Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 186

Thread: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

  1. #76
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    484
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Does anybody else liken JJ's game to a poor mans Reggie? Runs around all day trying to get his catch and shoot 3, gets backdoor layups, can play a little d. Great shooter...

  2. #77

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    I stated in another thread that I didn't see if feasible for the Pacers to be able to get JJ either this year or next.

    "IF" all the stars were alaigned perfectly, a trade of Augstin expiring, Plumlee, and 013 1st for Redick could work.

    The Magic would get a young player in Plumlee at 1 mil, a pick in Pacers 013 1st, and Agustin's 3.5 mil expiring contract.

    The Pacers would either have to feel with the addition of JJ they can win the EFC and compete for a championship this year for chances are they wouldn't be able to re-sign JJ. It's a big gamble. A gamble the Pacers would have to feel would payoff.

    IF again, DWest would re-sign for 10 mil or less and JJ would re-sign for 7 mil, I believe the Pacers could fill out the bench with 3-5 mil.

    Hibbert.... 14.2
    Hill...........08.0
    Granger.... 14.0
    Paul G........03.2
    DWest.......10.0
    Redick........07.0
    Lance.........01.0
    Johnson.......0.8
    Mahinmi.......4.0
    Green..........3.5

    TOTAL........64.7 mil

    I could see this team really competing for a Championship.

    I don't see this will happening, b/c IMO I believe Orlando will get a better deal. But it could work for the 13-14 season. Granger just couldn't be re-signed in 014, b/c PG will get a max. JMOAA

  3. #78
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,643

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Including the game vs the Pacers I've seen 5 other Orlando games, now I admit that I didn't watch each of them from beginning to end but on 3 of them I've watched 3 quarters worth and I think I saw half of one and almost all of the other game.

    Again I didn't sit and focus on J.J. Redick, but like all of you I have a synergy account as well so I could if I wanted to go back and watch individual plays. But I just don't have the desire or energy to do that right now.

    I guess my impression of him from my limited viewing is still the same as it always was. He's a poor man to man defender but can recover laterally enough to cover an area (zone). So in other words Mike Dunleavy.

    But again, by no means am I an expert.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  4. #79
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,643

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way Peck, there is not reason for you or anybody else to get all upset about somebody suggesting something you don't agree with, this is an open forum for a reason.
    Conversely you need to stop getting upset when people question your suggestions, this is an open forum for a reason.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  6. #80
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    484
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reddick is a very good defender.
    great defender

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MdMFkN2IYvA

  7. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds familiar and I still think it.

    I have no use for Boris Diaw but I understand that San Antonio has made a good role for him. I'll give him this, unlike Troy he at least will try on defense so in that respect he's not as bad.

    Matt Bonner also has an important role on the Spurs yet I would rather gouge out my eyes than watch him in a pacers uniform.
    You know he was the starting power forward for a team that went to western conference finals right? if he was a bad as you keep thinking he is Pop would have replaced his a** with somebody else without a problem, not only that but in the off season the Spurs also decided to give him an extension.

  8. #82
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,643

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know he was the starting power forward for a team that went to western conference finals right? if he was a bad as you keep thinking he is Pop would have replaced his a** with somebody else without a problem, not only that but in the off season the Spurs also decided to give him an extension.
    Hey I already said Bill Walton agree's with you, what more do you want.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  9. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Conversely you need to stop getting upset when people question your suggestions, this is an open forum for a reason.
    I'm not upset somebody else is upset.

  10. #84
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    484
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JJ is actually not a bad defender... he's ok...

  11. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey I already said Bill Walton agree's with you, what more do you want.
    I think I hear Bill Walton saying that Danny Granger was going to be as good as Reggie one time on TV so I don't trust anything he says now

  12. #86

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's referring to me, I said with the Bobcats Diaw sucked. I also took it farther by saying I thought Diaw sucked in general.

    Obviously Bill Walton disagree's with me.



    Did you happen to catch the Spurs game last night? You just need to admit you are wrong about Diaw. As much as many hate to do it, they need to admit Vnzla was right. Remember, he's owned up he was wrong about signing DWest. Being wrong works both ways.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  14. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's so obvious who hasn't watched Orlando play a game this season, except perhaps if they played the Pacers. Reddick is not a poor defender, and he certainly isn't just a shooter. Some of you guys are worst than ESPN with your fabricated story lines about players you have little to no familiarity of.
    For what I see it looks like some people don't remember those games either, I mean how you forget Big Baby pretty much destroying the Pacers averaging 20 and 10 on the playoffs last year? yes the Pacers won that series but for what I remember they didn't have an answer for the guy.

  15. #88
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok.



    It's pointless to point out one play where he got burned.

  16. #89
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,363

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For what I see it looks like some people don't remember those games either, I mean how you forget Big Baby pretty much destroying the Pacers averaging 20 and 10 on the playoffs last year? yes the Pacers won that series but for what I remember they didn't have an answer for the guy.
    He averaged 20 points on 18 shots. I don't think JR Smith could be that inefficient.

  17. #90
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,643

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For what I see it looks like some people don't remember those games either, I mean how you forget Big Baby pretty much destroying the Pacers averaging 20 and 10 on the playoffs last year? yes the Pacers won that series but for what I remember they didn't have an answer for the guy.
    I will at some point in time try and find it but there was an interview with Frank, I don't remember right now who it was with, where he said the goal during that series was to let Davis run wild and shut down their perimeter attack.

    Don't get me wrong it's not like they didn't defend him at all but they pretty much focused on one on one defense vs. him and not trying to get the ball out of his hands.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  18. #91
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Man, how times change. The last infraction I got on this forum (lo these many years ago) was from a guy pushing for us to acquire JJ Redick.

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...kulous-Thought!

    It hurts me to say it, but that guy (long since gone) was right and I was wrong. I didn't think Redick would still be in the NBA after his rookie contract.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  20. #92
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He averaged 20 points on 18 shots. I don't think JR Smith could be that inefficient.
    Granger averaged 18.7 points on 15 shot attempts over the whole season last year.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  22. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He averaged 20 points on 18 shots. I don't think JR Smith could be that inefficient.
    He had a shooting percentage of .438 total for the series, not that great but not as bad as some players in our team and trust me you don't want me to bring those numbers up.

  23. #94
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,363

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granger averaged 18.7 points on 15 shot attempts over the whole season last year.
    You're right. I misquoted my stats too. It was 19.0 points on 17.8 shots. Danny's numbers weren't great. That's well documented on these boards. 18.5 from 15 is still not nearly as bad as 19 from 18.

  24. #95
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,363

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He had a shooting percentage of .438 total for the series, not that great but not as bad as some players in our team and trust me you don't want me to bring those numbers up.
    Fire 'em up. I know who and what numbers you're talking about. Saying "Danny did X" doesn't change what Big Baby did.

    Danny last year in the Playoffs was getting 17.0 points a game on 15.X FGA. 39% shooting. These numbers change nothing about what I said.
    Last edited by TinManJoshua; 01-26-2013 at 06:17 PM.

  25. #96
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're right. I misquoted my stats too. It was 19.0 points on 17.8 shots. Danny's numbers weren't great. That's well documented on these boards. 18.5 from 15 is still not nearly as bad as 19 from 18.

    It's not like they are in another class or something though.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  27. #97
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For what I see it looks like some people don't remember those games either, I mean how you forget Big Baby pretty much destroying the Pacers averaging 20 and 10 on the playoffs last year? yes the Pacers won that series but for what I remember they didn't have an answer for the guy.
    Man, don't bring that out again. We've been over that already. The Pacers chose not to help on Davis at all, since they didn't think Orlando could win if they stayed home on the shooters. Even though Davis had an epic series (he made WAY more long jumpshots than I thought he was capable of), the Pacers won that one easy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes Big Baby is averaging 15 & 7, guess what Troy Murphy avg. 14 & 12 one year for us to but that doesn't mean I want him back on the team either. Neither play a lick of defense and I'm not sure that Davis is much more physical even though he has the tools to be.
    Ok, now I've got to argue the other side. I'd take Davis ten times out of ten over Troy Murphy. It's not fair to compare the two of them; Davis is a far superior player.

    But I wouldn't give up Danny for Davis and a 3-month rental of Redick.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  29. #98
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Look, this discussion of trading Danny is simply not worth continuing before the summer. Until summer, Danny is untradable.

    If I'm another team, I wouldn't look at Danny unless he's healthy the rest of the season. Too much risk. If you trade for a guy that's injured, you're an idiot. End of story.

    If I'm the Pacers, you don't trade Danny unless you're positive that he won't come back from the injury. Until then, he's more valuable to you than to anyone else. And if he's not going to come back from his injury, then nobody's gonna want to trade for him anyway.

    So any trade that includes Danny is gonna be disagreeable to both sides. There's not a fair trade to be had at this point.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  31. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will at some point in time try and find it but there was an interview with Frank, I don't remember right now who it was with, where he said the goal during that series was to let Davis run wild and shut down their perimeter attack.

    Don't get me wrong it's not like they didn't defend him at all but they pretty much focused on one on one defense vs. him and not trying to get the ball out of his hands.
    Yeah but if he was as garbage as many of you think shouldn't anybody on the Pacers be able to stop this garbage player? I mean if Hibbert ever averages 20 and 10 against anybody on a series many here would be ready to name him the best center to ever play in a Pacers uniform right? hell Roy Hibbert was not even able to average 20 and 10 against this "garbage defender" called Glen Davis.


    And if Roy averages 20 and 10 and some coach comes up and tell us that that was the strategy how many here are going to listen to that? by the way is not like Big Baby is averaging way below 20/10 for the year, his average so far is 15 and 7.

  32. #100
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not like they are in another class or something though.
    But those numbers earned Danny LOTS of criticism. That was his worst year in half a decade. I don't see why anyone would be happy if we got a player whose numbers were EVEN WORSE.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Pacers Interested in Fab Melo?
    By Steagles in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-21-2012, 12:39 PM
  2. Pacers interested in Courtney Lee?
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 05:10 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-29-2006, 03:57 PM
  4. Pacers WERE interested in Wilkins
    By Frank Slade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 10:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •