Thread: Sixers have to go through Miami to get to us...

Default Sixers have to go through Miami to get to us...

The Sixers have a tough game against Miami tomorrow night, and then they have to travel to Indy to play us on Friday. This is obviously a must win for both us and Philly. They are going to be tired, while we'll have fresh legs. However, they are still fighting for a P'off berth AND they have to play NJ on Sun. You know NJ is going to bring it 'cause they still have a chance to get in, and beating the Sixers is part of the key. So, how do you think the Pacer/Sixer game will go? Do you think that Philly will be wiped out from Miami? Or do you think that they will bring it while we might relax a bit now that we are in the P'offs?

I think we really have to win all of our remaining games if we have any chance at home court against the Bulls. It's possible that we could drop back to 6th and perhaps get homecourt against the Celtics.

Friday's game is gonna be another playoff level game, that's for sure.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Default Re: Sixers have to go through Miami to get to us...

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_Pacerfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we really have to win all of our remaining games if we have any chance at home court against the Bulls. It's possible that we could drop back to 6th and perhaps get homecourt against the Celtics.
    We are one game behind the Bulls. If we win all our remaining games that means we beat the Bulls in the final game of the season. We would then get homecourt on tiebreaks (if the bulls don't lose any other games.)

In other words we control our own destiny. Much like New Jersey did until Reggie blew them away.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Philly may very well lose 3 in a row, meaning that NJ still has a decent shot at making the playoffs.

I'd take a Miami-NJ matchup in the playoffs. I think NY could give the Heat fits, as long as they can hold Shaq under 30 or so.

And I'd also take a Cleveland-Detroit matchup. They are capable of giving the Pistons a few troubles.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There is no chance in hell that we sweep the Heat, unless (and this is a big UNLESS) Shaq and/or Wade don't play. And even then, we may still lose. They're just due.

With that said, I expect us to win our other remaining games, to finish 46-36. I think the Bulls will finish 45-37.

_PD_

Well, here's my 2

Given: We must beat the bulls to have any chance. That makes us 2-2 and it goes to the second tiebreaker which chicago has over us by a game.

I think the bulls have at least as good a chance of winning 3 of their last 4 as we do.
    We play PHL-@MIA-@ORL-CHI. They play ORL-@ATL-NY-@IND.
    What two games are the bulls going to lose?

Even if we win all 4 games and the bulls win 3, we still are tied 2-2, same record in conference, and same record in division. I'll leave it to the real stat dweebs to figure out who wins in the next tiebreaker which is record against playoff teams in the conference.

The fact is, the bulls control their own destiny , even if they lose to us they may still win the tiebreaker. We do not control our destiny , even if we manage to beat them, maybe even if we win all 4 games.

NotLosingButWinning

Quote Originally Posted by _PD_
    Well, here's my 2

Given: We must beat the bulls to have any chance. That makes us 2-2 and it goes to the second tiebreaker which chicago has over us by a game.

I think the bulls have at least as good a chance of winning 3 of their last 4 as we do.
    We play PHL-@MIA-@ORL-CHI. They play ORL-@ATL-NY-@IND.
    What two games are the bulls going to lose?

Even if we win all 4 games and the bulls win 3, we still are tied 2-2, same record in conference, and same record in division. I'll leave it to the real stat dweebs to figure out who wins in the next tiebreaker which is record against playoff teams in the conference.

The fact is, the bulls control their own destiny , even if they lose to us they may still win the tiebreaker. We do not control our destiny , even if we manage to beat them, maybe even if we win all 4 games.
    if we win out and tie with the bulls, we will own the tiebreaker because we will have a better division record. right now both teams are 8-7 and the only game left for both teams in the divsion is vs each other.

_PD_

Quote Originally Posted by NotLosingButWinning
    if we win out and tie with the bulls, we will own the tiebreaker because we will have a better division record. right now both teams are 8-7 and the only game left for both teams in the divsion is vs each other.
    Good catch !! Yeah, it really boils down to us beating them. If we lose to say Miami, then bulls have to lose as well and I just don't think that's likely. Hope for the best.

ImReppinBtown

Is Shaq going to play tonight?

So... Who still wants us to play for a high draft pick??? Anybody? Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by gniknave
    So... Who still wants us to play for a high draft pick??? Anybody? Huh?
    You say that after we clinch a playoff spot..... ?