Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bosh think he is already a hall of famer

Banned

Default Bosh think he is already a hall of famer

This guy is on crack lol

@si_nba: 8-time all-star Bosh: 'I've been a Hall of Famer' http://t.co/3TmDFCaN

Default Re: Bosh think he is already a hall of famer

Don't you think that he will be?

As the article you linked says, "The only eligible player in history with eight or more NBA All-Star selections who is not in the Hall is eight-time pick Larry Foust, a center who averaged 13.7 points and 9.8 rebounds from 1950-62."

Since Bosh also has a NBA title, has career averages of 19.7 pts/game and 9 rbds/game, and since his career's not over yet, it seems likely that he'll get inducted eventually (whether or not his level of play justifies it is a different question).

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Its crazy how underrated Bosh has been since going to Miami.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:

Heard a national guy(probably Ben Mahler) say tonight that Chris Bosh is dreaming if he thinks he's a Hall Of Famer.

He is the RuPaul of big men. But he is probably already a hall of famer.

Sports Logo

I think he sucks, but if he gets 2-3 rings then he's a lock
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He has a ways to go yet. If you're the 3rd banana, you better have multiple rings under your belt, ala rodman, mchale, worthy, etc.

Also, all star games are garbage qualifications. They barely count at all. All it proves is that you were one of the top 24-28 players for the first half of any given season, and even that is tainted by the fact %40 of the roster is voted in by fans. Does anybody think being one of the top 24-28 players of your generation makes you a lock for the hall of fame? Me neither.

He's made one all-NBA team in his first 9 years. Sorry, not going to cut it. He's going to need at least 2 more titles before he gets serious consideration.
    Last edited by Kstat; 01-27-2013 at 06:56 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

9. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As has been shown against the Pacers, in my opinion, Bosh actually can get stats while weakening their team. That is not the mark of a hall of famer.

He's been incredibly consistent. A few more years of putting up 20-18 ppg and 8-10 rpg, and I think he gets in especially if Miami can win another one or two.

Banned

If Bosh is a hall of famer then players like Jamison, JO, Zbo and others should be hall of famers too, Bosh needs at least a couple more championships for people to even put him on the hall of fame.

Him playing with Lebron and Dwade and not been able to dominate whoever is guarding him makes him a non hall of famer in my book, I mean can you imagine if instead of Bosh Miami had Amare in his prime? you don't think Amare destroys whoever is in front of him with single coverage? Bosh should average way more by just playing with those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    He's been incredibly consistent. A few more years of putting up 20-18 ppg and 8-10 rpg, and I think he gets in especially if Miami can win another one or two.
    He's been averaging closer to the lower range of the numbers you mention. In the middle of his prime, he's averaging 17.2ppg and 7.2 boards this year seeing his numbers drop even since he arrived at Miami. If he gets in the HOF he will be a weak selection.

He's a lot like Granger IMO. Very good NBA player. He's not Reggie Miller level who wasn't even first ballot. He put up numbers on bad Toronto teams that never got past the first round. Miller led his team to the finals and deep into the playoffs many times.

Bosh is a very underrated player.

He has been very consistent. At his natural PF, he is very effective.

As for being a Hall of Famer, I think he'll make it
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Way too much emphasis placed on volume stats in today's sports culture.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

There's no way he deserves it but he might get it. It would be a joke but you never know with Halls of Fame.

Banned

I have been thinking about it, is there a weaker hall of famer than Bosh if Bosh makes it? he is probably one of the softest power forwards to ever play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I have been thinking about it, is there a weaker hall of famer than Bosh if Bosh makes it? he is probably one of the softest power forwards to ever play the game.
    Not that I can think of immediately. He's not a memorable player at all and he tagged along with his buddies. I agree with everything you've said in this thread. He's no more of a Hall of Famer than Zbo or JO.

Bosh is a 3 that has had to play the 4-5 position his entire career. He is not a "winning" player and the only reason he works in Miami is because he is a oh s&$? Option when wade and Lebrun have no where to go in the lane. He 10~15 footer may just make him a hall of famer. But as its been said the man is the ru Paul of big men. If you believe in 2 way players then you see the smoke and mirrors of Chris bosh.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

in 10 years, you are the first person I've ever seen suggest Bosh is a small forward.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    Its crazy how underrated Bosh has been since going to Miami.
    Completely disagree. If anything he is overrated, and going to Miami has only brought his stock down to where it should be, somewhere just below guys like Granger, Iggy, and Deng.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

He's not as good as JO would have been had JO not been injured. JO was a defensive force. Bosh has never owned the paint. Defense is half the game and he's not even an average NBA defender for a C. He's very good from mid range and quick for a big man. He can put up numbers but so can Troy Murphy. Dude never led his team out of the 1st round. Hall of famers accomplish more than that.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    He has a ways to go yet. If you're the 3rd banana, you better have multiple rings under your belt, ala rodman, mchale, worthy, etc.

Also, all star games are garbage qualifications. They barely count at all. All it proves is that you were one of the top 24-28 players for the first half of any given season, and even that is tainted by the fact %40 of the roster is voted in by fans. Does anybody think being one of the top 24-28 players of your generation makes you a lock for the hall of fame? Me neither.

He's made one all-NBA team in his first 9 years. Sorry, not going to cut it. He's going to need at least 2 more titles before he gets serious consideration.
    I agree with KStat completely. Bosh right now is a very odd case, he's kinda like the Lifetime Achievement type of MLB HOF. BBall-Ref has their HOF probability scoring using the various awards, stats, etc and Bosh scores pretty close to making it. He's scored there higher than Nash, Gary Payton, and even Melo. Not by a ton, but enough to suggest that he's clearly a legit candidate.

But to me I view HOF as requiring you to be not just good over time, but for at least a few seasons the ELITE starter of at least a position or type of play. Reggie got in for being THE clutch scorer for 8-10 years, as well as being the ace 3pt shooter, for an example of a non-MVP type candidate who got in on a speciality.

Typically you think of HOF guys as someone who made MVP runs into the top 5-8 in multiple seasons. Being good in a generic way for 15 years doesn't really cut it to me. Guys rated below him by the BBall-Ref system also include Grant Hill, Amare, and JO. These were all MVP type guys, higher profile in their peak than Bosh has been, but then had injuries and missed the HOF on longevity issues. And to me if you keep them out for length of career (at a higher level) then Bosh should be kept out for not ever reaching a level higher than them.

Bosh hasn't carried a team and his higher numbers come from his time in TOR. In Miami he's been an 18-8 guy which is David West level. I love BAMF but no one would put West in the HOF for what he's done in Indy. Bosh only had ELEVEN PLAYOFF GAMES prior to Miami. In one season with James/Wade he played in more playoff games than his entire career. That is a massive knock on him.

Worthy is the closest comparison, the 3rd guy on a team with 2 other HOF - Magic and Jabbar. However, part of what got Worthy there was still making the ASG despite always being the 3rd guy from the Lakers to get on. We all know that if you have 2 other teammates going to the ASG then you are going to have a tough time making it and need to be special. Bosh has done that this year, but only barely. Statistically a case could have been made to replace Bosh with West, Pierce or a few other guys. And if Bosh had been in this Miami role his entire career ala Worthy, then I think there would have been years he would not have made it. He wouldn't have the "I'm the only player on the team" numbers from TOR.

Plus Worthy has something else critically missing from Bosh. Worthy had a period in the late 90's when he made the case for being the BEST PLAYER on the Lakers, a team with a ton of other talent (just Magic getting older). He led the team in PPG in 90-91 just a year after Magic won MVP (where Worthy was the #2 guy on the LAL). Then the next season Magic had to retire and Worthy kept his numbers up and led the team as it's best player, still getting 43 wins.

So if we end up looking at Miami in the next 4 years and in 2 of those seasons you feel like Bosh is as important or more important than either Wade or James, then you've got a Worthy type of season to help bolster the longevity numbers. But right now can anyone imagine Bosh being considered that kind of threat?

And finally his position has to be considered. He's a PF who has NOT been a dominant defender or even a power rebounder. He's had a couple of seasons over 10 per but traditionally is not a rebounding ace. He's also just a so-so big man shot blocker, never going above 1.4. So ultimately he's Karl Malone's shooting touch minus all the rest of Karl's physical and passing game. Dirk has done similar things but with the obvious 3pt range which has made him a far more dangerous ace scoring threat and team leader type. If Bosh was a classic PF that threatened people at both ends at the rim AND scored the 20 PPG, then I could see it.

But he's got a lot of work to do at this point if he wants to accomplish any of those things.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 01-27-2013 at 03:50 PM.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    I agree with KStat completely. Bosh right now is a very odd case, he's kinda like the Lifetime Achievement type of MLB HOF. BBall-Ref has their HOF probability scoring using the various awards, stats, etc and Bosh scores pretty close to making it. He's scored there higher than Nash, Gary Payton, and even Melo. Not by a ton, but enough to suggest that he's clearly a legit candidate.

But to me I view HOF as requiring you to be not just good over time, but for at least a few seasons the ELITE starter of at least a position or type of play. Reggie got in for being THE clutch scorer for 8-10 years, as well as being the ace 3pt shooter, for an example of a non-MVP type candidate who got in on a speciality.

Typically you think of HOF guys as someone who made MVP runs into the top 5-8 in multiple seasons. Being good in a generic way for 15 years doesn't really cut it to me. Guys rated below him by the BBall-Ref system also include Grant Hill, Amare, and JO. These were all MVP type guys, higher profile in their peak than Bosh has been, but then had injuries and missed the HOF on longevity issues. And to me if you keep them out for length of career (at a higher level) then Bosh should be kept out for not ever reaching a level higher than them.

Bosh hasn't carried a team and his higher numbers come from his time in TOR. In Miami he's been an 18-8 guy which is David West level. I love BAMF but no one would put West in the HOF for what he's done in Indy. Bosh only had ELEVEN PLAYOFF GAMES prior to Miami. In one season with James/Wade he played in more playoff games than his entire career. That is a massive knock on him.

Worthy is the closest comparison, the 3rd guy on a team with 2 other HOF - Magic and Jabbar. However, part of what got Worthy there was still making the ASG despite always being the 3rd guy from the Lakers to get on. We all know that if you have 2 other teammates going to the ASG then you are going to have a tough time making it and need to be special. Bosh has done that this year, but only barely. Statistically a case could have been made to replace Bosh with West, Pierce or a few other guys. And if Bosh had been in this Miami role his entire career ala Worthy, then I think there would have been years he would not have made it. He wouldn't have the "I'm the only player on the team" numbers from TOR.

Plus Worthy has something else critically missing from Bosh. Worthy had a period in the late 90's when he made the case for being the BEST PLAYER on the Lakers, a team with a ton of other talent (just Magic getting older). He led the team in PPG in 90-91 just a year after Magic won MVP (where Worthy was the #2 guy on the LAL). Then the next season Magic had to retire and Worthy kept his numbers up and led the team as it's best player, still getting 43 wins.

So if we end up looking at Miami in the next 4 years and in 2 of those seasons you feel like Bosh is as important or more important than either Wade or James, then you've got a Worthy type of season to help bolster the longevity numbers. But right now can anyone imagine Bosh being considered that kind of threat?

And finally his position has to be considered. He's a PF who has NOT been a dominant defender or even a power rebounder. He's had a couple of seasons over 10 per but traditionally is not a rebounding ace. He's also just a so-so big man shot blocker, never going above 1.4. So ultimately he's Karl Malone's shooting touch minus all the rest of Karl's physical and passing game. Dirk has done similar things but with the obvious 3pt range which has made his a far more dangerous ace scoring threat and team leader type. If Bosh was a classic PF that threatened people at both ends at the rim AND scored the 20 PPG, then I could see it.

But he's got a lot of work to do at this point if he wants to accomplish any of those things.
    I think Worthy got in partially because of games like this, against the best defensive team of the era:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...806210LAL.html

There's a reason he's nicknamed "Big Game" James. And he was the second best player on that team, btw.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

I think he is without any doubt. A lot less talent has made it in the HOF. And his teams before Miami was horrible. Not his fault.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

It's the Basketball HOF, everybody gets in. As long as you aren't associated with the ABA.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    in 10 years, you are the first person I've ever seen suggest Bosh is a small forward.
    let me rephrase that a little then. Chris Bosch plays like a 3. In no way could he play the three because he would be eaten alive guarding wing players.