Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another Chad Ford chat; more Granger trade talk

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Another Chad Ford chat; more Granger trade talk

Wells was tweeting about Danny last night, said he hasn't done any full-contact practice.

But the narrative is still "Before the All-Star break."

Hopefully he can make it back for that Brooklyn game the 11th. Otherwise, I say hold him out until the 20th...at home...against the Knicks. Already be a pretty raucous crowd, Danny coming back would be the icing on the cake.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wells was tweeting about Danny last night, said he hasn't done any full-contact practice.

But the narrative is still "Before the All-Star break."

Hopefully he can make it back for that Brooklyn game the 11th. Otherwise, I say hold him out until the 20th...at home...against the Knicks. Already be a pretty raucous crowd, Danny coming back would be the icing on the cake.

The all star game is just two weeks from this coming Sunday. I have a hard time believing he will be back that soon when he hasn't even done a full-contact practice yet.

I've not seen a report on it, but......

Quote Originally Posted by ejwallace View Post
    Didn't Quinn also state that he was participating in "full contact" drills too??
    Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    Yes, Quinn did. Brooke stressed it wasn't for long, but still.
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...l-speed-drills

That was a week ago today.

Mood

My hope is that they just don't want to jinx it or otherwise create false expectations by quietly letting him progress and then once they're confident that he hasn't had a setback they'll announce that he's close or something like that.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I've not seen a report on it, but......

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...l-speed-drills

That was a week ago today.

Looks like that contradicts what Wells said. You would think Vogel would say something if he was doing full contact practice, like Thibbs did with Rose.

billbradley

That's what I was saying in the other thread. I don't think it has anything to do with the superstar status of Rose, I'm beginning to think they don't know if Granger will play this season. Something just doesn't seem right.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Looks like that contradicts what Wells said. You would think Vogel would say something if he was doing full contact practice, like Thibbs did with Rose.
    I'm thinking it's kinda lost in translation, now that I'm looking more at the language used.

Cleared for full contact drills and cleared for full contact practice might just be semantics, or it might just explain the differences in the statements.

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    That's what I was saying in the other thread. I don't think it has anything to do with the superstar status of Rose, I'm beginning to think they don't know if Granger will play this season. Something just doesn't seem right.
    I have found that the expression "no news is good news" usually doesn't apply to sports injuries. When injured players are close to returning, you usually hear substantive reports about them practicing and engaging in physical activity.

Thibbs on Rose yesterday:

"He can do all the cutting, he can do shooting, he can go off the dribble," Thibodeau said. "So it's just a matter of him getting acclimated to playing in a game situation.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...ntact-practice

Maybe I missed it, but we haven't heard the Pacers say anything as descriptive about Granger, have we? Clearly the Bulls are confident that Rose is going to be back fairly soon. As far as Granger engaging in "full contact" practice is concerned, all we seem to have is some cloudy contradictions between people who cover the team.

I'm skeptical because I've heard teams too many times say that a player will be back "in a few weeks" only for them to miss the rest of the season (i.e. Garnett in 09) or not come back until the playoffs (Marvin Harrison in 07 when he clearly wasn't ready).
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 01-31-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Mood

Danny is the heart and soul of this team. I can remember one or two nights after DG signed his four year 60 million dollar contract the Pacers were playing the Celtics at Conseco FH. The Pacers were up by damn near twenty points and DG laid out for a loose ball, Pierce landed on him and when DG got up after gaining possesion and getting the foul he was missing a few teeth. All he did was shoot, and make, both free throws before leaving the game. His emotion and on court prescence are the closest hing we have had on the Pacers since #31 was here. I for one never want to see him leave and would be quite upset if he does get traded. There are several players that score in this league but not many can lead a team like he is capableof doing.

http://ahedofmytime.wordpress.com/20...th-last-night/

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

People need to stop comparing Danny's tendonosis to Rose's and whoever else's ACL tear, they aren't the same thing just because they both involve tendons. Rose got his tendon repaired, is rehabbing, and that's basically it. A tear is basically just a freak accident, as I understand it (which is far from well), tendonosis isn't really fixable and no one really even knows the best way to treat it yet. With a tear you have the surgery and it's repaired, with tendonosis you have to keep treating if for a long time, I expect Danny to keep doing it the rest of his career. There haven't been any declarative statements because you just don't know, he's got to get back to his usual grind and see how his knee responds with the treatment.

Honestly I'd feel more comfortable with Danny's long term prognosis if he had an ACL tear.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    People need to stop comparing Danny's tendonosis to Rose's and whoever else's ACL tear, they aren't the same thing just because they both involve tendons. Rose got his tendon repaired, is rehabbing, and that's basically it. A tear is basically just a freak accident, as I understand it (which is far from well), tendonosis isn't really fixable and no one really even knows the best way to treat it yet. With a tear you have the surgery and it's repaired, with tendonosis you have to keep treating if for a long time, I expect Danny to keep doing it the rest of his career. There haven't been any declarative statements because you just don't know, he's got to get back to his usual grind and see how his knee responds with the treatment.

No one is comparing the injuries. We're just talking about the differences in what their teams are saying right now.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    No one is comparing the injuries. We're just talking about the differences in what their teams are saying right now.
    which isn't really useful since they aren't the same thing that involve completely different procedures and in turn obviously offer different abilities to give a long term prognosis

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    which isn't really useful since they aren't the same thing that involve completely different procedures and in turn obviously offer different abilities to give a long term prognosis
    Yea, but the only info we have is the AS break return. You would think we would get more info about recovery than a player who has no specific timeline for return. This leads me to believe that the original return date isn't realistic for Danny.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post: