Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

Banned

Default RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

They want young talent, I have a Plumlee to give them

There remains a chance that JJ Redick is dealt before the February trade deadline and if not then, in a deal this

summer. But a league source dismissed the possibility of a trade to Boston and the Pacers, while also interested, appear to be a longshot as well. "There's no deal to be had," the source said of Boston. The Magic are supposedly looking for draft picks and young talent on a rookie contract. No one on the Celtics' roster apparently fits the bill.

@RicBucher: There remains a chance that JJ Redick is dealt before the February trade deadline and if not then, in a deal this http://t.co/mYZdVwz4

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: RicBucher, Pacers interested in JJ Redick.

I would give them our first for him. Were just gonna draft Miles Plumlee the 2nd anyway.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

I know by asking this some people are going to start assuming I have a hatred of Lance, but do you think a Stephenson-Redick swap sounds fair? I don't really know.

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know by asking this some people are going to start assuming I have a hatred of Lance, but do you think a Stephenson-Redick swap sounds fair? I don't really know.
    I think it instantly makes our offense better. However, we lose Lance a year earlier than we might have to. Also, no guarantee that we can keep Reddick. If we could somehow get rid of Green as well, that would be wonderful. I just don't think there is a realistic deal that would make both sides happy.

It honestly seems fair. I'd rather have Lance, though.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

I definitely wouldn't trade Lance for Redick.

9. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Banned

Danny+Tyler+Green for Redick+Big Baby+Mcbob works, Redick can replace some of Danny's scoring and he can also bring that ball movement and passing we have been asking for in a long time, Big Baby can replace Tyler(he is averaging 15 and 7).

Pacers starting unit: Hill, Redick, Paul George, West and Hibbert.

It's fair, but I don't think either side would go for it. The Magic probably feel they can get a better combination of player/draft pick elsewhere.

That's especially true because the Pacers wouldn't want to send their pick since they have to send extra players to make the salaries work. The Magic are very unlikely to want Green, so it would have to be a Hansbrough/Lance/either Pendergraph or Plumlee deal.

The Pacers probably wouldn't want to send 3 players for Redick, and they wouldn't be able to re-sign Redick after the year if they plan to keep their starting 5 together. So even though they may get the upgrade at the wing, it's a decent amount of flexibility to give up for a rental.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He'd definitely help our offense and make life easier inside for Hibbs and West. However, I don't think I'd give up Lance for him. Redick isn't as bad of a defender as people believe, but I think what he'd boost with our offense, he may detract from our defense.

He's a great scorer but a liability on D
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Banned

Ok so here is the conversation I had with SteveKyler(Orlando Magic insider)

vnzla81 ‏@Indyvnzla81
    @stevekylerNBA any chance that Orlando is interested on Danny Granger? how about Redick+Big baby for Danny Granger and other pieces?

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA
    RT @indyvnzla81: any chance that Orlando is interested on Danny Granger? ---> Not the kinds of things they are looking for. Too much $$$

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA
    RT @indyvnzla81: ----> The Magic are trying to build it "their" way, not trade for bad contracts or bad knees. --- why they passed on Bynum

It makes sense.

Mood

The fact J J Redick already makes $6,190,000 and is having his best season makes re-signing him very difficult with David West also being an expiring. I'd think he'd want at least a 4 hear 30 mil deal to re-sign as a free agent. Trading Lance for a player you can't keep hurts team depth.

I'd not do the 2nd deal of Granger, Green and Hansbrough for Redick, G.Davis and McRoberts deal because if Redick can not be re-signed it ends up basicly being Davis with 2 more seasons at 6mil for Danny Granger.

The Magic would then try to move Danny for several smaller, younger assets. So to that end the Pacers would be better off doing that themselves.

Redick would be a perfect fit to the offense but I don't see a deal for him being made by the Pacers.
    Last edited by diamonddave00; 01-26-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Danny+Tyler+Green for Redick+Big Baby+Mcbob works, Redick can replace some of Danny's scoring and he can also bring that ball movement and passing we have been asking for in a long time, Big Baby can replace Tyler(he is averaging 15 and 7).

Pacers starting unit: Hill, Redick, Paul George, West and Hibbert.
    You've come up with some doozy's over the years but this one has to be one of the tops.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

17. The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo

A few things to consider.

- Keep in mind that Redick is a UFA after this season.....so we'd have to sign an extension with him.
    - No matter how much of a mistake many of you think that Green is.....he's likely our "3pt shooter" coming off the bench.

Before any of you start complaining about how much of a mistake that Bird/KP/Walsh made in signing Green and turning this into a "Green Sucks and the FO sucks for signing him".....save your breath cuz you might as well be this guy:

I know that Redick is WAY better at doing what Green was brought in to do.....but like it or not......we are stuck with Green and his 3 year long-term contract. The Pacers will likely have difficulty figuring out a way to keep Grange and West for the long term....adding Redick wouldn't make much sense from a SalaryCap POV as well.

Sure, they maybe interested in him and would love to get him at a cheap price....cuz any Team making a Playoff run is interested in an above average shooter like Redick. But unless the Pacers can move Green ( unlikely since Teams are super-conscious of their Cap Management ) or get Redick at a cheap price that does not cost the Pacers Lance ( seriously, I don't see why any of you would even fathom including Lance just to get Redick ) or a future 1st.....then I do not see the Pacers making any real run at Redick.

If Green was performing closer to what he was doing last year.....then my guess is that many of you wouldn't even consider Redick as an option. Redick is just another "the grass is always greener" type of Player given that Green has been sucking it up lately.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-26-2013 at 01:11 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    You've come up with some doozy's over the years but this one has to be one of the tops.
    Why? because Orlando wouldn't do it? Oh yeah I forgot, "Redick can only shoot 3's so that makes him worthless" got it.

And here I thought I was a homer because of the package I was asking for Danny (both guys average 15ppg) while also removing Green, I guess I was wrong
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-26-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Like Zach Lowe said on the radio with MG said the other day we will be interested but so will 25+ other teams. We don't have the assets to get him someone else will land him. The Magic GM is in a good spot has tons of assets and can get a lot of good rebuilding chips at the deadline.

Mood

Here's why the Pacers would consider trading for him even if it might be a rental:

He could be "the difference" for this team, this year. You split time with him, DJ, Lance. He can be on the floor for extended periods of time, and can really make a difference in a series like Miami/Knicks/Brooklyn.

I'm not saying I'd do it, just that I think there's a chance.

I'd LOVE to unload Green somehow, but I think vnzla was probably pretty close to what we'd have to do (Package him with Danny).

I'd go Tyler/1st/Orlando for Redick and a 2nd. Go with Danny/David/Ian splitting time at the 4.

Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar

I love the idea of getting Redick but the only way this works for us is if he takes on a bench/6th man role. Someone else will start him (see Boston) and be able to offer him more $$.

And in spite of the best efforts in this thread, we will not trade Danny Granger for Redick. Period.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5_7_Clash For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I think Orlando's asking for too much. Not in a vacuum, Reddick's a good player, but he's in all likelihood a rental. I'd give em Plumlee('s contract) + 1st + Green and send the paperwork before they can change their mind. But they'd probably say no and his value'll be wasted.

If anyone thinks Danny Granger'd be involved in a deal for a rental shooter (I know Reddick's more than that, but that's 75% of his value) then I don't really know what to tell you.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd like Redick off the bench. He's a great shooter, but not a starter, imo. We need somebody to space the floor and provide some long daggers. Sort of a Chris Mullin in the 2000s-era Pacers.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 5_7_Clash View Post
    I love the idea of getting Redick but the only way this works for us is if he takes on a bench/6th man role. Someone else will start him (see Boston) and be able to offer him more $$.

And in spite of the best efforts in this thread, Orlando is not crazy enough to trade Danny Granger for Redick. Period.
    Read the conversation I had with the insider, Orlando wouldn't do it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Redick puts us over the top. I'd trade all of our first rounders for him, but we still don't have the contracts to make it work.

I think it's fair, but both sides wouldn't want it.

My guess is Orlando would want to have a pick with that. (Seeing as it is exactly what they said, young player and a pick) and we wouldn't like it because we'd be trading our best bench perimeter player for someone we can't keep.

I'd do Green, Lance, a first for Redick though. It would open up some salary..so that maybe we can keep him and our starters or if not, we could actually get a decent bench player with our starters.

Redick has been one of my favorite players to watch since his Duke days, and he would certainly fill a need for the Pacers. However, no way we give up on Lance for what will probably be a rental. I'd say we put our 1st, DJ, Green, Plumlee, and Hansbrough on the table and tell the Magic to pick 2.

I would love JJ Redick for this time, but like others have said, we aren't a good trading partner with Orlando and I don't think we have the pieces to get him.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post: