Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 209

Thread: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

  1. #76
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,787

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol listen to the homers on this board... George clearly fouled Iggy at the end of the game, and anyone who disagrees is a straight up homer.

    No he did not. Not in that situation . That was the wrong call and you know I never complain about the refs

  2. #77
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,542

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Meanwhile, if Gallinari pushed off, how/why was he falling backwards. Your physics doesn't make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you push off a wall, do you move, or does the wall move?
    The physics makes sense as LG33 says. Were PG's feet not planted on the ground, with him standing his ground so he could still contest the shot, he would have moved backwards. And why would Gallo be pushing off? Probably to create space for a step-back fadeaway shot. Which is what happened. There wasn't enough contact to warrant a foul call anyway, Gallo initiated the contact but it wasn't enough to move his defender.

  3. #78

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    ...nope doesn't cut

    ..there that's better
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

    @LetsTalkPacers

  4. #79
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,403

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember both, I still believe that both fouls were fouls and not make-up calls.
    That's fine, but don't quote me with some ******** retort about the refs making **** up to help the Pacers then. That straw man **** is weak.

  5. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you are totally right but I don't think that's a call you make with less than a second left and tie game. Not enough contact to call a game deciding foul in that situation.
    It was enough contact for Iguadola to fall, if there is anybody to blame for that foul let's blame the right person and that person is Paul George, he should have known that Denver's only option was to call a play like that.

  6. #81
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lets hope. I don't like how they mentally check out at times.
    other than the portland game where Aldrigdge went off.. the effort was there. the jazz game we fought hard and this game vs Denver we fought hard. its not enough i will agree. but the team is young. still no excuse.

    but i do believe the bigger picture is the playoffs and we need Granger to make any noise. the home games in Feb will help to catch ground. if Granger can stay healthy... big if then we got a fighters chance to get to the ECF.

    * lets not take that for granted considering we have been close to losing the Pacers. along with this being a small team we are competing with Miami, NY, Brooklyn, and Chicago.
    Last edited by PacersPride; 01-29-2013 at 12:05 AM.

  7. #82
    Member BobbyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homeless Traveler
    Posts
    1,170
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    1. The game was a good game between two good teams.
    2. Pacers should have gotten a better break from the refs.
    3. In the NBA it's hard to beat a good team at home.
    4. No reason to be real upset over the loses on the road.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:


  9. #83
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,222

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was enough contact for Iguadola to fall, if there is anybody to blame for that foul let's blame the right person and that person is Paul George, he should have known that Denver's only option was to call a play like that.
    I thought Iguadola initiated a little as well. I would have swallowed the whistle.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  11. #84

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was enough contact for Iguadola to fall, if there is anybody to blame for that foul let's blame the right person and that person is Paul George, he should have known that Denver's only option was to call a play like that.
    That's the thing, the little contact that Paul George actually made with Iggy wasn't what made him fall.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gold For This Useful Post:


  13. #85
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,444

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    And I'll say it 'cause I'm that crazy. Not playing Green is hurting our defense.
    Its not crazy, I've said it in the other threads that just trash Green. He is actually a decent defender and alters alot of shots with his athleticism. He causes havoc when rotating from the weak side to challenge shots.

    Pacers are on an obvious downward trend since Green has seen his minutes reduced and then benched. Shot selection can be controlled with coaching. Vogel gave up too soon.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  15. #86
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,542

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Denver played like they always plays.....the Pacers not showing up until the end of the game is not good.
    Well, we held Denver to just under their season average while scoring 10 points more than our average. We were basically even in rebounding to the no. 1 team in the NBA, we shot 11 of 23 from 3 point range. We played well. The fact that their big run came in the ende of the third and ours came in the fourth is pretty irrelevant IMO.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  17. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's fine, but don't quote me with some ******** retort about the refs making **** up to help the Pacers then. That straw man **** is weak.
    My point is that a foul is a foul (like the Cleveland game) and the same foul happened today, the only difference is that the Pacers didn't have enough time to call a similar play and probably get a foul, it was the right call Paul George fouled Iguadola.

  18. #88
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its not crazy, I've said it in the other threads that just trash Green. He is actually a decent defender and alters alot of shots with his athleticism. He causes havoc when rotating from the weak side to challenge shots.

    Pacers are on an obvious downward trend since Green has seen his minutes reduced and then benched. Shot selection can be controlled with coaching. Vogel gave up too soon.
    are you serious man. Greene has sucked for most the season. he needs to find his shot. if we are dependent upon Gerald Greene off the bench to win us games then im mailing in the season.

    Greene needs to find his jumpshot before he sees any more meaningfull playing time.

  19. #89
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,542

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My point is that a foul is a foul (like the Cleveland game) and the same foul happened today, the only difference is that the Pacers didn't have enough time to call a similar play and probably get a foul, it was the right call Paul George fouled Iguadola.
    Except it wasn't a foul, it was incidental contact that didn't affect Iguodala's attempt at the ball. If PG wasn't there, that pass would have still been too high and way for Iggy to handle.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  21. #90
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,403

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its not crazy, I've said it in the other threads that just trash Green. He is actually a decent defender and alters alot of shots with his athleticism. He causes havoc when rotating from the weak side to challenge shots.

    Pacers are on an obvious downward trend since Green has seen his minutes reduced and then benched. Shot selection can be controlled with coaching. Vogel gave up too soon.
    Is the problem that D.J. Augustin is getting too many minutes? Or is Orlando Johnson simply not ready to play good enough defense (individual and/or team) to make up for Green's absence?

  22. #91
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    -snip- he should have known that Denver's only option was to call a play like that.
    Right. Because the refs took 0.7 seconds away from Denver at the other end of the court. In a tie game. After consecutive plays in which they "let them play".

    Isn't that what most of you want? Don't call fouls in the last minute and "let them play."

    With 0.5 left I felt really good about our chances of OT. Don't put the refs in a position where they can make a foul call. He wasn't going to score at the rim there (IMO, of course) but DON'T make contact and give them a chance to make the call.

    EDIT - and certainly DON'T make contact after you just wasted a possession in the last thirty seconds of a tie game with lousy ball handing in order to attempt a three-point shot. (Did he know the score was tied... at either end of the court?)

    Not impressed with Paul George's game-awareness tonight.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


  24. #92
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,703

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was anyone watching nbatv? What did they say about the call
    They think that PG was fouled by Iggy in that last possesion by PG24.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  25. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the thing, the little contact that Paul George actually made with Iggy wasn't what made him fall.
    Oh yes it was, Iguadola was in the air, any contact would have make him fall, Paul George was lost he didn't know were Iguadola was and was using his arms to find him, it was Paul George's fault for following Iguadola instead of wait for him by the rim.

  26. #94
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,542

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    are you serious man. Greene has sucked for most the season. he needs to find his shot. if we are dependent upon Gerald Greene off the bench to win us games then im mailing in the season.

    Greene needs to find his jumpshot before he sees any more meaningfull playing time.
    The things Green did consistently well don't show up in the stat sheet. We lose a LOT on defense by having Augustin/OJ absorb his 20 minutes.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  28. #95
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Ok. I settled down a little bit. First, we can not keep getting down late in ball games on the road and just storming back. That is a losing cause 95% of the time, and we have seen it twice on this road trip. I don't know what is up with our defense, but it certainly is frustrating. (Gerald Green?) Also, George Hill seems to miss the most clutch FT's. He missed the one against Memphis(luckily we win that game), and he misses a huge one here. If that FT goes in, we regain the lead. Also, that Paul George 3 was about 3 millimeters away from going in. Onto our last possession of the game, that was so bad. I thought Hibbert was going to turn the Ball over to start us off. Then PG literally holds it until there is 1 second on the shot clock. It was almost like he didn't know the shot clock was still on. He got fouled, but that doesn't explain why Vogel had drawn up such a horrible play. On the other end, I have to say that you don't make that call at the end of the game. Iggy pulled Paul and it was really just incidental contact.


    Losing sucks, but at the end of the season, this game probably won't end up mattering.

  29. #96
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Alright.

    There is no way I can rationally try to word how FURIOUS I am at the way this game (and the Utah game) ended at the hands of the refs.

    So I will just say two things:

    First of all: Everyone saying that the calls to end this game and the calls to end the Utah game were correct... You are WRONG. Sorry, that's a fact.

    Secondly: As a lifelong Green Bay Packer fan (born and raised in WI), you can all probably imagine my level of frustration and heartache over dumbass botched ref calls in recent months.

    I've NEVER, once in my entire life been as upset at a sporting event call as I was during the GB/Sea game. It took me weeks to get over that, and it STILL boils my blood to think about it.

    As bad as that was... I can honestly say that the treatment the Pacers have received the last two games is in that same category.

    Completely and utterly ROBBED.

    We deserve better than this, you piece of **** NBA refs.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  31. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Personally, I think no call should have been made. Not with incidental contact at 0:00.5. But, I can't really complain with the way it was called. The only thing that would have been totally wrong would have been a foul called against Igoudala.

    I would say that there were instances during the last 3-4 minutes of the game where substantially more contact was made on a ball handler without a call being made.

    Consistency of foul calls for contact was a problem in this game... both ways.

  32. #98
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,542

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    For ppl calling us homers:

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...0-PM-ET/page15



    Nuggets fans don't even think it was a foul.

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  34. #99
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,703

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is the problem that D.J. Augustin is getting too many minutes? Or is Orlando Johnson simply not ready to play good enough defense (individual and/or team) to make up for Green's absence?
    I agree here......I hate the DJ/GH backcourt for extended periods of time. Regardless of how poorly Lance is doing....I'd always go with a GH/Lance backcourt before resorting to extended minutes with a DJ/GH backcourt.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  35. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Guys we should stop talking about the referees and start talking about the team, wtf is wrong with this team? 3 straight losses, it looks like they forgot how to play D, Roy is still puke Roy, the offense is still crappy must of the time, George Hill is playing like crap too.

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/OKC POSTGAME THREAD
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 04:08 AM
  2. Pacers/Nuggets postgame
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 12-08-2012, 06:32 PM
  3. Pacers/NY postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 08:06 AM
  4. Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 02-12-2012, 01:18 PM
  5. Replies: 203
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 02:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •