Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Orlando's asking for too much. Not in a vacuum, Reddick's a good player, but he's in all likelihood a rental. I'd give em Plumlee('s contract) + 1st + Green and send the paperwork before they can change their mind. But they'd probably say no and his value'll be wasted.

If anyone thinks Danny Granger'd be involved in a deal for a rental shooter (I know Reddick's more than that, but that's 75% of his value) then I don't really know what to tell you.
    Well, I don't like vnzla's trade idea, but it wasn't "Granger for Redick"

His trade appears to be centered around a couple assumptions:

1. Pacers probably won't re-sign Danny
    2. Green is probably nearly impossible to trade

Therefore, what he proposed was really dumping Green, getting your 2 guard to play with PG, and improving the backup 4 spot.

Again, I don't like it. But, it isn't ridiculous.

Here's vnzla's original post:
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Danny+Tyler+Green for Redick+Big Baby+Mcbob works, Redick can replace some of Danny's scoring and he can also bring that ball movement and passing we have been asking for in a long time, Big Baby can replace Tyler(he is averaging 15 and 7).

Pacers starting unit: Hill, Redick, Paul George, West and Hibbert.
    Your bench would then be DJ/Lance/Orlando/Big Baby/Ian. It's that backup 3 that's a problem, again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

The only way I would consider trading Granger for Reddick was if they included their 1st round pick, and they currently have the 5th-worst record by the way. That way we'd add something we've been lacking, save money, AND have a quality asset (a pick that's tentatively 5th, to trade or of course to have a good shot at quality talent in the draft).

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can we stop acting like Green's contract is some albatross too? He makes 3 million per year, hardly worth trading arguably your best player for, for a package of role players just to get rid of...

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    Well, I don't like vnzla's trade idea, but it wasn't "Granger for Redick"

His trade appears to be centered around a couple assumptions:

1. Pacers probably won't re-sign Danny
    2. Green is probably nearly impossible to trade

Therefore, what he proposed was really dumping Green, getting your 2 guard to play with PG, and improving the backup 4 spot.

Again, I don't like it. But, it isn't ridiculous.
    I'ts ridiculous to some people because unless you trade Danny straight up for Lebron is ridiculous, you are also forgetting that many here believe that Redick can only shoot 3's so he is garbage and Big Baby can only do some crazy dances so he is also garbage.

Here's vnzla's original post:

Your bench would then be DJ/Lance/Orlando/Big Baby/Ian. It's that backup 3 that's a problem, again.
    I believe the Pacers are waiting for Young to get healthy, he is going to be the bench backup 3.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Can we stop acting like Green's contract is some albatross too? He makes 3 million per year, hardly worth trading arguably your best player for, for a package of role players just to get rid of...
    Exactly. You don't trade away a former All-Star, face of the franchise, team leader just to get out of a 10 million dollar contract spread over three years, especially when that former All-Star, face of the franchise, team leader is your best chance to take this team to another level. If he were making $40 million over 5 years, then you might do what you have to do.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Banned

So somebody is suggesting to trade Paul George? I guess I missed that.......

So somebody is suggesting to trade Paul George? I guess I missed that.......
    Read much? Notice the word "arguably", when healthy... I think you could make the case for Granger.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Danny+Tyler+Green for Redick+Big Baby+Mcbob works, Redick can replace some of Danny's scoring and he can also bring that ball movement and passing we have been asking for in a long time, Big Baby can replace Tyler(he is averaging 15 and 7).

absolutely despicable. I can't believe you even allowed yourself to type this out and worse still didn't delete it immediately after you did. We gain what here exactly? A 3 point threat? A self proclaimed "big baby"? And we give up granger to do it? Absolutely turrible man. I wouldn't even pull the trigger too quickly if they threw in their 1st on that deal.. Which they won't.

they can have Orlando Johnson and our 1st for Reddick and their 2nd.
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only

If we were to trade Danny Granger for a package that included Glen Davis I would probably quit watching.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:

Mood

I would trade Lance for Reddick, if JJ would agree to a 4 year 24 million dollar extension and if they took Green off our hands.

Thing is, they aren't going to get more that from anyone else. Lance is a talented, young contributing piece off of a championship contending team. (And on a sub rookie deal) I would probably add Hansbrough for McBob to sweeten it more. But I am still debating whether it would be necessary.

I would not give up a first AND Lance tho. We are going to need that pick over the next couple years...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to *astrisk* For This Useful Post:

Banned

Read much? Notice the word "arguably", when healthy... I think you could make the case for Granger.
    Remind me who is the all star again? the time of Danny as the best player has passed, it's time to let it go.

It is not as crazy of a trade as some of you are making it out to be. Big Baby would be an excellent backup to West, Reddick would be great in the 2nd unit, McBob is just a filler. So we would now have the flexibility to sign West again, get rid of Green's contract, and not lose Hans for nothing. Sure it would be nice to have Granger back. But we are clearly a great team without him. (At least our starters) If the bench improves, we are even better.

Hill/Augustin
    Stephenson/Reddick
    George/Johnson
    West/Big Baby
    Hibbert/Mahinmi

Fillers:
    Mcbob
    Young
    Plumlee
    TBA
    TBA

20. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4Life View Post
    . . . they can have Orlando Johnson and our 1st for Reddick and their 2nd.
    Something like this makes more sense to the Pacers than anything else. Not sure I would include the first myself. Reddick is a nice shooter, wouldn't mind having him come off the bench, but in the end,that's all he is. He's not a defender, he's Mike Dunleavy only shorter. Nice backup guy, but if he is one of your main guys, your team has issues.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4Life View Post
    absolutely despicable. I can't believe you even allowed yourself to type this out and worse still didn't delete it immediately after you did. We gain what here exactly? A 3 point threat? A self proclaimed "big baby"? And we give up granger to do it? Absolutely turrible man. I wouldn't even pull the trigger too quickly if they threw in their 1st on that deal.. Which they won't.

they can have Orlando Johnson and our 1st for Reddick and their 2nd.
    That OJ trade would be just an insulting to Magic fans as Granger for Baby/Redick is to us.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Man playing with the ESPN trade machine you really get a perspective on what poor position we're in to make any trades this season.

This was the best I could do, Toronto gets our first rounder in this trade.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ahy98q4

Would we consider giving Green and Augustin for Redick. Gives the Magic a sort of replacement for JJ who is young and not overpaid and a backup PG. Gives us a shooter coming off the bench with no long term contract(ala Barbosa).
    Or how about Green and Tyler which give the Magic the same plus and a banging PF backup. This trade is assuming Granger comes back ready to play some 3 and backup 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    Would we consider giving Green and Augustin for Redick.
    I'm sure we would be tickled pink with such a trade. The Magic wouldn't be too thrilled with that offer though.

(CRACK)

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:

Remind me who is the all star again? the time of Danny as the best player has passed, it's time to let it go.
    I'm not even advocating that Granger is the best player. However, I think in terms of leadership, consistency, scoring, etc. you could make the case for him (*if healthy), just like you could make the case for David West as our best player. Hence, the word arguable. And oh boy, an all-star game? I guess Hibbert made one last year but didn't this year, so his time has passed at the ripe old age of 26. You know how flawed that logic is?

Luol Deng made the all-star team over Derrick Rose (who was injured), is he Chicago's best player now? Has Rose's time passed?
    Last edited by PR07; 01-26-2013 at 03:11 PM.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

First, J.J. Reddick is an expiring contract (unrestricted). Trading Danny Granger for J.J. Reddick is, for lack of an better term, insane. Second, J.J. Reddick is an excellent sixth man. The defense the Pacers have established would erode if J.J. Reddick were a starting guard. However, J.J. Reddick could serve as a sixth man. I believe the Pacers could trade for J.J. Reddick, since his contract is expiring (unrestricted), for a first round pick, the rights to Miles Plumlee, and cash. The question is, is such a proposal valuable to the Pacers? It most certainly is to Orlando, who will certainly clear their roster and start from scratch. I am certain they want as many draft picks, cash, and salary cap space as possible.

Banned

I'm not even advocating that Granger is the best player. However, I think in terms of leadership, consistency, scoring, etc. you could make the case for him (*if healthy), just like you could make the case for David West as our best player. Hence, the word arguable. And oh boy, an all-star game? I guess Hibbert made one last year but didn't this year, so his time has passed at the ripe old age of 26. You know how flawed that logic is?
    Not as flawed as saying that because "Danny and West are the leaders and hearth of the team" they are the better players than Paul George.

I guess is going to take some years for some of you to get used to say that Paul George is the new face of the franchise and the quickest you realize it the better is going to be.

Look at the contract scenario, Danny Granger's contract will expire when it is time to re-sign Paul George. I too agree, Paul George is the new face of the franchise. However, there is no reason to trade your second best player. Every Michael needs a Scottie, and the jury is out on Roy Hibbert. Furthermore, no team will trade for Danny Granger without the certainty that his knee is not permanently damaged. Therefore, wait until next season. His value will most likely rise, and you can be certain that he is or he is not the best compliment for the play of Paul George.

Not as flawed as saying that because "Danny and West are the leaders and hearth of the team" they are the better players than Paul George.

I guess is going to take some years for some of you to get used to say that Paul George is the new face of the franchise and the quickest you realize it the better is going to be.
    Answer my questions, please.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Vinzla81: what do you lose by retaining Danny Granger through the 2012-2013 season?

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

I'ts ridiculous to some people because unless you trade Danny straight up for Lebron is ridiculous, you are also forgetting that many here believe that Redick can only shoot 3's so he is garbage and Big Baby can only do some crazy dances so he is also garbage.

I believe the Pacers are waiting for Young to get healthy, he is going to be the bench backup 3.
    What's more ridiculous and annoying is your sheer hatred for Danny. Paul George may be the best player now but you act like Danny will be worthless when he returns.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post: