Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Super Bowl Predictions

  1. #1
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,897

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Super Bowl Predictions

    49ers 24 Ravens 21
    "We want Miami"

  2. #2
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    Ravens 19, 49ers 16. OT? Maybe.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  3. #3

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    Niners 31
    Ravens 20

    The Niners have better weapons on O and a better D overall, I think.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  4. #4
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    I predict that I turn it off about half way through the 2nd quarter...

  5. #5
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,617

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I predict that I turn it off about half way through the 2nd quarter...
    Why? I'm kind of looking forward to watching a Super Bowl where I won't have a rooting interest. For every Super Bowl from 03/04 - 11/12, I either rooted for the Colts or whoever was playing New England or Pittsburgh. For once, I really don't care that much. I prefer San Francisco because Jim Harbaugh was a good Colt, but I really won't care if Baltimore wins. They don't bother me like New England or Pitt. I'm just looking forward to a good competitive game.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  7. #6
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For once, I really don't care that much.
    That's my reason too. I don't care who wins. I have to have some sort of interest in it to watch it.

  8. #7
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,617

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's my reason too. I don't care who wins. I have to have some sort of interest in it to watch it.
    It being an NFL football game to decide the championship is more than enough to lure me in. To each his own though.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  10. #8
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    Niners by 5.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  11. #9
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,120
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    49ers 31
    Ravens 27
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  12. #10
    Our hero! GrangerRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    29
    Posts
    951

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    I'd be surprised if either team scores as much as some people have predicted in this thread.

  13. #11

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    This cover photo bothers me.

    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  15. #12
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,232

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    Want SF to win it but I have a hunch Baltimore will end up winners. Think it will be a very tight game that will be decided by no more than 3 points.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  16. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,316

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This cover photo bothers me.
    Yep, that's why I'll be slightly pulling for the 49ers.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  18. #14
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,617

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, that's why I'll be slightly pulling for the 49ers.
    I respect Ray Lewis the player, but the self-righteous God talk gets old, IMHO.

    I'm rooting for San Francisco too, but the Ravens winning wouldn't annoy me near as much as a Patriots or Steelers Super Bowl win.

  19. #15
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    23
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    Niners 27
    Ravens 17

  20. #16
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I predict that I turn it off about half way through the 2nd quarter...
    I probably won't turn it on until the 4th quarter and then only watch if it is really close.

    Anyone watch the entire pregame show? I remember when I was young like 10 years old I would watch every second of the pregame show - of course way back then it was only 90 minutes long - shorter than ESPN's weekly pregame show.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 01-30-2013 at 03:32 PM.

  21. #17
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    I entered Irsay's Super Bowl contest.

    Said the Niners win by 7, first player to score would be 49ers RB Frank Gore, the Super Bowl MVP would be Frank Gore.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  22. #18
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,519

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    I am only rooting for the 49ers because I feel obligated to John Harbaugh for 1995. Not that Harbaugh will ever know or care who I am, but those are the eccentric things about being a sports fan I guess.

    Realistically I think SF 27 Balt 16 is likely.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  24. #19
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,617

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am only rooting for the 49ers because I feel obligated to John Harbaugh for 1995. Not that Harbaugh will ever know or care who I am, but those are the eccentric things about being a sports fan I guess.

    Realistically I think SF 27 Balt 16 is likely.

    Exactly. How can a Colts fan not root for a guy who was instrumental in the greatest Indianapolis Colts run before the Manning era?

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  26. #20
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am only rooting for the 49ers because I feel obligated to John Harbaugh for 1995. Not that Harbaugh will ever know or care who I am, but those are the eccentric things about being a sports fan I guess.

    Realistically I think SF 27 Balt 16 is likely.
    John coaches Baltimore...
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  27. #21
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    People out here will be happier if the Niners win. So thats a plus. I think they will too. Looking at the offenses that Baltimore has overcome, none are like SF. Kapernick is a whole new problem for them. And Frank Gore is by far the best back they will have gone against.

  28. #22

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    I predict media overkill on the Harbaughs, mind-numbingly boring pre-game show - over-hyping what will probably turn out to be a boring game with a horrible halftime show.

  29. #23
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,232

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    I am rooting for the 49ers cause I like Kaep, as you said Jim Harbaugh played for the Colts but tbh I hate Ray Lewis with a passion and his antics. So it was a really easy choice for me.

    On a side not, regardless if Baltimore wins it or not, do you see Flacco getting paid heavily in the off season either by renewing his contract with the Ravens or by testing the free agency?
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  30. #24
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,617

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am rooting for the 49ers cause I like Kaep, as you said Jim Harbaugh played for the Colts but tbh I hate Ray Lewis with a passion and his antics. So it was a really easy choice for me.

    On a side not, regardless if Baltimore wins it or not, do you see Flacco getting paid heavily in the off season either by renewing his contract with the Ravens or by testing the free agency?

    I think the Ravens will give him a big contract. What's their alternative? He has been tremendous in the playoffs over the course of his career and has completely outplayed Tom Brady in two consecutive AFC Championship games. He also outplayed Manning this year. He has been shaky in the regular season at times, but so has Eli and look at the coin Eli makes.

  31. #25
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the Ravens will give him a big contract. What's their alternative? He has been tremendous in the playoffs over the course of his career and has completely outplayed Tom Brady in two consecutive AFC Championship games. He also outplayed Manning this year. He has been shaky in the regular season at times, but so has Eli and look at the coin Eli makes.
    yeah but Eli's got 2 rings. Flacco needs to win the SB to get that deal imo.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Super Bowl Thread
    By idioteque in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 06:58 PM
  2. What a disappointing Super Bowl
    By Shade in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 02:42 AM
  3. Super Bowl Memorabilia
    By Natston in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 09:41 PM
  4. Super Bowl XLI Predictions
    By Shade in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 12:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •