Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Chad Ford chat; more Granger trade talk

Hybrid View

Post Another Chad Ford chat; more Granger trade talk

I almost hesitate to even post this, but what the heck:

Dan (Indy)
    Does Granger have ANY trade value? Will he help really even help that much when he comes back?

Chad Ford (1:21 PM)
    All depends on how he checks out medically. If he's going to be 100 percent soon, he has a lot of value. If he's going to take the rest of the season to get back to 100 percent, his value drops for the Pacers.

James (Chicago)
    If Granger was 100% today, what kind of 4 or 1 could/would Indy target?

Chad Ford (1:23 PM)
    I think Eric Bledsoe of the Clippers would be their top target. Ed Davis, who the Pacers seriously considered drafting over Paul George, would be another option.
    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/46923

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Smits Happens For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Another Chad Ford chat; more Granger trade talk

Bledsoe would be great here, but do the Clips need another gunner? I certainly like Davis' shooting percentage. I think we let it play out with Granger and make moves in the off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bledsoe would be great here, but do the Clips need another gunner? I certainly like Davis' shooting percentage. I think we let it play out with Granger and make moves in the off-season.
    Would the Pacers pursuing Bledsoe be a sign of the team being unsettled about GHill's production as the starting 1?

billbradley

The NBA on ESPN ‏@ESPNNBA

Derrick Rose (ACL) has progressed to "full contact" in practice:
    Who makes it back first? I know it's supposed to be Granger but I still wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    Who makes it back first? I know it's supposed to be Granger but I still wonder...
    Haven't the Bulls said not til after the all star break?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Haven't the Bulls said not til after the all star break?
    They are saying that he is almost 100% but he is still trying to get his confidence back, so they are taking it easy on him I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    I'd put my money on Rose. He has progressed to "full contact" in practice. Granger hasn't done "full contact" yet, has he?

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I need Chad Ford's Granger talk like I need a hole in the head

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I need Chad Ford's Granger talk like I need a hole in the head
    But without head holes, we wouldn't be able to breathe, hear, or sing karaoke.

Mood

Danny is the heart and soul of this team. I can remember one or two nights after DG signed his four year 60 million dollar contract the Pacers were playing the Celtics at Conseco FH. The Pacers were up by damn near twenty points and DG laid out for a loose ball, Pierce landed on him and when DG got up after gaining possesion and getting the foul he was missing a few teeth. All he did was shoot, and make, both free throws before leaving the game. His emotion and on court prescence are the closest hing we have had on the Pacers since #31 was here. I for one never want to see him leave and would be quite upset if he does get traded. There are several players that score in this league but not many can lead a team like he is capableof doing.

http://ahedofmytime.wordpress.com/20...th-last-night/

Wow, glad we didn't draft Ed Davis

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Ed Davis is one of the more underrated young players in the league. I don't like the idea of moving Granger, but I think Davis is good enough to be a quality, long-term starter. I'd definitely consider it if it was available.

Banned

Ford doesn't know what he is talking about, why would the Clippers want Danny? I don't see a place for him there, they have like 5 small forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Ford doesn't know what he is talking about, why would the Clippers want Danny? I don't see a place for him there, they have like 5 small forwards.
    Actually, the 3 spot is the one place they could stand to upgrade. Danny would give them more than Caron Butler.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    Actually, the 3 spot is the one place they could stand to upgrade. Danny would give them more than Caron Butler.
    Well they have Butler, Odom, Hill and Barnes, out of those four Barnes is the one giving them the better production (11 and 5), I don't see why they need Danny.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well they have Butler, Odom, Hill and Barnes, out of those four Barnes is the one giving them the better production (11 and 5), I don't see why they need Danny.
    well you pretty much answered your own question. the best production they are recieving is 11/5. Granger has averaged 20 for most his career. seems pretty obvious why they would be interested in a healthy Danny Granger.. the same reason we are and that is to win a championship.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

None of them are really close to Granger's level when healthy though.

Paul + Griffin + Jordan + Granger and Crawford off the bench would be really dynamic for them, definently better than Butler or whatever rehash they have at SF.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well its kind of silly to say that at the moment regarding Ed Davis, because Bird isn't around any more.

Bledsoe would be quite a find if the Pacers could get him, but I don't see a way in which the Clippers trade him to the Pacers directly, would definently be Butler + Bledsoe, something else has to go, and not really sure what. Just dont see it happening.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo

i dont see Granger getting moved. its been beat to death on here but no one truly knows the status of Grangers injury and how he will return. until then no team is going to give us good enough value in moving him.

more and more im starting to believe Legend when he stated on multiple occassions that Lance is the best player on this team. i still think DWEST, Granger, George are better but Lance has alot of untapped potential.

I can see Lance becoming the starting pg for this team in another season or two. at that point we simply switch Hill with Lance.. Hill can play a combo gaurd role from there which is how he is most effective.

If Lance continues to mature he will be a starter in this league and it could be at the point position. imagine the length and athleticm of this team.

Lance, George, Granger, West, Hibbert

Stephenson still has some growing up to do but the kid can flat out play.

Can someone please explain to me, why people are so interested in trading Danny for a new toy...when he fulfills our needs as a basketball team. (More offense, better shooting, improvement on defense, another wing, and because Lance will be on the bench, improved bench play.)

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Can someone please explain to me, why people are so interested in trading Danny for a new toy...when he fulfills our needs as a basketball team. (More offense, better shooting, improvement on defense, another wing, and because Lance will be on the bench, improved bench play.)
    A lot of NBA fans today are playing NBA2K13 and fantasy basketball and getting their news from ESPN, all of which emphasize trading and make it seem like players are just interchangeable parts that can be shuffled around at will.

At least, that's the current culture, and it seems to rub off on everyone's conversations about trades. JMHO

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:

Mood

I'll never believe Lance will be better than Paul George. Lance is better than most here thought after last season but I just don't see the upside I do. in Paul George.

While Paul may become the alpha dog here , I don't see Lance as more than a 3rd or 4th option and never Paul's equal as a defender or rebounder.

RLeWorm

wow never even thought about Granger for Bledsoe!!! I think this deal works in our favor. Bledsoe a beast! I just remember seeing ESPN doing the pg superlatives and all them chose Bledsoe as the best defender out of them.

Idk if it's just me (and it appears to be) but I don't see Bledsoe as being a future star in the league. I know that he is a tremendous defender, athlete, and can get to the cup very very well. I also know that he has some pretty good untapped potential. But he's also smaller, not a true PG by any means and can't shoot a lick (only 16 3pt fg in 40 att so far this year) Now obviously that can change, but it's not like he's a dynamic playmaker either (averages under 3 assists for the year, and has only averaged 4 as a starter in 32 mpg)

I know he has played well behind CP3, but Chris Paul's backups NORMALLY play pretty well (Jarrett Jack,DC, Janero Pargo, Bobby Jackson, Speedy Claxton) and I don't think that's a coincidence.

I'm not saying that Bledsoe isn't any good, in fact if he can work on that stroke, he could be very good with the right team. But lets not fall in love with his potential and production playing behind CP3, because as we saw with DC, it doesn't always work out.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

RLeWorm

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Idk if it's just me (and it appears to be) but I don't see Bledsoe as being a future star in the league. I know that he is a tremendous defender, athlete, and can get to the cup very very well. I also know that he has some pretty good untapped potential. But he's also smaller, not a true PG by any means and can't shoot a lick (only 16 3pt fg in 40 att so far this year) Now obviously that can change, but it's not like he's a dynamic playmaker either (averages under 3 assists for the year, and has only averaged 4 as a starter in 32 mpg)

I know he has played well behind CP3, but Chris Paul's backups NORMALLY play pretty well (Jarrett Jack,DC, Janero Pargo, Bobby Jackson, Speedy Claxton) and I don't think that's a coincidence.

I'm not saying that Bledsoe isn't any good, in fact if he can work on that stroke, he could be very good with the right team. But lets not fall in love with his potential and production playing behind CP3, because as we saw with DC, it doesn't always work out.
    I don't think Bledsoe is small. He is actually a little built to take hits, and the league is changing anyway. Do u see all these quick little guards?