Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 209

Thread: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

  1. #51
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,172

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by oxxo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What?

    Gallinari was if anything an offensive foul. He pushed off and still got blocked.

    Mishandling of the clock has nothing to do with officiating.

    Bad coaching has nothing to do with officiating.

    Horrible calls are horrible calls. Trying to justify it with anything else that happened in the game is silly.

    Every game has horrible calls. Pacers horrible decision making is mostly responsible for this loss. Lets blame it on the officials and pretend the Pacers don't have real issues right now.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know the difference? The play before, LeBron had gone to the foul line with the same call on Granger.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only after they called in on Danny Granger. It was a make-up call then. Also, it wouldn't make it right.
    Ok so next time they need to make some s*** up so the Pacers can shoot two free throws? got it.

  4. #53
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,526

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which bad officiating? The missed foul call against George at the 0:27 mark? (With the body, on the Galanari block)

    The mishandling of the clock when George coughed up the ball? Could've been a charge, too. Denver had between 0.5 and 0.7 seconds taken away because the refs "didn't acknowledge the time-out."

    The bad coaching that took the ball out of Hill's hands on the last offensive possession? That's just not a situation where you want Paul Handles George dribbling the ball period. That situation calls for a Hill-West pick and roll.

    The bad decision to start the last play so late in the shot clock that the only thing he could have been going for -- in a tie game -- was a three-pointer.

    The ref's are barely in the top-ten reasons we lost this game.

    Quit looking outside the losing team for someone to be irked it. The refs don't deserve that anger tonight. The Pacers do.
    You know we only lost the game by 1 point right? There are literally millions of points during the game where a minor deviation could have given or taken an extra 2 points away. The difference is that this one sequence of egregious calls happened with under 15 seconds left and almost singlehandedly (Iguodala still had to make the shot) determined the margin of the game.

    If Paul George doesn't trip going up to contest the pass inbounds he is considered to be going for the ball and we go to overtime. However, he did and didn't lift, and the light contact is interpreted to be a foul.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  6. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every game has horrible calls. Pacers horrible decision making is mostly responsible for this loss. Lets blame it on the officials and pretend the Pacers don't have real issues right now.
    Yep.

  7. #55
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok so next time they need to make some s*** up so the Pacers can shoot two free throws? got it.
    Why do you never get upset after losses?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  9. #56
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,906

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every game has horrible calls. Pacers horrible decision making is mostly responsible for this loss. Lets blame it on the officials and pretend the Pacers don't have real issues right now.
    It's not one or the other. The Pacers have problems AND that was a horrible call to end the game.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Magic P For This Useful Post:


  11. #57
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    That play call to send Danny up for the lob after Lebron hit the free throws may have been JOB's best moment here as coach.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  13. #58
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there anybody that still thinks Hibbert is a max player?
    im sure there are teams right now that would still offer Roy near max. 7 footers are not cheap. ask again when Roys contract expires and i can give you a definitive response. right now the jury is still out. i see the flaws i see the strengths. most center do develop later than other positions.

    i still believe Hibbs will be a great benefit in the playoffs when it becomes half court basketball which is how this team is geared to win and i think its too our significant advantage.

    i always felt like the Colts were built to win in the regular season. The Pacers are built to win in the playoffs. With defense and team basketball.

  14. #59
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,526

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And that was a foul on Paul George.
    In the context of this game, if the contact PG created was enough to warrant a foul call then both teams would have run out of players before the fourth quarter even started.

  15. #60
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by oxxo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What?

    Gallinari was if anything an offensive foul. He pushed off and still got blocked.

    Mishandling of the clock has nothing to do with officiating.

    Bad coaching has nothing to do with officiating.

    Horrible calls are horrible calls. Trying to justify it with anything else that happened in the game is silly.
    And I think the bad coaching and bad play from the Pacers in the last 25 seconds had more to do with the loss than the officiating did.

    Meanwhile, if Gallinari pushed off, how/why was he falling backwards. Your physics doesn't make sense.

    And you might be the first person -- certainly the first one since they starting allowing replay to fix clock issues -- to remove the blame from the refs for the mishandled clock. If you didn't catch the Nuggets announcers, I understand the refs explicitly told the Denver coaching staff that even though Iggy was signaling the timeout at 0:01.2, they wouldn't change the clock because they didn't "acknowledge" it until 0:00.5. So how can you say the officials didn't "cost" both teams 0.7 at the end. In fact...

    If the officials had not screwed Denver with the clock situation, Iggy probably could not have gone for the intentional miss with 0:00.4 remaining. There would have been closer to 0:01.1 remaining - although its unlikely then that the Nuggets would have run the exact same play to the rim. So I guess you could also say the ref's screwed the Pacers by screwing the Nuggets first?

    Either way...

    The worst call of the night was the coaching decision to put the ball in George's hands instead of Hill-West for the last possession.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  16. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


  17. #61
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    That wasn't just a bad call it was the wrong call

  18. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,393

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok so next time they need to make some s*** up so the Pacers can shoot two free throws? got it.
    You're not understanding what I said. I said it was a make-up call and it wasn't the right call.

    You pointed out that the refs made a call that favored the Pacers while ignoring the same exact call on the other end favoring the Cavaliers. I don't know how you can remember one and forget the other one.

  19. #63

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Lol listen to the homers on this board... George clearly fouled Iggy at the end of the game, and anyone who disagrees is a straight up homer.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:


  21. #64
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you never get upset after losses?
    i know where your going with this and i completely agree.

  22. #65
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,172

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not one or the other. The Pacers have problems AND that was a horrible call to end the game.

    I agree but they way the Pacers are playing right now concerns me far more than the loss. I think they really regressed as a team on this trip.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  24. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,393

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meanwhile, if Gallinari pushed off, how/why was he falling backwards. Your physics doesn't make sense.
    When you push off a wall, do you move, or does the wall move?

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  26. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you never get upset after losses?
    I do but I'm not going to blame the referees because I'm mad, the majority of the team played like crap, the Pacers front court was slow as s*** and was not able to keep up with their guys, the Pacers defense was bad, that last Iso call for Paul George was horrible, Pacers got lucky Denver let them be that close anyway.

  27. #68
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Was anyone watching nbatv? What did they say about the call

  28. #69
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,172

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol listen to the homers on this board... George clearly fouled Iggy at the end of the game, and anyone who disagrees is a straight up homer.

    I think you are totally right but I don't think that's a call you make with less than a second left and tie game. Not enough contact to call a game deciding foul in that situation.

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  30. #70
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,566

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The flip side of that is that our opposition didn't really play any better. I can't talk for the Utah game, but I felt this game was fairly officiated until the final two possessions.
    Denver played like they always plays.....the Pacers not showing up until the end of the game is not good.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  31. #71
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are you even talking about?
    Admittedly, I was listening to Denver's announcers.

    Paul George "probably" fouled Gallanari on the shot at 0:26.9. In their view, that no-call and the no-call at 0.01.5 when George and Iggy bumped were offsetting no-calls. EDIT - I thought, the way Paul lowered his shoulder and extended his arm that he was lucky to get out of that contact with a no-call.

    They were then livid at the mishandling of the clock, as it didn't stop until 0:00.5 because the refs waited a half-second to 0.7 of a second to "acknowledge" the timeout Denver was calling. Seriously. How do you mess that up when the shot and game clocks are both showing "tenths" and you wait a half-second before acknowledging a time out? Ouch.

    I'm just saying, blame the Pacers not the referees for this one. Two questionable-to-bad calls went our way in the last 30 seconds, too. And none of those had anything to do with the wretched play Paul George didn't run with ten seconds remaining.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  32. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


  33. #72
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,906

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was anyone watching nbatv? What did they say about the call
    They haven't showed the highlights yet.

  34. #73
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree but they way the Pacers are playing right now concerns me far more than the loss. I think they really regressed as a team on this trip.
    home cooking and the return of Granger will help this team surge into the playoffs

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:


  36. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're not understanding what I said. I said it was a make-up call and it wasn't the right call.

    You pointed out that the refs made a call that favored the Pacers while ignoring the same exact call on the other end favoring the Cavaliers. I don't know how you can remember one and forget the other one.
    I remember both, I still believe that both fouls were fouls and not make-up calls.

  37. #75
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,172

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Postgame Thread 1/28/13

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    home cooking and the return of Granger will help this team surge into the playoffs

    Lets hope. I don't like how they mentally check out at times.

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/OKC POSTGAME THREAD
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 04:08 AM
  2. Pacers/Nuggets postgame
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 12-08-2012, 06:32 PM
  3. Pacers/NY postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 08:06 AM
  4. Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 02-12-2012, 01:18 PM
  5. Replies: 203
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 02:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •