of KG, Pierce or Lee.

  26. #19
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    484
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would like to get Terry or Bass, I don't want part of KG, Pierce or Lee.
    No way that Bass, KG or Pierce is even an option for us, because we are priced out of them. But Terry and Lee are both possibilities as they are making 5 mil each over the next 3 and they bring essentially the same thing to the table (scoring combo guards)...

    I give Lee the advantage because of age (27) vs. (35)... And think he will give us more value over the life of the contract. Although, I like Terry's clutch ability now, I give the edge to Lee...

  27. #20
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still LOL when people on the board who say he is better andd more talented than Granger just flat out lol
    I love bumping old "Trade Danny Granger" threads. Here's a great one about trading Danny for Jeff Green.

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...ry-good-pieces

    EDIT: Oh, here's a good one. This is the thread that starts with the classic line "Leaving the game with a concussion is for pansies because a concussion is just a headache."

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...l=1#post829861
    Last edited by Anthem; 01-31-2013 at 04:08 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  29. #21
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    I'd take Sullinger, he'd be a huge upgrade over Tyler long-term. He has the potential to be an elite rebounder.

    No way we can do any deal with Boston including Green. They've been there before

  30. #22
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would take Courtney Lee and his 5 Mil per over the next 3 years over Gerald Green and his 3.5 Mil over the next 3 years.

    The C's are shopping for a vet PG with more true PG skills...

    Pacers trade: DJ Augustine + Gerald Green

    Celtics Trade: Courtney Lee + Jason Collins

    C's get vet PG with expiring deal and Bench SF, which will lead to a 1.5 Mil/per savings over the next 3.

    We get a vet scoring combo guard who can give us minutes at the back up PG and SG, in the mold of a Hill and Stephenson. And more importantly, we get off a 3.5 Mil dollar "garbage time" mistake over the next 3. And receive a Vet "garbage time" Center that is expiring.
    As much as I'd hate to see Augustin go (I really like the guy), this is a really nice proposal for both teams. The only hesitancy I can see from Boston is that if they really want that vet PG, Augustin could turn out to be nothing more than a rental if he doesn't want to stay there.
    Grown Man Ball

  31. #23

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    The problem of trading for Sullinger is that he's a future core player for the Celtics, and he has a low salary. I'd like to have him, and I would offer any 2 of Plumlee, OJ, and a 1st for him. I doubt Ainge would be interested, but I'd still make the offer.

  32. #24
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Sullinger and Bradley aren't going anywhere.

  33. #25
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,227

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love bumping old "Trade Danny Granger" threads. Here's a great one about trading Danny for Jeff Green.

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...ry-good-pieces

    EDIT: Oh, here's a good one. This is the thread that starts with the classic line "Leaving the game with a concussion is for pansies because a concussion is just a headache."

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...l=1#post829861
    My God. Glad to see a certain poster was at it back then too.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Similar Threads

  1. Ainge thinks KG decides by July 1, Allen soon [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 11:30 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 09:00 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 06:20 PM
  4. Ainge: Boston Celtics' Big 3 can stay beyond contracts [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 07:40 PM
  5. Ainge gives Carroll the boot as interim coach in Boston
    By Slick Pinkham in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 05:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •