Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 186

Thread: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

  1. #126
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,042

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We don't know what Danny we are getting, once again you keep thinking of the old Danny.
    There is no reason to think that we're getting anything other than the old Danny. His condition (because it's not exactly an injury) didn't reach the stage of an injury. So, there's no need to assume that he has any kind of permanent damage. He will probably lose some lift but we're talking about Granger here. He never based his game on out-jumping everyone. He based his game on having skills with the basketball. You do not lose these skills due to a jumper's knee.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  3. #127
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,561
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    IMO, the proposed Danny+Tyler+Green for Redick+Big Baby+Mcbob actually is a win-win.

    The Magic receive a cornerstone piece who is a former All Star, another guy who sets an example with his hustle and determination in Hansbrough, and a streaky 3 point threat in Green, while the Pacers clear cap space and add flexibility for future moves and retention of 2 of our top 3 players, gain an instant offensive interior presence for the second unit in Davis, get a rental of Reddick who might push Lance for minutes, and add a multifaceted 2nd unit presence in McRoberts who is a passing big who can play serviceable team defense and can ignite the crowd and hopefully fuel the overall energy of the team at times with his McDunks.

    The most important parts of this to me for the Pacers is the cap space / flexibility, and the presence of Davis for the second unit. Both are important to the continued stability and growth of the franchise over the next several years.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:


  5. #128
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,042

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remember, he's owned up he was wrong about signing DWest.
    But he has not owned up when he was wrong about a lot of other things. Oh, and he stll harps on DWest for his D even though it's vastly improved this season
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  6. #129
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,042

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For what I see it looks like some people don't remember those games either, I mean how you forget Big Baby pretty much destroying the Pacers averaging 20 and 10 on the playoffs last year? yes the Pacers won that series but for what I remember they didn't have an answer for the guy.
    He had a great series but he didn't exactly destroy us. And it's not that we didn't have an answer for him. Do you remember our defensive plan?

    I'll remind you. Shut down their penetration. Do not let them to get open 3s or open lay-ups. Leave the mid range shots if need be. Hibbert, do not step away from the basket and do not follow Davis on the perimeter.

    In other words, we let Davis to try to beat us all by himself. And he couldn't it as it's logical. It was our defensive plan.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  8. #130
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,953

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    The magic don't need any of that stuff, and if the Pacers want financial flexibility they can let Danny expire instead of trading him for Redick who is going to expire

  9. #131
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,849
    Mood

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    In order to trade Danny, he is going to have to be healthy and firing on all cylinders. If this is the case, why in the heck would anyone want an expiring JJ for Danny.

    Anyways, if Danny was involved, it would take a 3rd team to get what Orlando wants cause they wouldn't want a huge contract.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  10. #132
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,042

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The most important parts of this to me for the Pacers is the cap space / flexibility
    We're not exactly getting cap space / flexibility. Redick will demand more in free agency and Davis will still cost us $6.6M to play off the bench.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  11. #133
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By all means let's take a team with a .605% winning record and make trades that sends away a core piece (one who hasn't even played yet) and bring back at best bench players.

    For those of you advocating we need Redick because he moves without the ball & can shoot the three point shot and you don't really care that his defense is sub par (that's being polite btw) I want to know where you stood on Mike Dunleavy when he was on the team. At least Mike was also a pretty decent rebounder for his position so at least he wasn't just a catch & shoot guy.

    I know some of you (rhymes with Consuela) hated someone they used to call Suckleavy and would ***** and moan constantly about him until he was off of the team. Now you want him back, but shorter with less rebounds? Yes Big Baby is averaging 15 & 7, guess what Troy Murphy avg. 14 & 12 one year for us to but that doesn't mean I want him back on the team either. Neither play a lick of defense and I'm not sure that Davis is much more physical even though he has the tools to be.

    Again why does this possibly improve a club that is winning at a .605% clip more than just adding Danny Granger back to the team?

    You say you want outside shooting and a three point threat? How in God's green earth is Redick more of that than Danny? Not to mention that Danny can only do EVERYTHING else better on the basketball floor.

    Adding Danny for nothing will be the biggest and best move we can make this season. Sure I'd like to be rid of Green's contract as much as any of you would but I would not give up a core player just to be rid of it nor would I get rid of a draft pick just to be rid of it. I guess I'll just be willing to eat the next two years of it or at least year of it when he becomes an expiring before I give up any value just to get rid of it.
    If it's not too much trouble, could you provide this in pill form? Prescribe it to "consuela" to be taken once every 4 hours with strict bed rest. If not better by, let's say 2026, he should call you back for a copy of all team's rosters, whereupon he will be allowed to suggest his next trade.

    However, shame on you if you haven't changed your number by then.

  12. #134
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,962

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm guessing that since you put that text in quotations, that means somebody actually said it. I would like to see where somebody within the past month said that Granger and West are playing better ball than Paul George. PR07 is trying to say you could argue that he is the best player based probably on the fact that he is a proven scorer, defender, and all around tough guy. Just remember that where Paul George is right now, Danny was averaging more PPG and was busy bringing in a new era of Pacer basketball and showing JO the door. Don't forget that Danny is proven and Paul George is still in the middle of showing just how great he can be. By next year it won't even be an argument about who is better between the two.
    Thank you. I was beginning to think that the reading comprehension on this board was at an all-time low.

  13. #135
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,561
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're not exactly getting cap space / flexibility. Redick will demand more in free agency and Davis will still cost us $6.6M to play off the bench.
    Redick would be a rental in my opinion, and would leave the Pacers at the end of the contract, thereby leaving the Pacers the space from his contract expiration. Davis at $6.6M is a decent deal overall in my opinion, and would strengthen our 2nd unit significantly on offense.

  14. #136
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,953

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    You guys realize that Davis is less efficient than Tyler, right?

  15. #137
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,042

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Redick would be a rental in my opinion, and would leave the Pacers at the end of the contract, thereby leaving the Pacers the space from his contract expiration. Davis at $6.6M is a decent deal overall in my opinion, and would strengthen our 2nd unit significantly on offense.
    So, you'd like us to trade Granger + Tyler for a rental + Davis?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  16. #138

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I consider him a borderline starter. He can play, he hustles and he has heart. But I agree that his contract is prohibitive for a player coming off the bench.

    What you just described was Foster who earned Davis money, and Bird didn't have 2nd thoughts of paying him that type of money to come off the bench.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  18. #139

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMO, the proposed Danny+Tyler+Green for Redick+Big Baby+Mcbob actually is a win-win.

    The Magic receive a cornerstone piece who is a former All Star, another guy who sets an example with his hustle and determination in Hansbrough, and a streaky 3 point threat in Green, while the Pacers clear cap space and add flexibility for future moves and retention of 2 of our top 3 players, gain an instant offensive interior presence for the second unit in Davis, get a rental of Reddick who might push Lance for minutes, and add a multifaceted 2nd unit presence in McRoberts who is a passing big who can play serviceable team defense and can ignite the crowd and hopefully fuel the overall energy of the team at times with his McDunks.

    The most important parts of this to me for the Pacers is the cap space / flexibility, and the presence of Davis for the second unit. Both are important to the continued stability and growth of the franchise over the next several years.


    The Pacers got McBob as a filler in a trade, and I see no reason to bring him back as a filler in a trade. Things are just fine the way they are without him.

  19. #140
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMO, the proposed Danny+Tyler+Green for Redick+Big Baby+Mcbob actually is a win-win.

    The Magic receive a cornerstone piece who is a former All Star, another guy who sets an example with his hustle and determination in Hansbrough, and a streaky 3 point threat in Green, while the Pacers clear cap space and add flexibility for future moves and retention of 2 of our top 3 players, gain an instant offensive interior presence for the second unit in Davis, get a rental of Reddick who might push Lance for minutes, and add a multifaceted 2nd unit presence in McRoberts who is a passing big who can play serviceable team defense and can ignite the crowd and hopefully fuel the overall energy of the team at times with his McDunks.

    The most important parts of this to me for the Pacers is the cap space / flexibility, and the presence of Davis for the second unit. Both are important to the continued stability and growth of the franchise over the next several years.
    Defiantly not a win win the Magic want no part of Granger they are rebuilding and I agree with there reasoning and method. There is a reason they are asking for a 1st and a young good prospect they want to draft their corner stones not get a 29 year old who wont be around by the time the Magic are ready to win. Getting Danny would just be counterproductive for the Magic makes little to no sense.

    I actually think it's a lose lose. I want JJ but we don't have the assets to get him and trading Granger for him would be a mistake IMO. But it doesn't matter about my opinion it matters about the Magic and they clearly don't want him.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  21. #141
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,042

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What you just described was Foster who earned Davis money, and Bird didn't have 2nd thoughts of paying him that type of money to come off the bench.
    There are some differences, though:

    1) Foster's contract didn't inhibit our ability to go after the players we wanted or resign our starters. There's a reason that his contract ended in the off-season in which we planned to make our moves.

    2) Foster deserved the retirement money.

    Simply put, we could afford such a contract last season. Especially to a player that offered so much to our ball club. We had cap space so his contract never hurt us. It just hurt Simon's pocket. Not the team. But we can no longer afford such a contract.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  22. #142
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,042

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Defiantly not a win win the Magic want no part of Granger they are rebuilding and I agree with there reasoning and method. There is a reason they are asking for a 1st and a young good prospect they want to draft their corner stones not get a 29 year old who wont be around by the time the Magic are ready to win. Getting Danny would just be counterproductive for the Magic makes little to no sense.

    I actually think it's a lose lose. I want JJ but we don't have the assets to get him and trading Granger for him would be a mistake IMO. But it doesn't matter about my opinion it matters about the Magic and they clearly don't want him.
    Exactly. It's not a win-win. It's a lose-lose. The Magic do not want Granger. They are rebuilding.

    We want Granger. We are planning to contend and he may be the one who puts our offense over the top.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  24. #143

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Plumlee isn't going anywhere
    Certainly not in a trade for an undersized SG. Redick can't defend, rebound and Miles is much better looking.

  25. #144
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,222

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    I think tonight showed that we really need a dependable consistent outside threat. We have guys taking threes that probably shouldn't be. I would love to have Redick as I've always wanted a Kyle Korver type of guy.

  26. #145
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,950

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    I would at least consider something involving Lance and/or Tyler, maybe, maybe Plumlee. Throw in a couple of those young, low - cost guys in to sweeten Green's inclusion.

    I'd have no issue sending those guys out for Reddick. I like what he'd bring to the table. Smart, tough, offensive upgrade, not as abysmal defense as some would lead you to believe.

    However, the big obstacle would be our ability to retain him beyond this season. If you can make those financials work, I'm interested. Not optimistic though.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  27. #146
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,375
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Or just wait a couple weeks to add a 15-18 ppg scorer who can hit 3's and cost us no players in a trade Danny Granger

  28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to diamonddave00 For This Useful Post:


  29. #147
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,042

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think tonight showed that we really need a dependable consistent outside threat. We have guys taking threes that probably shouldn't be. I would love to have Redick as I've always wanted a Kyle Korver type of guy.
    We agree that we need a dependable consistent outside threat. That's Danny.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  31. #148
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Defiantly not a win win . . . I actually think it's a lose lose.
    Yep.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  32. #149
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,561
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, you'd like us to trade Granger + Tyler for a rental + Davis?
    If Danny is back to a physical level of his Most Improved Player sesaon, any notion of trading him is ridiculous and deserves flaming.

    Unfortunately, my guess is that there is at least a chance that Granger may primarily be a "stretch 4" who is a defensive liability at this point, and the Pacers cannot afford to pay a "stretch 4" who is a defensive liability what Granger is being paid. Indiana is not a large market, and unless he can return to being a much quicker and more explosive player with better lateral movement, the Pacers cannot afford to carry his contract, especially when he is not being relied on this season.

    Also, in my opinion, Davis could be better than Tyler given an opportunity to play with a better team with better coaching.

    I also believe that McRoberts could thrive in the Pacers' system in our second unit due to his passing and team defensive skills.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:


  34. #150
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,962

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Danny is back to a physical level of his Most Improved Player sesaon, any notion of trading him is ridiculous and deserves flaming.

    Unfortunately, my guess is that there is at least a chance that Granger may primarily be a "stretch 4" who is a defensive liability at this point, and the Pacers cannot afford to pay a "stretch 4" who is a defensive liability what Granger is being paid. Indiana is not a large market, and unless he can return to being a much quicker and more explosive player with better lateral movement, the Pacers cannot afford to carry his contract, especially when he is not being relied on this season.

    Also, in my opinion, Davis could be better than Tyler given an opportunity to play with a better team with better coaching.

    I also believe that McRoberts could thrive in the Pacers' system in our second unit due to his passing and team defensive skills.
    Even if Granger has lost a bit of explosiveness, he still is a much more complete player than Redick will ever be. He also has just had lingering knee tendonitis/inflammation, not a hip replacement. He should be able to play the 3 again just fine.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Pacers Interested in Fab Melo?
    By Steagles in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-21-2012, 12:39 PM
  2. Pacers interested in Courtney Lee?
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 05:10 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-29-2006, 03:57 PM
  4. Pacers WERE interested in Wilkins
    By Frank Slade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 10:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •