Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walsh is saying that there is a 50/50 chance that Larry comes back to the Pacers

Default Re: Walsh is saying that there is a 50/50 chance that Larry comes back to the Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Larry doesn't come back, I'd like to see Reggie in the FO with KP. I think Reggie would represent very well and it would be good for the NBA.
    You think Reggie would make a good GM?

Undefeated

Default Re: Walsh is saying that there is a 50/50 chance that Larry comes back to the Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Chris Sheridan ‏@sheridanhoops
    Donnie Walsh says it's sort of 50/50 that Larry Bird will return to the Pacers in some capacity. Live on air now: http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/02...io-feb-1-show/

Not a big Bird fan but I rather have him than Walsh, let's hope is true.
    I've come to the conclusion that you're not a fan of anything Pacers, and that you are actually just a troll.
    Danger Zone

Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    That's not at all how the interview sounded. It sounded like changes wouldn't be made because he's happy with the roster, not because Larry may or may not be coming back.

I'm just saying if Bird is coming back Walsh won't distrub what Bird pretty much has put together.

Also prior to this Walsh statement, I've also stated I don't believe Walsh will do anything prior to the TD, and will let the season play itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post

I wonder if Larry is playing a waiting game with Herb about the spending issue.
    If he is, I don't see Bird winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post

I've come to the conclusion that you're not a fan of anything Pacers, and that you are actually just a troll.

Yeah, that's probably what he is!(green)

Outspoken yes, troll NO.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Yeah, that's probably what he is!(green)

Outspoken yes, troll NO.
    Vnzla's not a troll. We disagree a lot, but he roots for the same team I do.

If you haven't listened to the actual interview, you should. Some fantastic stuff there.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Not a big Bird fan
    What can u possibly have against big Bird? He's big, he's yellow and a bird?

I figured it out! vnzla81 is Mitt Romney!
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    If it's 50/50 then I'm choosing to see the glass as half full not half empty. Bird will be back.
    I don't remember Walsh saying that. If he did I missed it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have not read this thread. I am a huge Bird supporter. I called him as GM of the Year when Obrien was let go. funny thing is i think Birds hand was forced to make it happen. even more comical. Vogel may become the best Pacers coach this Franchise has ever had.

This has the makings of a HOOSIERS SEQUEL.

* I believe Bird would have let Obrien go eventually. He would have stated the infamous "3 year" policy with head coaches. An exception would have been made for Carlisle. Anytime we beat Detroit like the punks they are it feels good
    Last edited by PacersPride; 02-02-2013 at 12:13 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Bird just needs to put a group together to buy the Pacers. Simon is getting up there and if he were going to sell to anyone it seems like Bird would be the best choice.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IndyJones For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    Vogel may become the best Pacers coach this Franchise has ever had.
    Nope, that again would be Larry.... Hell, let's not forget about Slick too....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ejwallace View Post
    Nope, that again would be Larry.... Hell, let's not forget about Slick too....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    I will give you Slick. If Vogel wins a Title then he would exceed Larry. If he wins multiple Titles he exceeds both.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    I will give you Slick. If Vogel wins a Title then he would exceed Larry. If he wins multiple Titles he exceeds both.
    If Vogel wins 1 title, I'll put him above Slick. This is the NBA, not a Dleague that is dominated by one team. Slick done nothing but lose in the NBA.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Outspoken yes.
    That's one way to put it
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Quote Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
    Bird just needs to put a group together to buy the Pacers. Simon is getting up there and if he were going to sell to anyone it seems like Bird would be the best choice.
    I really wonder if this in closer to the truth of what's going on right now. Larry seems to have always wanted a piece of a team and the Pacers make the most sense. Could be he's putting together an ownership team to make Herb an offer. Don't know how interest the next Simon generation is in keeping the Ps. Larry could probably put together the money and talent to buy Herb out when/if the Simons get ready to sell. Sorta like the Mem. sale, quiet, quick and unannounced.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Herb intimated to Larry at the year end meetings that he thought it was time to move on, needs 100% focus on the Simon Group the way malls are struggling in this economy.

Larry expressed his interest (he's had interest before in other ownership groups), said give me a year to try and get a group together, "Mr. Smuylan, Larry Bird on line 1." Let my boy Pritchard run the show, but bring in Donnie who we both trust in the utmost to not make any drastic changes in future payroll which makes a sale easier.

Let the new revenue sharing come a year closer to being in full effect, prove to the casual fans that the team is one to be reckoned with. Show investors increased support provided a quality product is put on the floor. Let the previous CIB deal expire and a new long[ish] term scenario come to fruition.

BOOM! Announce a transfer of ownership in early June and start building statues.

More far fetched than NASA faking the moon landing? Sure. But it's a dream scenario, and the pieces fit!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The audio quality on this is terrible. Did they do this whole show through the phones? Does he not have an ISDN Line?

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Much like flipping coins, whether it will rain or not, and will Punxatawney Phil see his shadow or not on a given February 2 and therefore there either will be 6 more weeks of winter or Spring will only come by roughly March 21.

He either will be back here or he won't.

Regardless, we appreciate his service during the dark days of a troubled franchise.