Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love bumping old "Trade Danny Granger" threads. Here's a great one about trading Danny for Jeff Green.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...ry-good-pieces

EDIT: Oh, here's a good one. This is the thread that starts with the classic line "Leaving the game with a concussion is for pansies because a concussion is just a headache."

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...l=1#post829861
    The quote in this post wins
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...l=1#post830120

"unrivaled work ethic"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

As mentioned before.....Ainge did a terrible job of signing and re-signing their FA. Terry, Bass, Courtney and Green are all signed to long term contracts and IMHO an overpaid price ( $5 to 8 mil each Player / each season / 3 seasons )....a bad combination in today's NBA with the new CBA.

The Celtics have NO choice but to ride it out and hope for a Playoff spot.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I love bumping old "Trade Danny Granger" threads. Here's a great one about trading Danny for Jeff Green.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...ry-good-pieces

EDIT: Oh, here's a good one. This is the thread that starts with the classic line "Leaving the game with a concussion is for pansies because a concussion is just a headache."

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...l=1#post829861
    It could easily be argued that Green was at least as good as Granger prior to his health/heart issues. People can argue Granger's ppg average, but Green had to play 2nd and 3rd fiddle to Durant and Westbrook. Give Granger the 13fga Green was taking per game at OKC and you're looking at essentially the same player.

Banned

Anthem loves to ridicule people all the time but when you call his bs out he doesn't own it.

Why bring those old threads back if is not to make fun of Croz24? and I get accused of been a troll....

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Anthem loves to ridicule people all the time but when you call his bs out he doesn't own it.

Why bring those old threads back if is not to make fun of Croz24? and I get accused of been a troll....
    Anthem has a man crush on me, and has for many years now.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Here's on option providing Danny get's back on the court. But, I'm not sure I would do it. I'd have to see Danny back playing and see how the team responds before making a decision I think. And this would help the Celts to continue a playoff push, which I don't like.

If picks or other scrubs are needed so be it.

Pacers get Rajon Rondo
    Celts get Tyreke Evans (RFA) and Francisco Garcia (team option)
    Kings get Danny Granger

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ahc65z7

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    It could easily be argued that Green was at least as good as Granger prior to his health/heart issues. People can argue Granger's ppg average, but Green had to play 2nd and 3rd fiddle to Durant and Westbrook. Give Granger the 13fga Green was taking per game at OKC and you're looking at essentially the same player.
    Green has never ever been anywhere near a good NBA player like Granger. Dude is really bad and hurts his team when he is out there. His contract is beyond bad.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Green has never ever been anywhere near a good NBA player like Granger. Dude is really bad and hurts his team when he is out there. His contract is beyond bad.
    When Green was playing for SEA/OKC, and thus prior to his health issues, your statement is far from accurate. The only difference even statistically between the two during those years is in Granger's ppg, due to the sheer volume of fg attempts as compared to Green.

Banned

Not that I agree with Croz but aren't you the same "scout" that keeps saying that X player sucks and X player is good but must of the time you are wrong? "Greivis Vasquez is like Troy Murphy" lol

Green is not as bad as you make him out to be, the guy previous to the hearth surgery was a pretty good player and one of the NBA up and coming players, yes he is not in the same area code Danny is but he is not garbage as you are making it sound either.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-31-2013 at 09:32 PM.

When Green was playing for SEA/OKC, and thus prior to his health issues, your statement is far from accurate. The only difference even statistically between the two during those years is in Granger's ppg, due to the sheer volume of fg attempts as compared to Green.
    And... their efficiency?

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    And... their efficiency?
    Not much disparity. Unless you consider a healthy Granger posting 42% shooting or worse each of the last 3 years efficient.

Not much disparity. Unless you consider a healthy Granger posting 42% shooting or worse each of the last 3 years efficient.
    You know that fg% doesn't take into account free throws and 3 pointers, right?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He didn't shoot any worse than what PG is basically shooting this season. Not saying it's terribly efficient, but to make it seem like it's just so terribly inefficient, as you've made it seem quite often, is wrong.

Mood

Not that I agree with Croz but aren't you the same "scout" that keeps saying that X player sucks and X player is good but must of the time you are wrong? "Greivis Vasquez is like Troy Murphy" lol

Green is not as bad as you make him out to be, the guy previous to the hearth surgery was a pretty good player and one of the NBA up and coming players, yes he is not in the same area code Danny is but he is not garbage as you are making it sound either.
    typically vnz taking peoples words out of context and using hyperhole.

We can agree to disagree with Green all I know is I don't want him on my team and that's my opinion he is Monta Ellis esq in terms of being super overrated. You think Granger is bad defensively vzn? Watch Jeff Green play off bad defense

and stats back up that he hurts his team when he was on the court BTW. It isn't like I just made it up. I observed it with my eyes and then checked the advanced stats to make sure I wasn't just seeing things.

Grevis was a different story I hadn't watched him this year until Eric came back (i didnt make the comment about inflated #s until a week before Eric came back)and though he was probably just putting up better #s because Jack was gone.

about not watching players I havent watched TOR almost at all this year. I think I am going to go back and watch some Ed Davis tape the way they were talking about him it seems like he made a bigger improvement than Grevis. The Raps GM today said "Ed played his way into a trade" meaning he improved so much that he had value unlike the past 2 years so I want to see what all the fuss is about.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Banned

typically vnz taking peoples words out of context and using hyperhole.

We can agree to disagree with Green all I know is I don't want him on my team and that's my opinion he is Monta Ellis esq in terms of being super overrated. You think Granger is bad defensively vzn? Watch Jeff Green play off bad defense

and stats back up that he hurts his team when he was on the court BTW. It isn't like I just made it up. I observed it with my eyes and then checked the advanced stats to make sure I wasn't just seeing things.

Grevis was a different story I hadn't watched him this year until Eric came back (i didnt make the comment about inflated #s until a week before Eric came back)and though he was probably just putting up better #s because Jack was gone.

about not watching players I havent watched TOR almost at all this year. I think I am going to go back and watch some Ed Davis tape the way they were talking about him it seems like he made a bigger improvement than Grevis. The Raps GM today said "Ed played his way into a trade" meaning he improved so much that he had value unlike the past 2 years so I want to see what all the fuss is about.
    Typical pacers4ever thinking he knows everything, yeah everybody is garbage until you say other wise lol

Anthem loves to ridicule people all the time
    What's that? I haven't ridiculed any person on this board for years. I've taken shots at ideas, absolutely. It's a message board. That's what you do. But if you can point me to a personal attack I've made since the Rediculous thread, then I'll apologize for it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla
    but when you call his bs out he doesn't own it.
    Do you really think that's true? I know I've been wrong. When you post as much as I have over the past decade, I'm sure there's plenty of places where I'm really wrong. Heck, just this week I posted (after bumping an old thread) how wrong I was about JJ Redick. The whole idea behind the Monthly Prediction thread is that we can make public predictions and then go back and see how accurate they are. Join us! You're a smart guy; maybe you'll be the most accurate this month!

I absolutely invite you to "call my BS." That's what a message board is FOR. The best thing about the internet is that it never forgets. So go back and grab threads where I've said ridiculously wrong things, and I'll admit I was wrong. For the most part, though, that's not what you do. You don't tend to bring back old threads so we can see the arguments in context. Instead, you just toss off dismissive one-liners like "Well you think Granger's a better player than Melo" and then get puzzled why I'm not "owning it."

You would be SO much more effective in making your case if you'd get into the habit of quoting or posting a link.

In all honesty, I'd forgotten until I went back and read the thread who it was that was advocating for Jeff Green. I'd have posted the thread no matter what. Heck, I bumped a thread by a guy named "WetBob" for general consumption. Do I have a man-crush on him too?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Come on dude. What exactly is Jeff Green good at?

Typical pacers4ever thinking he knows everything, yeah everybody is garbage until you say other wise lol
    Dude, what the hell?

I know you have a problem with Anthem but since when did you have a problem with P4E? C'mon man he's a good guy who knows his stuff. He's not a homer not even close so that shouldn't be an issue for you either.

Seriously man you really want to rethink the way your headed. I'm saying that as a friend on here, don't be baited into fighting with everybody it's not worth it. He didn't say anything here that should have you this riled up.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

I dont want a single player from Boston honestly. Maybe Sullinger to take Hansbrough's spot? Garnett and Pierce are too old and too expensive. Rondo is the one piece they will hold onto. Plus he will be out for a long time so trading for him now is a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    You know that fg% doesn't take into account free throws and 3 pointers, right?
    It doesn't take into account free throws, no. Yes, it does take into account 3pters. It's an overall measure of effectiveness and the likelihood of a player's shot going in. Accounting for free throws and 3s the way you want to does nothing but prioritize volume shooting from the outside. Granger has been a solid 3 point shooter, which has helped in some of the "efficiency" measures you want to look at. But within the confines of the game, the last guy you'd want being your primary scorer is a player who can either only hit from the outside or get to the foul line. Such a poor fg% shows a lack of overall variety in a players offensive repertoire, and that's the case with Granger...

As for Green, of course I wouldn't want him now that he's had his heart issues. when Green was in SEA/OKC he was a near identical player to Granger in terms of style of play. Here's Granger and Green's first three years numbers (which is around the time that post was made), keeping in mind Green was the #3 option while Granger was the #1 option by year 3:

Granger
    7.5ppg 4.9rpg 1.2apg 0.7spg 0.8bpg 46.2% 32.3% 77.7%
    13.9ppg 4.6rpg 1.4apg 0.8spg 0.7bpg 45.9% 38.2% 80.3%
    19.6ppg 4.9rpg 2.1apg 1.2spg 1.1bpg 44.6% 40.4% 87.8%

Green
    10.5ppg 4.7rpg 1.5apg 0.6spg 0.6bpg 42.7% 27.6% 74.4%
    16.5ppg 6.7rpg 2.0apg 1.0spg 0.4bpg 44.6% 38.9% 78.8%
    15.1ppg 6.0rpg 1.0apg 1.3spg 0.9bpg 45.3% 33.3% 74.0%
    Last edited by croz24; 02-01-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

KenBerger
    @KBergCBS
    With injuries mounting, teams have begun inquiring whether Boston is willing to trade Jason Terry to get under luxury tax, sources say.
    5:26pm - 1 Feb 13
    https://mobile.twitter.com/KBergCBS/...70992324907008

I would take Jason Terry over DJ any day. I say make it so.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to 5_7_Clash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 5_7_Clash View Post
    KenBerger
    @KBergCBS
    With injuries mounting, teams have begun inquiring whether Boston is willing to trade Jason Terry to get under luxury tax, sources say.
    5:26pm - 1 Feb 13
    https://mobile.twitter.com/KBergCBS/...70992324907008

I would take Jason Terry over DJ any day. I say make it so.
    I'd caution you on that as a Mavs fan. You don't want Terry playing backup point guard. He isn't very good at running offense sets beyond pick-and-rolls, and while he is a dynamic scorer when he's hot, he's also extremely streaky. For every good game you get out of him, you get at least two mediocre-to-average ones and one horrible one that makes you want to trade him immediately. That's a lot for a 35-year-old with two guaranteed years left after this season.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Avery Bradley or Rondo
    Smothered Chicken!

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

I could get behind Augustin/Pendergraph for Courtney Lee!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Here's on option providing Danny get's back on the court. But, I'm not sure I would do it. I'd have to see Danny back playing and see how the team responds before making a decision I think. And this would help the Celts to continue a playoff push, which I don't like.

If picks or other scrubs are needed so be it.

Pacers get Rajon Rondo
    Celts get Tyreke Evans (RFA) and Francisco Garcia (team option)
    Kings get Danny Granger

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ahc65z7

I'd be all over that!