Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 72

Thread: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

  1. #1
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Here's to a great month of February!


    (Courtesy of NBA.com)
    Last edited by Trophy; 01-30-2013 at 09:22 PM.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,339

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Hibbert, Lance and Hans had great games. All 3 got double doubles.

    Dominated a terrible team. Love it!
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,950

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Resisted the trap. Now let's see what the next three bring against the big boys. Hoping for good results.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  6. #4
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,541

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Everybody had a good game. Even Paul George, who despite having a bad offensive night still played well in other parts of the game.

  7. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Took them out of the game, and didn't let them get back into it. Nice to command a win throughout the game.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,299

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    I like the dynamic of our offense a lil better when Lance is an initiator/creater/ ball handler and George is a finisher/spot up shooter/ post entry passer.

  10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,278

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the dynamic of our offense a lil better when Lance is an initiator/creater/ ball handler and George is a finisher/spot up shooter/ post entry passer.
    It seems more natural for them.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,656

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the dynamic of our offense a lil better when Lance is an initiator/creater/ ball handler and George is a finisher/spot up shooter/ post entry passer.
    One thing is certain. The ball needs to be in Lance's hands when we are on the break. And when Lance comes down with the rebound, he needs to do exactly what he did tonight... run like hell.
    Last edited by beast23; 01-30-2013 at 10:21 PM.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  15. #9

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Didn't really see Drummond as all that. Nice rebound numbers, but most of them seemed to be Troy Murphy rebounds.

    Curious about kstat's dislike for Rodney Stuckey. He really looked good tonight. He's a another guy that would look good in the OJ/Gerald wing spot.

  16. #10

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    So, Granger should be coming back soon no?
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  17. #11
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,690

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't really see Drummond as all that. Nice rebound numbers, but most of them seemed to be Troy Murphy rebounds.

    Curious about kstat's dislike for Rodney Stuckey. He really looked good tonight. He's a another guy that would look good in the OJ/Gerald wing spot.
    Frank should be fired for not using Drummond more on a regular basis.

    The Team is in rebuild mode and guys like Drummond should be playing way more minutes up to this point in the season.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  19. #12
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,690

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Lance with the double-double.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  20. #13
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,690

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't really see Drummond as all that. Nice rebound numbers, but most of them seemed to be Troy Murphy rebounds.

    Comparing Drummond to Murphy is a punishable by jail time in the state of Michigan. Heck, comparing ANYBODY to Murphy should get you 5 minutes of quiet time in the corner.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  22. #14
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,479

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Losing to Denver was the best thing that could have happened to our team for one reason: Lance emerged out of his slump. When he is playing well, we are tough to beat.
    David "And One" West

  23. #15
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Drummond was just so active. He does so many things really well.

  24. #16
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,690

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    The Bench Players on this Team has to be more aggressive and take a shot when they have the chance. I have noticed that Lance and OJ often pass up a decent shot in favor of passing to another Player. I don't mind if Lance or OJ looking for their own shot......as long as it's a good look....I'm okay with them taking a good shot and missing.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  25. #17

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't really see Drummond as all that. Nice rebound numbers, but most of them seemed to be Troy Murphy rebounds.

    Curious about kstat's dislike for Rodney Stuckey. He really looked good tonight. He's a another guy that would look good in the OJ/Gerald wing spot.

    Drummond didn't do much, but he's going to be good. He's only 19. I'd love to have him.as a Pacer. Wait, no need as the Pacers already have Plumlee. (last sentence in green)

    IIRC, Stucky's contract next year only has 4 mil of it guaranteed. They may just buyout it out and have even more cap to work with. If Dumars doesn't pull another Stucky and Charlie V with the cap, they could get some good players with their cap, and be a decent team next year.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  27. #18

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Frank should be fired for not using Drummond more on a regular basis.

    The Team is in rebuild mode and guys like Drummond should be playing way more minutes up to this point in the season.
    Frank's job is to win games, unless he's told otherwise by management. Unless Drummond shows more than he did tonight, his playing more isn't going to help. Drummond has nice athletic talent set, but he has very little in the way of BB skills.

    Now if the Pistons are in full tank mode, then sure. Play Drummond 35 mpg. But they have a chance to make the playoffs. With all the kids on that team, they need the playoff experience if they are ever going to start winning.

  28. #19
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,690

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Drummond didn't do much, but he's going to be good. He's only 19. I'd love to have him.as a Pacer. Wait, no need as the Pacers already have Plumlee. (last sentence in green)

    IIRC, Stucky's contract next year only has 4 mil of it guaranteed. They may just buyout it out and have even more cap to work with. If Dumars doesn't pull another Stucky and Charlie V with the cap, they could get some good players with their cap, and be a decent team next year.
    Some Team is going to take Stuckey's contract off of the Piston's hands. I think that Stuckey just needs a change in scenery.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  29. #20

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Comparing Drummond to Murphy is a punishable by jail time in the state of Michigan. Heck, comparing ANYBODY to Murphy should get you 5 minutes of quiet time in the corner.
    I get your point. But it seemed to me that Drummond had better numbers than his actual play indicated. That screamed Troy Murphy to me.

  30. #21

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Comparing Drummond to Murphy is a punishable by jail time in the state of Michigan. Heck, comparing ANYBODY to Murphy should get you 5 minutes of quiet time in the corner.

    I don't recall seeing Murphy on a NBA roster this year. He peaked under JOB, and went down the tubes quickly after being traded. Seems like he went to NO, Nets, and the last I knew the Lakers last season.

  31. #22

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Losing to Denver was the best thing that could have happened to our team for one reason: Lance emerged out of his slump. When he is playing well, we are tough to beat.
    I really like Lance and George Hill on court together. Their skill sets blend well. Better than the sum of their individual parts.

  32. #23
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,690

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Frank's job is to win games, unless he's told otherwise by management. Unless Drummond shows more than he did tonight, his playing more isn't going to help. Drummond has nice athletic talent set, but he has very little in the way of BB skills.

    Now if the Pistons are in full tank mode, then sure. Play Drummond 35 mpg. But they have a chance to make the playoffs. With all the kids on that team, they need the playoff experience if they are ever going to start winning.
    I don't see why they can't play Drummond more minutes at the expense of Maxiell. I guess that KStat would have to clarify if the Pistons think that Drummond makes too many mistakes to warrant more consistent playing time....or if Maxiell is the veteran anchor that they need in the frontcourt.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  33. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Comparing Drummond to Murphy is a punishable by jail time in the state of Michigan. Heck, comparing ANYBODY to Murphy should get you 5 minutes of quiet time in the corner.
    I think is fair to compare Villanueva to Murphy.

  34. #25
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,690

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 1/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really like Lance and George Hill on court together. Their skill sets blend well. Better than the sum of their individual parts.
    Yeah....but a GH and DJ backcourt is doing wonders for the Team

    Seriously, all DJ does is bring the ball up passes the ball to someone then does a spot up 3pt shot. I'd rather have GH do that and have Lance do the creating on the offensive end.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 12-16-2012, 10:58 PM
  2. Pacers/Pistons postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 12:17 AM
  3. Pistons/Pacers postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 08:10 PM
  4. Postgame thread Pacers at Pistons
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 08:13 PM
  5. Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 03:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •