Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 70 of 70

Thread: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Clippers making push to acquire Celtics' Kevin Garnett - Sporting News

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Deveney
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BOSTON — Multiple sources tell Sporting News the Los Angeles Clippers are making a push to acquire center Kevin Garnett from the Boston Celtics. Team officials have been talking ahead of Sunday's game in Boston.

    Interest in Garnett is seen as proof the Clippers believe they can be a championship contender in the NBA's Western Conference. Questions remain about whether the Celtics are ready to make a major step in rebuilding the franchise. Garnett has a no-trade clause in his contract, and would have to agree to waive it in order to make a deal happen.
    There's more at the link.

    Speculation is that Eric Bledsoe would be the centerpiece of any deal. If that's true, and if Bledsoe does end up in Boston, and certainly opens up the possibility that the Celtics would move Rondo in the not-too-distant future.

  2. #52
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    988

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Won't happen

  3. #53
    Gotta Play Big BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,384

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Rondo

  4. #54
    Member Merz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,088
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anthem has a man crush on me, and has for many years now.
    Dude, get over yourself, it is not a man crush. You just have a history of posting ridiculous things.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Merz For This Useful Post:


  6. #55
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,621

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    I love all the, "Rondo" comments. Is there anything less likely? The Celtics wouldn't trade him because they wouldn't get any sort of value for him, since, you know, he just tore up his knee and all. The Pacers wouldn't do it because, you know, they are a contending team in the East and they wouldn't idiotically trade away assets for a guy who won't play for 10 months. Come on, guys.

  7. #56
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love all the, "Rondo" comments. Is there anything less likely? The Celtics wouldn't trade him because they wouldn't get any sort of value for him, since, you know, he just tore up his knee and all. The Pacers wouldn't do it because, you know, they are a contending team in the East and they wouldn't idiotically trade away assets for a guy who won't play for 10 months. Come on, guys.
    Plus, Boston is gonna tank hard to try and start reloading in a couple of years, after Rondo has recovered. Why would they want a player like Danny? He's just gonna hurt their lotto chances. By the time they have a team again, he'll be past his prime.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  8. #57
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    988

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    4-0 since Rondo. They sure are tanking

  9. #58

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Quote Originally Posted by Merz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude, get over yourself, it is not a man crush. You just have a history of posting ridiculous things.
    Sarcasm, dude. A few of my opinions have been wrong, but more times than not, I have been spot on and have backed such opinions up with history and facts.

  10. #59
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,963

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    If the Clippers move Bledsoe for KG, they are really putting a gamble by going all in for the short-term. Bledsoe looks like a future stud at PG.

  11. #60
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,621

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Clippers move Bledsoe for KG, they are really putting a gamble by going all in for the short-term. Bledsoe looks like a future stud at PG.
    Yeah, but they have this Paul Chris guy who seems like he could be the answer.

  12. #61
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, but they have this Paul Chris guy who seems like he could be the answer.
    I'm sure Pro7 is referring to the possibility of CP3 not resigning with Clips, then they would lose both. But, I'm sure you knew that and you just forgot to green ur statement, right.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  13. #62
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,963

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure Pro7 is referring to the possibility of CP3 not resigning with Clips, then they would lose both. But, I'm sure you knew that and you just forgot to green ur statement, right.
    This, and Bledsoe has the ability to be a dynamic player in a backcourt for years to come. There's no guarantee that KG gets them a title.

  14. #63
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sarcasm, dude. A few of my opinions have been wrong, but more times than not, I have been spot on and have backed such opinions up with history and facts.
    Basically I believe you lost all credibility when you said you wouldn't trade Collison for Westbrook.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  16. #64
    Member Merz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,088
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sarcasm, dude. A few of my opinions have been wrong, but more times than not, I have been spot on and have backed such opinions up with history and facts.
    Please tell all of us what you have been spot on about.

    I still would not trade Granger for Lou Williams.
    Westbrook definitely would of been a good (actually great) pick at #11 (had he not shot up to #4 of course).
    Jason Thompson and Joe Alexander aren't close to the players you touted them to be.

    I could go on but I'd like for you to at least equal that amount with your spot on opinions. Please back them up with those facts you claim you have.

  17. #65
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,621

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure Pro7 is referring to the possibility of CP3 not resigning with Clips, then they would lose both. But, I'm sure you knew that and you just forgot to green ur statement, right.
    No, I did not forget the green in my statement, as I do not see Chris Paul leaving the Clippers as being very realistic.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  19. #66
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,621

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This, and Bledsoe has the ability to be a dynamic player in a backcourt for years to come. There's no guarantee that KG gets them a title.
    No, but he gets them closer than they are now, which is right in the thick of things. You bring in a guy who is a veteran, a leader, and makes everyone around him better, and I think you roll with that over having a potentially dynamic sixth man for years to come (even though I think it's more likely that they will have to deal Bledsoe sooner rather than later).

  20. #67

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Quote Originally Posted by Merz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please tell all of us what you have been spot on about.

    I still would not trade Granger for Lou Williams.
    Westbrook definitely would of been a good (actually great) pick at #11 (had he not shot up to #4 of course).
    Jason Thompson and Joe Alexander aren't close to the players you touted them to be.

    I could go on but I'd like for you to at least equal that amount with your spot on opinions. Please back them up with those facts you claim you have.
    First, almost none of my Granger trades were one for one so any Lou Williams deal had to have included other pieces. Lou Williams is a damn good player btw. Paul George, Rajon Rondo, James Harden, Roy Hibbert, OJ Mayo, Monta Ellis, Evan Turner, Hansbrough, Rush, JOB, O'neal, Rose, etc. were all players I was amongst the first to tout or criticize on here. For any poor prediction on my part you'd care to list, I can name just as many and moreso where I was accurate. I was spot on in my assertion that the only way George could ever become the leader on this team, was without Granger. I wanted JO traded for maximum value 5 years before he finally was as it was clear the man was simply not a leader for this franchise.

    I still wouldn't touch Westbrook. There's a reason OKC has been having some internal issues with the team this season. "Point" guards like Westbrook who are that ball dominant, inefficient, and care only about their own numbers and being "the guy" are not the kind of players who win you titles. In fact, I can't name one who has. Thank God for Durant or OKC would routinely find themselves in the lottery with a guy like Westbrook leading the team.

    The Pacers philosophy of at least sustaining mediocrity and rebuilding on the fly has been successful only once since 1980 in terms of winning a title. In basketball, you have to be bad before you can be good (title winning good). The Pacers, and most on here, just don't understand that mindset, which is odd given the likely fact that the Colts would be in Los Angeles right now if not for being bad enough to draft Peyton Manning #1 overall. And now the Colts will most likely be a contender for the next decade because they were bad enough to draft Luck #1. Same applies to basketball and the kind of player generally found in the top 5 or so of the draft. The %s are clear that the likelihood of finding a Hall of Fame caliber player in the draft is FAR greater in the top 5 picks than anywhere else. I believe it's about 20-30% or so odds a player drafted here becomes such a player. While a Hall of Fame player doesn't guarantee you a title, it is a guarantee that you won't win a title without a Hall of Fame player.

    And the fact that you can't see Granger's clear flaws as a player, his lack of ball handling, lack of off ball movement, questionable shot taking and decision making, poor effort on defense prior to stretches last year, declining shooting ability, etc. isn't my problem. The man should have been traded a few years ago when we could have acquired assets that could have put us in a better position to win a title. Look around the league at what happens when NBA players are given the green light to shoot 16+ fga/game. They score points. Granger's production was the result of volume shooting on a poor team and the green light to play outside of the confines of any team offense we ran. Go figure that he struggled mightily last year when actually having to play with a solid supporting cast, because he doesn't have the basketball understanding to know where to be without the basketball in his hands.

  21. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First, almost none of my Granger trades were one for one so any Lou Williams deal had to have included other pieces. Lou Williams is a damn good player btw. Paul George, Rajon Rondo, James Harden, Roy Hibbert, OJ Mayo, Monta Ellis, Evan Turner, Hansbrough, Rush, JOB, O'neal, Rose, etc. were all players I was amongst the first to tout or criticize on here. For any poor prediction on my part you'd care to list, I can name just as many and moreso where I was accurate. I was spot on in my assertion that the only way George could ever become the leader on this team, was without Granger. I wanted JO traded for maximum value 5 years before he finally was as it was clear the man was simply not a leader for this franchise.

    I still wouldn't touch Westbrook. There's a reason OKC has been having some internal issues with the team this season. "Point" guards like Westbrook who are that ball dominant, inefficient, and care only about their own numbers and being "the guy" are not the kind of players who win you titles. In fact, I can't name one who has. Thank God for Durant or OKC would routinely find themselves in the lottery with a guy like Westbrook leading the team.

    The Pacers philosophy of at least sustaining mediocrity and rebuilding on the fly has been successful only once since 1980 in terms of winning a title. In basketball, you have to be bad before you can be good (title winning good). The Pacers, and most on here, just don't understand that mindset, which is odd given the likely fact that the Colts would be in Los Angeles right now if not for being bad enough to draft Peyton Manning #1 overall. And now the Colts will most likely be a contender for the next decade because they were bad enough to draft Luck #1. Same applies to basketball and the kind of player generally found in the top 5 or so of the draft. The %s are clear that the likelihood of finding a Hall of Fame caliber player in the draft is FAR greater in the top 5 picks than anywhere else. I believe it's about 20-30% or so odds a player drafted here becomes such a player. While a Hall of Fame player doesn't guarantee you a title, it is a guarantee that you won't win a title without a Hall of Fame player.

    And the fact that you can't see Granger's clear flaws as a player, his lack of ball handling, lack of off ball movement, questionable shot taking and decision making, poor effort on defense prior to stretches last year, declining shooting ability, etc. isn't my problem. The man should have been traded a few years ago when we could have acquired assets that could have put us in a better position to win a title. Look around the league at what happens when NBA players are given the green light to shoot 16+ fga/game. They score points. Granger's production was the result of volume shooting on a poor team and the green light to play outside of the confines of any team offense we ran. Go figure that he struggled mightily last year when actually having to play with a solid supporting cast, because he doesn't have the basketball understanding to know where to be without the basketball in his hands.
    LOL at not touching Westbrook because he is a "me guy" dude is a leader and one of the hardest workers in the league. He took less to stay in OKC the guy is a team first guy who just happens to have a very unique skill set. He could be my pg any day and I wouldn't change a thing about him. Every player has flaws Russ is so good at what he does putting pressure on the other team. I LOL at people who say he shoots too much when you have his skill I want him shooting at every chance he has.

    I just have to lol if you really believe what you just typed.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  23. #69
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,955

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    I strongly believe that Granger's shooting ability hasn't declined, but the players that were helping him get higher percentage shots left the team, or had their knee's turn to stone.

    You should go check out Paul Pierce's stats when JOB was his coach. He had 3 years of declining efficiency, taking tons of unassisted threes. I don't know if there were other factors but Doc fixed it in his first year.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  25. #70
    Member Merz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,088
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Ainge decides to blow Boston up, who (if anyone) do we want?

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First, almost none of my Granger trades were one for one so any Lou Williams deal had to have included other pieces. Lou Williams is a damn good player btw. Paul George, Rajon Rondo, James Harden, Roy Hibbert, OJ Mayo, Monta Ellis, Evan Turner, Hansbrough, Rush, JOB, O'neal, Rose, etc. were all players I was amongst the first to tout or criticize on here. For any poor prediction on my part you'd care to list, I can name just as many and moreso where I was accurate. I was spot on in my assertion that the only way George could ever become the leader on this team, was without Granger. I wanted JO traded for maximum value 5 years before he finally was as it was clear the man was simply not a leader for this franchise.
    Ok...where was this huge mob of people thinking any differently about the majority of those players? Your main platform on this forum has been your anti-Granger platform and you anti-Westbrook platform during the '08 draft (at least those were the ones that stuck out, because the others didn't really go against the majority). If there was a time you were the lone advocate for George, Harden, and Rondo...I guess I missed it. And you wanting O'Neal gone 5 years before he was traded is something no one here will ever know. He was traded in '08...you weren't a member here until '05 (unless you had a different name or had to re-register so some reason) which isn't quite 5 years (if you were on rats complaining about him, I would not have seen it as I wasn't there). I guess I'll have to take your word for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still wouldn't touch Westbrook. There's a reason OKC has been having some internal issues with the team this season. "Point" guards like Westbrook who are that ball dominant, inefficient, and care only about their own numbers and being "the guy" are not the kind of players who win you titles. In fact, I can't name one who has. Thank God for Durant or OKC would routinely find themselves in the lottery with a guy like Westbrook leading the team.
    And how are those players, that you preferred over him, leading their teams? I haven't checked on BC Krasnye Krylia in a while, how is Joe doing? Is he still there?

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers philosophy of at least sustaining mediocrity and rebuilding on the fly has been successful only once since 1980 in terms of winning a title. In basketball, you have to be bad before you can be good (title winning good). The Pacers, and most on here, just don't understand that mindset, which is odd given the likely fact that the Colts would be in Los Angeles right now if not for being bad enough to draft Peyton Manning #1 overall. And now the Colts will most likely be a contender for the next decade because they were bad enough to draft Luck #1. Same applies to basketball and the kind of player generally found in the top 5 or so of the draft. The %s are clear that the likelihood of finding a Hall of Fame caliber player in the draft is FAR greater in the top 5 picks than anywhere else. I believe it's about 20-30% or so odds a player drafted here becomes such a player. While a Hall of Fame player doesn't guarantee you a title, it is a guarantee that you won't win a title without a Hall of Fame player.
    Really, you're the only advocate for that type of rebuilding? Half the forum here was all about tanking when it was clear the team wasn't any good. You are kind of contradicting yourself though, considering you apparently were the only one pumping up George (10th) and Rondo (21st) you'd think you'd understand that talent can be found at any point of the draft. But yeah, we should of tanked in '09-'10...I really wish we had Favors instead of George. Just think we could have Favors and Lou Williams (the next Monta Ellis OMG!!!) instead of George and that bum Granger who does nothing but shoot 16 times a game. If only you were the GM. If the Pacers had tanked the past few years who would they have? Probably Tyreke Evans (who Bird apparently loved), Derrick Favors, hopefully not Westbrook (I mean ewwww amirite??).

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And the fact that you can't see Granger's clear flaws as a player, his lack of ball handling, lack of off ball movement, questionable shot taking and decision making, poor effort on defense prior to stretches last year, declining shooting ability, etc. isn't my problem. The man should have been traded a few years ago when we could have acquired assets that could have put us in a better position to win a title. Look around the league at what happens when NBA players are given the green light to shoot 16+ fga/game. They score points. Granger's production was the result of volume shooting on a poor team and the green light to play outside of the confines of any team offense we ran. Go figure that he struggled mightily last year when actually having to play with a solid supporting cast, because he doesn't have the basketball understanding to know where to be without the basketball in his hands.
    I can see Granger's flaws, believe me. You're the one who is blind to flaws...other players flaws, non-Pacers flaws. The players you've wanted to deal Granger for are less flawed than Danny? Really?
    Last edited by Merz; 02-04-2013 at 03:53 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Ainge thinks KG decides by July 1, Allen soon [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 11:30 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 09:00 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 06:20 PM
  4. Ainge: Boston Celtics' Big 3 can stay beyond contracts [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 07:40 PM
  5. Ainge gives Carroll the boot as interim coach in Boston
    By Slick Pinkham in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 05:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •