Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A week ago the Pacers hadn't lost 3 in a row. They have lost 4 out of the last 6 games, and b/c I am not setting great expectations, I need to get a grip!
    And the Pacers lost 3 games in a row in early November! Gasp! How's the rest of the season gone for the Pacers?

You want to know which teams haven't lost at least 3 in a row yet - Miami, Oklahoma City, San Antonio. Even the mighty Heat have had a 4-6 stretch this season.

There are only two posters that are still equating the suggestion that Granger's return will be beneficial for the Pacers, to somehow mean Granger will solve all the problems and make the Pacers instant favorites. You are one of the two. Yes, get a grip.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bunt For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I heard the statement that it is hard to beat the Jazz on their court after the Pacers lost to them Saturday. I noticed in todays box scores that Houston beat the Jazz in Salt Lake by "45" points. 125-80 SMH

I'm being to wonder if some of Midcoat post yesterday is not that far off about the Pacers.
    It's still only their 4th loss there of the season.

Bottom line, no matter how dominant you are at home, you're eventually going to lose a game. Whether it's by 45, or its by 1 point, it all counts the same in the standings.

I heard the statement that it is hard to beat the Jazz on their court after the Pacers lost to them Saturday. I noticed in todays box scores that Houston beat the Jazz in Salt Lake by "45" points. 125-80 SMH

I'm being to wonder if some of Midcoat post yesterday is not that far off about the Pacers.
    Just doing a quick check, only once in the past 7 seasons have the Jazz not have one of the top 7 home records in the league. I think it's reasonable to say the Jazz are typically hard to beat on their home court.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bunt For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post

Just doing a quick check, only once in the past 7 seasons have the Jazz not have one of the top 7 home records in the league. I think it's reasonable to say the Jazz are typically hard to beat on their home court.
    Thanks for the 7 year info. I was just surprised to see the Jazz lose by "45", especially by Houston.

Thanks for the 7 year info. I was just surprised to see the Jazz lose by "45", especially by Houston.
    You can see a 45 point beat down when it's IU vs Bryant. But in the NBA? Yeesh. They certainly waved the white flags in that one.

It's not even the implication of title favorites. It's the implication of EC/NBA finals contenders. This team is a challenger to the Heat. Meaning in a group of lesser teams playing for the honor of losing to them at some point in the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very much enjoying the successful season in terms of record and play-off seeding contention. But, I just don't see a legitimate threat to the heat with Granger added. Only if not only Granger returns to near top form, but numerous others raise their play significantly and we learn how to run offense.

DG's return probably will improve us, but just not to the level I really want, which is simply frustrating given all the off-season improvement hoopla. Alas, we didn't add squat to push us closer to true contenders. Although we did manage to overpay to average to slightly above average players.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Sports Logo

IF ONLY most posters expected Granger to be better than Green, Augustin, OJ, etc, I wouldn't have posted my comments.
    And yet you did post those pots. If Granger comes back and is better than Green, Augustin, OJ etc. then that would fix our shooting woes, wouldn't it? If we fix our shooting woes, we will win some more games, won't we?

Chicago has a tough stretch and we have a homestand. We already know that the team is great at home. Our home record proves that. So, a lot of home games coupled with a bit better shooting will probably equal a winning streak, won't it?

Pacers winning streak (due to home games and better shooting) + Bulls losing streak (due to tougher schedule) = Pacers move up in the standings

As others have noted we're 2.5 games behind the #2 seed. Do you find it unfathomable that the Pacers could move up in the standings during that winning streak?

I cannot say what will happen after February but we cannot ignore the fact that we have a quite favorable schedule in February.

and the point is posters need to quit feeling Granger is going to be coming back close to being himself.
    Care to elaborate why you feel that he will be nowhere close to being himself? I have explained my viewpoint on Danny's injury several times and I'd love to listen to yours.

That when he comes back he'll be THE ANSWER to Pacers being a top contender.
    Define "top contender". I don't think that the majority of the posters here think that with Granger we will reach the level of Miami and OKC. I think that they just think that we will be able to challenge them and reach the level of Memphis. Personally, my expectation at the start of the season was the ECF. This has not changed yet. Last year my expectation was the 2nd round. It turned out to be true. So, I'll ride my expectations as I don't see any reason to change them.

I can guarantee the posting on PD will get ugly.
    The posting is already ugly. It turns ugly after every losing streak. In fact, you can see some traces of that level of ugly after every single loss and sometimes even when we trail during games.

And the people that make the posting on PD ugly are not the ones you are implying. You know well which people make it ugly

He's coming off an injury. An injury that could put extreme limitations on what Granger can do. Forbid the thought that the problem could re-occur.
    Granger has patellar tendinosis. It is also known as patellar tendinitis, patellar tendinopathy and jumper's knee.

Here's what wikipedia says about the injury -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patellar_tendinitis

Here's an article in a physical therapy journal -> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2971642/

Here's another article -> http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/pate...llartendon.htm

Here's a forum discussion in LetsRun.com (a website specialized in track and field) -> http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_re...thread=3139566

Read about the injury. Study it. Try to understand it.

It's not an injury per se. It's a condition. Yes, it is chronic. Yes, it can cause other problems. But it is completely treatable. We should be worried if it required injury. But it didn't.

There is no reason to assume that he will be a bench player from now on.

My expectations are low, and anything else is just icing on the cake.
    Your expectations are low because you are afraid that you will be disappointed. I understand it. It is apparent that a certain portion of the Pacers fan base feels that the team has betrayed them. They feel that they have been lied to (as vnzla mentioned earlier this season).

But is this a reason to attack the part of the fan base that does not share this viewpoint?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

It is hard to beat the Jazz in Salt Lake City. There is a reason that Utah is 15 - 5 on their court with wins over San Antonio and Miami. It is important to note that this was Utah's most lopsided loss in their history (previous one was a 33 point loss against Milwaukee in 1980) and the 5th worst loss overall in franchise history.

In other words, that wasn't a game that is going to happen very often.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014