Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 114

Thread: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member PaulGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    298

    Default TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/

    UPDATE: According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, sources indicate that one key hangup in the rumored Toronto-Memphis deal involving Rudy Gay is finding a third team to take Jose Calderon in the trade.

    Wojnarowki adds: "As for finding a spot for Calderon, yes, teams have interest in him. Yet how much are they willing to contribute to MEM-TOR in 3-way deal?"

    Which teams might make sense here? Dallas immediately comes to mind, given their desire to add a veteran point guard, but others like Boston and Utah both have a lot of trade chips and the need at point guard as well. They are three teams to watch here.

    ---
    Several teams would like to acquire Rudy Gay and the one at the front of the line is apparently the Toronto Raptors, reports ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

    According to Stein, the two teams are having active trade discussions. Toronto also has interest in Memphis' forward Darrell Arthur and their package to the Grizzlies could include Jose Calderon and Ed Davis.

    The Raptors reportedly have Kyle Lowry and Andrea Bargnani available, too.

    Memphis is now below the luxury tax line after the trade with Cleveland and they could stick with the current roster for the duration of this season.

    Gay's name has been linked with Boston, however the Grizzlies likely don't want the aging Paul Pierce.
    -----------------------------------

    Anyone interested in taking a shot at with Calderon. Who knows maybe he would resign with us since we're a top team in the East. Certainly would help us in the turnover category and also would bring veteran leadership.
    I'm a Beast

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    I wish the Pacers had something that could make a deal for Calderon work but they don't.

  3. #3
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish the Pacers had something that could make a deal for Calderon work but they don't.
    Thank god we dont

    Calderon is god awful toronto fans are ecstatic the team is trying to trade him.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:


  5. #4

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank god we dont

    Calderon is god awful toronto fans are ecstatic the team is trying to trade him.
    There's nothing to dislike about Calderon if the reference point is DJ Augustin...

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Looking like a season JB24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    Helllooo mediocrity. This is Colangelo clearly clutching at straws as his contract is up this summer.

  8. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
    League source confirms Memphis-Toronto discussions for Rudy Gay deal have reached ownership level. Two and three-team scenarios in play.

  9. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    ESPN sources say Dallas is other prime landing spot for Calderon, but I'm told Mavs reluctant to part with SF that Grizz want: Vince Carter
    Details

    9m Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    Third team not yet in stone but Pistons have had interest in Calderon all season & have two SFs to help MEM fill Gay void: Prince & Maggette


    OK so Pistons can get Calderon, interesting.

  10. #8
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish the Pacers had something that could make a deal for Calderon work but they don't.
    Man, I ask this question in a completely non-snarky way. What is it that you love so much about Calderon? Are you applying the same level of criticism to him that you do to Danny Granger? If he got here, would you stop liking him?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, I ask this question in a completely non-snarky way. What is it that you love so much about Calderon?
    I like him because he is a true point guard, floor general, clutch shooter and Olympic Champion, he knows how to control the tempo and knows how to make the right passes at the right time.

    Are you applying the same level of criticism to him that you do to Danny Granger?
    He is not going to be the face of the franchise or the highest pay player on the team.

    If he got here, would you stop liking him?
    Why would I stop liking him? just because you say so? I wanted Hill here and I like him, I wanted Barbosa here and I still like him and want him back, I would love to have Calderon here, yeah people complaint about his defense but his D is not as bad as people think.

  13. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    The money doesn't work here. Really no way for us to be the 3rd team and it will be a tough find for a good parter. A team like ORL would be a good fit since they have a TPE of course you would have to give them a pick for doing it though. Denver makes tons of sense too put they already have 2 good pg's. but they have the TPE that would work. I like the fit really he would look great in that style and Dre can play some SG so maybe it's possible. Portland is almost another perfect fit their bench is awful he would help it dramatically but I don't see Portland making a move they aren't contenders they need a defensive big in the worst way. It will be interesting to see who emerges as the 3rd team Cavs are my final dark horse again they would need to be compensated for taking him they have shown they like doing those type of deals.

  14. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    The best team out all those teams is Boston, they have Bass and other contracts that can be moved for Calderon.


    edit: Calderon+ Gray for Lee+Bass and Melo works, the Celtics starting unit would be Calderon, Bradley, Pierce, KG and Gray?
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-30-2013 at 12:01 AM.

  15. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The best team out all those teams is Boston, they have Bass and other contracts that can be moved for Calderon.


    edit: Calderon+ Gray for Lee+Bass and Melo works, the Celtics starting unit would be Calderon, Bradley, Pierce, KG and Gray?
    Would not take on Lee and Bass's contract if I am Memphis. I would just roll with Darrell Arthur personally and take Calderon and let him expire(if they are dead set on trading Gay). Should just keep Gay if they would accept a deal like that. It really makes no sense to trade Gay if you are just gonna get a few less superior guys on semi-bad contracts and for the market and team Memphis bad contracts. The whole point of Memphis getting a 3rd team is getting cheap guys so they wont have to pay the LT and ever really worry about it again.


    Not to mention in that scenario who would play the SF for Memphis?

  16. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would not take on Lee and Bass's contract if I am Memphis. I would just roll with Darrell Arthur personally and take Calderon and let him expire(if they are dead set on trading Gay). Should just keep Gay if they would accept a deal like that. It really makes no sense to trade Gay if you are just gonna get a few less superior guys on semi-bad contracts and for the market and team Memphis bad contracts. The whole point of Memphis getting a 3rd team is getting cheap guys so they wont have to pay the LT and ever really worry about it again.


    Not to mention in that scenario who would play the SF for Memphis?
    My bad I was talking about an straight deal with Toronto and Boston, for some reason I forgot to think about Memphis

  17. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The money doesn't work here. Really no way for us to be the 3rd team and it will be a tough find for a good parter. A team like ORL would be a good fit since they have a TPE of course you would have to give them a pick for doing it though. Denver makes tons of sense too put they already have 2 good pg's. but they have the TPE that would work. I like the fit really he would look great in that style and Dre can play some SG so maybe it's possible. Portland is almost another perfect fit their bench is awful he would help it dramatically but I don't see Portland making a move they aren't contenders they need a defensive big in the worst way. It will be interesting to see who emerges as the 3rd team Cavs are my final dark horse again they would need to be compensated for taking him they have shown they like doing those type of deals.
    I almost named the pistons but thought there is no way Memphis would allow Maggtee on their team. Almost kills their chances luckily they still have Zbo and Gasol

  18. #15

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost named the pistons but thought there is no way Memphis would allow Maggtee on their team. Almost kills their chances luckily they still have Zbo and Gasol
    It'd be Prince, not Maggette.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:


  20. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It'd be Prince, not Maggette.
    That makes a ton of sense for Detroit and a lot better than Maggetee for the Grizz.

  21. #17
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,954

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    Jose Calderon is a good player but he would be a terrible fit here. Besides, I would be afraid of Hill's health if Calderon came here as a back up. It seems that every PG that plays ahead of him gets injured somehow.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  22. #18
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,611

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    I'll take Terrence Ross.

  23. #19
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,954

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll take Terrence Ross.
    They're not parting ways with Ross, though.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  25. #20
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,611

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're not parting ways with Ross, though.
    I know, but it's fun to dream.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:


  27. #21
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,954

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know, but it's fun to dream.
    It surely is
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  28. #22
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,833

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    Well, if we're dreaming...I'd love to be on the receiving end of the Ed Davis trade.

    Although, Calderon would be a good addition. We need a true PG. I don't care if his D isn't that good. Hill's D is at best average, and he could log more time as a combo guard, his best position.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:


  30. #23

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, if we're dreaming...I'd love to be on the receiving end of the Ed Davis trade.

    Although, Calderon would be a good addition. We need a true PG. I don't care if his D isn't that good. Hill's D is at best average, and he could log more time as a combo guard, his best position.

    I'd rather have Memphis' Arthur.

    I hear ya, just not sure Jose is the PG. Vasquez, otoh, is another story.

  31. #24
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,954

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need a true PG.
    Nope. Our system and roster are horrible fits for a true PG.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  33. #25
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,746

    Default Re: TOR/MEM looking for a 3rd team in trade.

    We should not deal with Memphis anymore - they'll probably get cold feet (again) and not go through with any trade they orally agree to.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Similar Threads

  1. Trade talk: Team by team
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 11:16 PM
  2. 9 Team Trade
    By PacersForever in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 10:28 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 09:20 AM
  4. Team-By-Team Trade Outlook
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-20-2011, 08:11 PM
  5. Chad Ford: Team-by-team trade evaluation [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 09:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •