Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36

Thread: Lance Stephenson Most Improved Player nominee

  1. #26
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Most Improved Player nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks again for the offer to join you. I really appreciate it.
    Not a problem. We ended up with 2 empty seats because our planned twosome couldn't make it at the last minute. Didn't have time to offer them up to anyone and remembered you and Big Jon got your old seats back this season.
    Grown Man Ball

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,958
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Most Improved Player nominee

    The only Pacer that will get serious consideration for the award is PG. This award is for guys who were solid and became stars or fringe stars. Like Granger in his year, or Rose or JO. PG is the natural choice if a Pacer is chosen. Holiday and PG are prototypical MIP candidates. Not to discount Lance's improvement, which is real, but he doesn't have the stats to get consideration from the people who vote on awards like this.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:


  5. #28

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Most Improved Player nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Black shoes or not, to put Lance Stephenson into any discussion indicating that he is somehow ACTUALLY like Jordan (unless he has an affinity for Gatorade and Nike) is unfathomable.
    Lance is the most talented Pacer since the Jordan era and was the most talented high school basketball player in NYC history at famed Lincoln. He plays the same position. Virtually is the same size. He plays with a similar level of intensity. I would consider Jordan the best combo guard to ever play, and Lance may not be the best ever, but he is also a combo guard with pretty remarkable abilities. Is he an exact clone of Jordan? No. No one is or ever will be, at least hopefully science does not take it that far. But to say they can't share any similarities just because Jordan is the GOAT is just as unfathomable to me.

    But anyways my point was to say that even though Paul George is a better all around player, the things that Lance does do better from his position may someday soon make him the better player. And that is a way their relationship is similar to Jordan/Pippen. PG is an All-Star already and arguably the best all around player from his position in the NBA. Lance does do some things better than PG and those things are so important to winning that it may indeed make Lance the better player one day even though George is better all around, partly because of his size advantage. Just like Pippen had the size advantage over Jordan.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Midcoasted For This Useful Post:


  7. #29
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    Lance is definitely the mip when it comes to this board. This preseason a number of people refused to include him in projected depth charts. Some did't want his option picked up. There was a time last year that me and like 2 other people(cj Jones and guy with Tyler avatar(Bluengold?)), were the only ones defending him.

    Its been a complete 180, and he is earning the respect. Larry's got to be smiling.

    Also he is 22 and hopefully more of a priority than people think. We aren't mortgaging the future. Our star is 22. We are setup for a ten year run, Danny and west will be gone long before our window closes. If Lance keeps improving, he could be PGs running mate for the next 10 years. We don't want to take away from pg's prime by rebuilding when Danny and West are done, hopefully we can have it all.


    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by spazzxb; 02-01-2013 at 12:16 AM.

  8. #30

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Most Improved Player nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well i believe Lance can become the future PG this team has been missing since Mark Jackson. With that said... i see no reason to make a big splash at the trade deadline to find a point. We already have him.. he just needs another season or two to prove he can be trusted at the point.
    Errr.. I I think you're forgetting how great tinsley was... If he had kept his head on straight, he would have been an all-star. Unfortunately, he went silly in the head and got lazy. That doesn't negate that his first 4-5 years were incredible. I took for granted having a point guard rack up double figure assists on a nightly basis while he was here.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersandIU For This Useful Post:


  10. #31
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,224
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Most Improved Player nominee

    Don't think he can beat out PG for this award....
    Why so SERIOUS

  11. #32
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,584
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Most Improved Player nominee

    My bad.

    Lance obviously redefines how basketball is played, and the league will quickly promote Lance over Lebron and Kobe, and will likely alter the rules of the game to accomodate Lance's unique playing style. My guess is that there will be a 4 foot Lance rule (even better than the treatment Jordan received) wherein anyone who encroaches within 4 feet of Lance on a drive to the hoop, or has the audacity to cause Lance to create a turnover with his vastly superior court vision, will immediately be whistled for a foul, and if actual contact is made, whether Lance initiates it or not, will be cause for a flagrant 1 at least.

    What an idiot I am for not seeing it before now...

    How dare I not recognize the GOAT right before my very eyes. I am truly sorry for my Helen freakin' Keller-ness for not ever seeing or hearing anything that would have ever led me to the completely obvious conclusion that Lance is better than Michael Jordan.

    BTW, the above should have been highlighted in any shade between hunter and lime. I simply could not decide which one to use. I am open to suggestions. If somebody wants to add a poll to this thread to vote on a color choice, I will be happy to edit and highlight with the color chosen by the masses.

  12. #33
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Most Improved Player nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BTW, the above should have been highlighted in any shade between hunter and lime. I simply could not decide which one to use. I am open to suggestions. If somebody wants to add a poll to this thread to vote on a color choice, I will be happy to edit and highlight with the color chosen by the masses.
    Shows how little you know. Clearly a post like this deserves emerald, or perhaps a nice jade. Lime? Don't make me laugh.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  14. #34
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,218

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Most Improved Player nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My bad.

    Lance obviously redefines how basketball is played, and the league will quickly promote Lance over Lebron and Kobe, and will likely alter the rules of the game to accomodate Lance's unique playing style. My guess is that there will be a 4 foot Lance rule (even better than the treatment Jordan received) wherein anyone who encroaches within 4 feet of Lance on a drive to the hoop, or has the audacity to cause Lance to create a turnover with his vastly superior court vision, will immediately be whistled for a foul, and if actual contact is made, whether Lance initiates it or not, will be cause for a flagrant 1 at least.

    What an idiot I am for not seeing it before now...

    How dare I not recognize the GOAT right before my very eyes. I am truly sorry for my Helen freakin' Keller-ness for not ever seeing or hearing anything that would have ever led me to the completely obvious conclusion that Lance is better than Michael Jordan.

    BTW, the above should have been highlighted in any shade between hunter and lime. I simply could not decide which one to use. I am open to suggestions. If somebody wants to add a poll to this thread to vote on a color choice, I will be happy to edit and highlight with the color chosen by the masses.
    Not sure about colors, but I wouldn't quit my day job if I were you.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  15. #35
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Most Improved Player nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersandIU View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Errr.. I I think you're forgetting how great tinsley was... If he had kept his head on straight, he would have been an all-star. Unfortunately, he went silly in the head and got lazy. That doesn't negate that his first 4-5 years were incredible. I took for granted having a point guard rack up double figure assists on a nightly basis while he was here.
    forget how "great" tinsley was.. "tinman" tinsley ya he was great. for about 2 seasons. believe mme. i agree. tinsley could have been an all-star. even Bird recognized it. reason we signed him. i disagree with the reasons he did not succeed. the brawl was his decline. he lit billups up that night. everty thing changed from there. lets not go there. "4-5" seasons. ya right. at best 3.

    like i said. Mark "shimmy-shake" tear-dropping Jackson was the best point gaurd this Franchise has had. I only can go back as far as Vern

  16. #36
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Most Improved Player nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My bad.

    Lance obviously redefines how basketball is played, and the league will quickly promote Lance over Lebron and Kobe, and will likely alter the rules of the game to accomodate Lance's unique playing style. My guess is that there will be a 4 foot Lance rule (even better than the treatment Jordan received) wherein anyone who encroaches within 4 feet of Lance on a drive to the hoop, or has the audacity to cause Lance to create a turnover with his vastly superior court vision, will immediately be whistled for a foul, and if actual contact is made, whether Lance initiates it or not, will be cause for a flagrant 1 at least.

    What an idiot I am for not seeing it before now...

    How dare I not recognize the GOAT right before my very eyes. I am truly sorry for my Helen freakin' Keller-ness for not ever seeing or hearing anything that would have ever led me to the completely obvious conclusion that Lance is better than Michael Jordan.

    BTW, the above should have been highlighted in any shade between hunter and lime. I simply could not decide which one to use. I am open to suggestions. If somebody wants to add a poll to this thread to vote on a color choice, I will be happy to edit and highlight with the color chosen by the masses.
    what ???? im lost

Similar Threads

  1. Player Analysis: Lance Stephenson
    By Kemo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-26-2012, 01:38 PM
  2. Lance Stephenson Arrested... Again
    By Steagles in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 01:35 AM
  3. Is Lance Stephenson a PG?
    By BlueNGold in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 10:25 AM
  4. Lance Stephenson Wallpaper
    By kjh623kor in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 06:23 AM
  5. The Lance Stephenson Show [PD]
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 04:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •