Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 71

Thread: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

  1. #26
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,354
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSYY9PXo554

    The Bender Christmas 2000 game.
    Aww, look at Jeff Foster in that video. He's just a pup.

  2. #27
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    Those poor, ugly pinstripes, sandwiched between two of the better uniforms they've had... the FloJo's and the current ones are nice, too.

    I'd rather they toss the home white and wear the gold ones at home (just as they wore gold at home in the mid-80's and that might have been the best thing about going to MSA during those 20-win seasons.)

    What I'd like to see is the mid-70's version, such as the one above (Paul George's reverse dunk) but with navy instead of royal blue.

    Please, for the love everything good and holy, no more royal blue and no more pinstripes. Those pinstripes were ugly in all of the color combinations. I probably liked the white ones the best, but that's not saying much. Not, let me rephrase that, I disliked the white ones the least.

    When you have a uniform that becomes iconic - such as the Celtics, Lakers, and Bulls have done... don't overhaul it. They should never have left the FloJo single stripe on the side. Do they need to change the neck (v-neck, wow, looks dated) and the cut around the sleeves? Yeah, but don't mess with the stripe, lettering, or numbers.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,572

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    When you have a uniform that becomes iconic - such as the Celtics, Lakers, and Bulls have done... don't overhaul it. They should never have left the FloJo single stripe on the side. Do they need to change the neck (v-neck, wow, looks dated) and the cut around the sleeves? Yeah, but don't mess with the stripe, lettering, or numbers.
    Yup, we should still be wearing a version of the Flo-Jo's. Those uniforms turned heads around the league. The only thing good about the pinstripes is the memories we had in the first three seasons of wearing them.

    The only thing bad about the Flo-Jo's is that the cheap Champion replicas didn't have the stripe. The stripe is what made the Flo-Jos.

    One thing I like about the new uniforms is that they at least say "PACERS" on the home whites. I hated how the pinstripe whites said "INDIANA".

  5. #29
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,354
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    I like the V neck on the Flo Jo's.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:


  7. #30
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,971

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    Are we maybe building up the Flo Jo's a little bit. I could see if we do ever bring them back some of the youngsters being disaapointed because they might be expecting the best uniforms ever in the history of any sports.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  9. #31
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,572

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we maybe building up the Flo Jo's a little bit. I could see if we do ever bring them back some of the youngsters being disaapointed because they might be expecting the best uniforms ever in the history of any sports.

    You mean this isn't the greatest uniform in the history of sports?


  10. #32
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,496

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we maybe building up the Flo Jo's a little bit. I could see if we do ever bring them back some of the youngsters being disaapointed because they might be expecting the best uniforms ever in the history of any sports.
    and that's what they would get
    Grown Man Ball

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  12. #33
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we maybe building up the Flo Jo's a little bit. I could see if we do ever bring them back some of the youngsters being disaapointed because they might be expecting the best uniforms ever in the history of any sports.
    But they were the best uniforms ever in the history of uniforms.

    Just go with me on this one...
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


  14. #34
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,576
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we maybe building up the Flo Jo's a little bit. I could see if we do ever bring them back some of the youngsters being disaapointed because they might be expecting the best uniforms ever in the history of any sports.
    Yeah, I showed them to my brother (16) and he didn't like them at all.

    He (and I for that matter) preferred the ABA throwbacks from last season.

  15. #35
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    19,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean this isn't the greatest uniform in the history of sports?

    Maybe I just don't like white, because I think these are much better.


  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  17. #36
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,572

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe I just don't like white, because I think these are much better.

    Sounds like you just don't like white in general. You also said you didn't like the white pinstripes.

    I agree with you that the blue one is awesome. I love both of them. I have a blue one and would give anything to have a white one, but I don't think white ones were ever sold on the market, though maybe I am mistaken. What I prefer about the white is that it says "Pacers" instead of "Indiana".
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 01-31-2013 at 04:26 PM.

  18. #37
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,496

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe I just don't like white, because I think these are much better.

    My biggest gripe with the white jersey is that if you just switched the blue and yellow panels they would look a ton better. The contrast from white to the dark blue is too drastic. It would be a lot easier on the eyes if you went white, yellow, blue (basically what they did with the road jerseys but in reverse).
    Grown Man Ball

  19. #38
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,354
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe I just don't like white, because I think these are much better.

    And that is also counterfeit.

  20. #39
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    19,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds like you just don't like white in general. You also said you didn't like the white pinstripes.
    Probably has to do with my skin color blending in.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  22. #40
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    I prefer the pinstripes to the Flo Jos. Always have. Prefer both to what we have now though.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. #41
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,097

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're not bad or anything, except the banana suits,
    The gold ones are the best by far out of the 3. At least more interesting than the white and the dark blue ones.

    Talking about dark blue, I've still got a Reggie Miller dark blue pinstripes jersey. Still remember when I went to the local store and found out there was one available. Was like a kid on Christmas Day.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  24. #42
    Member InYaFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Görmany
    Posts
    431

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe I just don't like white, because I think these are much better.

    I follow the Pacers since 2008 and never saw those jerseys in action, but I don't understand the hype made around them. As someone who has some knowledge of design and stuff, it irritates me that the 3D of the Number 3 is so dead wrong that my eyes fall out... was that on purpose, or am I the only one who feels like that?! I for myself really like the pinstripes and would love to see them as retros in action, but those royal blue retros from last year were just brilliant!

  25. #43
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    There may be some confusion. The best looking jersey is this one:

    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


  27. #44
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,572

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There may be some confusion. The best looking jersey is this one:


  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  29. #45
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,591

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    I always like the gold with blue pinstripes. The current gold jerseys do not carry the same swag. maybe it was because the Pacer team wearing them was elite and when the gold with blue were worn they were worn with SWAG because that team expected to beat you down. Especially during the Bird era. The team made sure they beat the celtics every chance they got or they probably would have to find a way home. I hope the current Pacers find the same swag Millers's team did.

  30. #46

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    Ugh I don't have a Pinstripes to wear. My reggie pinstripe got stolen. Hell I don't even have a current jersey to wear, I lost my Granger jersey during a move.

  31. #47
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure about anyone else but seeing the #24 on that pinstriped jersey brings back bad memories.
    You are bringing back bad memories:-(

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

  32. #48

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we maybe building up the Flo Jo's a little bit. I could see if we do ever bring them back some of the youngsters being disaapointed because they might be expecting the best uniforms ever in the history of any sports.
    I think I speak for many youngsters when I say that we do have access to the internet, and, despite reports, are actually capable of doing some research

  33. #49
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    I know I am a "youngster" comparatively, as I am 16. I always loved the pinstripes because that was the jersey I grew up watching. However, I LOVE the flojos and the tennis ball ABA jerseys. If we switched to any of those, I'd be ecstatic, because I really am not a fan of the current unis.


    EDIT: Just in case you guys want some context, my favorite jerseys in the NBA are the Celtics (I mean DANG they are sweet) and the Warriors with the medallion logo on the front, it just has a vintage touch.
    Last edited by Steagles; 01-31-2013 at 10:28 PM.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  34. #50
    Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    718

    Default Re: Pacers Breaking Out Pinstripes on Friday

    Didn't Jermaine help design the current jerseys, or am I making that up?
    (Another vote for pinstripes over flo jo)

Similar Threads

  1. Pinstripes
    By DEEman in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 05:40 PM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 01:41 PM
  3. Breaking my Pacers virginity
    By Coach in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-20-2005, 05:49 PM
  4. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 11:26 AM
  5. Brunner QOD} Why Did Pacers Dump Pinstripes?
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-04-2005, 08:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •