Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

Eric Koreen: To repeat: If they are gone, @Jose Manuel Calderon and @Ed Davis were total pros with us in the media. It was appreciated. Twitter @ekoreen

If I was Davis I'd be opening some bubbly!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm a fan of Calderon so I wanted him to go to a good team, Boston would have been perfect for him, that system fits his game, now with Detroit it looks like he is just going to be a rental there.
    As you often point out....Calderon is so good that some Team will make a run at him next season.

My question now is what about Stuckey? He seems like the "odd man" out.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I'm not sure if other people feel the same way, but...wtf is Memphis doing? I don't understand this at all
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    I'm not sure if other people feel the same way, but...wtf is Memphis doing? I don't understand this at all
    dumping an incredibly bad contract

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Raptors are paying ~56 million for the next two years of DeMar DeRozan and Rudy Gay. lol.
    Don't forget Fields.

Sports Logo

Don't forget Fields.
    Good God. Colangelo is just awful. And now Terrence Ross is buried.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

OK so at the end Memphis got a young piece (Ed Davis) a veteran (Prince) and an scrub (Daye) for a pretty good player that is healthy but making a bunch of money? yep I was been a homer when I came up with the Danny Granger trade proposal
    Will Granger fetch the same? Maybe.....maybe not...but I am sure that Cost-Conscious Teams that are concerned about adding $17.8 mil and 19.3 mil to their Salary Cap ( which is HUGE in today's NBA after the new CBA ) had nothing to do with the trade offers that Gay fetched. Keep in mind...it's near impossible to match those salaries.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Will Granger fetch the same? Maybe.....maybe not...but I am sure that Cost-Conscious Teams that are concerned about adding $17.8 mil and 19.3 mil to their Salary Cap ( which is HUGE in today's NBA after the new CBA ) had nothing to do with the trade offers that Gay fetched. Keep in mind...it's near impossible to match those salaries.
    Yes but at least Gay is healthy though, I mean if that is what you can get for a healthy young player, what can a team like the Pacers get for a player that is not healthy, is older and makes about 13/14mil a year? my guess is not that much.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yes but at least Gay is healthy though, I mean if that is what you can get for a healthy young player, what can a team like the Pacers get for a player that is not healthy, is older and makes about 13/14mil a year? my guess is not that much.
    First off, let me preface my comments with this statement: I don't think there is any way the Pacers trade Granger during the season. It just makes no sense whatsoever. It would have to be a major sweetheart deal and with Isiah Thomas no longer running a team, that isn't likely to happen.

Now, in the offseason? That's another story. But you are acting like Granger is Andrew Bogut or something--a guy who has proven himself unable to stay healthy throughout his NBA career. Granger, for the most part, has been a very healthy player during his career up until this point. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Rudy Gay miss a huge chunk of a season two years ago? True, Gay is younger, but he's also paid $3-4 million more than Granger. I'm not saying the Pacers will get a blue chip player or asset in return for him when/if they trade him, but my guess is his value isn't as low as you make it out to be.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Agree to disagree.

Yes, Granger is technically not playing now cuz he is recovering from an injury.....but unless u have a magic 8 ball that will tell you what happens with Granger in the next couple of weeks.....you and I have NO CLUE whether he is going to return to the same form that he was in by the trade deadline.

In other words, no one has any clue what his health is like and therefore what his trade value is.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If a team will give up that much for an overpaid guy that just 2 years ago missed most of the season with a shoulder injury, someone would give up a similar package for Danny once he's back/shows he has some pop.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    First off, let me preface my comments with this statement: I don't think there is any way the Pacers trade Granger during the season. It just makes no sense whatsoever. It would have to be a major sweetheart deal and with Isiah Thomas no longer running a team, that isn't likely to happen.
    I agree.

Now, in the offseason? That's another story. But you are acting like Granger is Andrew Bogut or something--a guy who has proven himself unable to stay healthy throughout his NBA career. Granger, for the most part, has been a very healthy player during his career up until this point.
    Wrong, Danny has been having knee issues for a while now.(since college)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Rudy Gay miss a huge chunk of a season two years ago?
    Yes he had a shoulder injury but it has been about two years already.

True, Gay is younger, but he's also paid $3-4 million more than Granger. I'm not saying the Pacers will get a blue chip player or asset in return for him when/if they trade him, but my guess is his value isn't as low as you make it out to be.
    I'm not making anything out I'm just comparing two similar players and to me if Memphis got that package for Gay I don't expect the Pacers to get anything better than that, so the expectations of a lot of people around here(return wise) are way too high.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Agree to disagree.

Yes, Granger is technically not playing now cuz he is recovering from an injury.....but unless u have a magic 8 ball that will tell you what happens with Granger in the next couple of weeks.....you and I have NO CLUE whether he is going to return to the same form that he was in by the trade deadline.

In other words, no one has any clue what his health is like and therefore what his trade value is.

You are making my point, all this things you are saying are true reason why I don't expect the Pacers to get a better deal that what Memphis got for Gay, understand?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree.

Yes he had a shoulder injury but it has been about two years already.

I'm not making anything out I'm just comparing two similar players and to me if Memphis got that package for Gay I don't expect the Pacers to get anything better than that, so the expectations of a lot of people around here(return wise) are way too high.
    Yeah, Danny has had some knee issues in the past (which is the reason he fell to us in the draft in the first place), but he hasn't missed much time because of them. It's a concern, but not a major red flag, unless there is something we don't know about them.

For the most part, we agree. I don't see us getting much better than that package Memphis got. I actually didn't totally hate the Chad Ford chat idea of trading Granger to the Clips for a package headlined by Eric Bledsoe. I liked him coming out of college and he's had grad studies under the great Chris Paul. I think that he has a really bright future.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Yeah, Danny has had some knee issues in the past (which is the reason he fell to us in the draft in the first place), but he hasn't missed much time because of them. It's a concern, but not a major red flag, unless there is something we don't know about them.

For the most part, we agree. I don't see us getting much better than that package Memphis got. I actually didn't totally hate the Chad Ford chat idea of trading Granger to the Clips for a package headlined by Eric Bledsoe. I liked him coming out of college and he's had grad studies under the great Chris Paul. I think that he has a really bright future.
    Few years ago Danny had issues with that knee not letting him practice with team USA, he always had knee issues, I believe that teams already know this, I agree with you on Bledsoe he could be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Grizz got a 2nd round pick

Ronald Tillery: Gay/Haddadi ends up in Toronto. Calderon will go to Detroit. Griz will get Raps' Davis, 2013 2nd rounder plus Prince and Daye from Detroit Twitter @CAGrizBlog
    Good deal for the Pistons. They shed 15 mil of Prince's next 2 years, plus they get an expiring 10.5 mil in Calderon. That gives them an extra 3 mil in cap.

If Memphis gets Davis, I'd like the Pacers to look into getting Arthur.

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post

Getting under the LT for the 13-14 season. Sacrificing this year in feeling they couldn't get better than 4th seed, and didn't have the team to win it all. JMOAA

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Eh... not much to say about this trade, really.

Detroit remains irrelevant, and Toronto helps secure itself long-term mediocrity. I kind of like it for Memphis, actually. Prince is still a solid veteran who will help come postseason, and I think Davis has great potential. Not a bad haul for shedding an awful contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    If a team will give up that much for an overpaid guy that just 2 years ago missed most of the season with a shoulder injury, someone would give up a similar package for Danny once he's back/shows he has some pop.

I'd hope Granger could bring more than that trade!

This is a shrewd, necessary move for MEM. Once it was clear that Gay wasn't fundamental to their team's shot at a championship, they needed to shed that contract. In retrospect, I'm sure they've asked themselves over and over as to what they were thinking to sign him to that beast of a deal.

The circumstance with Granger is a lot different, IMO. On one hand, his contract isn't as nearly toxic, and he (until proven otherwise), fills a position of need. However, it's not clear whether 1+4 = 5 or 4.5 at this point, given Lance's and PG's maturation this year.

More importantly, keeping the starting 5 intact, and having some cap flexibility to make moves in the future is going to be close to impossible. Unless Granger takes us to the brink of a championship this season, he's likely going to be traded.

That is, if the front office is willing to make the tough calls like MEM just did.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    dumping an incredibly bad contract
    Getting incredibly weakened too btw.

Are we back to this? I thought you'd been totally shut down on this line of thinking.

Danny's career missed games: 4, 0, 2, 15, 20, 3, 4.

Some "knee issues."
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Are we back to this? I thought you'd been totally shut down on this line of thinking.

Danny's career missed games: 4, 0, 2, 15, 20, 3, 4.

Some "knee issues."

Man you love to argue with me don't you? send me your address so I can send you a picture of me with my autograph........

Danny missed team USA practice and qualifications few years ago because his knee was hurting, google it, yahoo it or whatever, he also didn't play some games at the end of the season last year before the playoffs because of it, you also forgot to ad 45+ games this year..
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-30-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Sports Logo

OK so at the end Memphis got a young piece (Ed Davis) a veteran (Prince) and an scrub (Daye) for a pretty good player that is healthy but making a bunch of money? yep I was been a homer when I came up with the Danny Granger trade proposal
    You forgot the part where Rudy Gay makes much more money than Danny Granger and the part that Danny is a far better shooter.
    Last edited by Nuntius; 01-30-2013 at 11:18 PM. Reason: typo
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Banned

Here is an article from 2009.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...-team-USA-camp

Now that his right knee and foot are almost fully healed, he expects to participate in the USA Basketball Men's National Team mini-camp July 22-25 in Las Vegas.

"I've been working it out, taking it slowly," Granger told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "I've made great strides to the point where I think I'm going to probably play in the USA camp."

Granger played limited minutes in the All-Star game because of a right knee injury, then missed 11 games with a torn tendon in his right foot. He averaged 28.4 points the final 15 games of the season, but said he was far from ideal health at the time. He rested for six to eight weeks after the season ended, and has only been in the gym the past few weeks.
    There you go.

edit: Here is another article from 2009:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...020802407.html

Monday, February 9, 2009
    Indiana F Danny Granger vowed not to let his aching right knee keep him from playing in his first all-star game.
    http://www.pacejmiller.com/2009/01/3...grangers-knee/

Apparently, the knee has been bothering him for a while, bad enough to cause him to miss workouts during the summer. He also says he’s been icing the knee during timeouts as of late. This might explain why his shooting has been off for quite a few games now.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-31-2013 at 12:37 AM.