Thread: My NBA protest...

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default My NBA protest...

(yes, I posted this to the IS site too)
    ------------------

I'm still upset that we, the Indy fans who had nothing to do with the brawl, are made to pay the price for the fight. I'm not debating the rightness or the wrongness of the penalties (well, yeah I guess I am) but I am upset that Der Furher's cavalier attitude shows little or no thought for how the Pacer fans are penalized. What was OUR crime, watching the game at home?

Therefore I propose hitting him where it hurts, in the ratings...which means in the wallet.

I do not have NBA League Pass so I can't turn it off, but I can swear to not watch or listen to any NBA game which does not involve the Pacers. In that manner I can go ahead and support my team and yet hurt Der Fuhrer. I can attend, watch, or listen to the Pacers without supporting the rest of the NBA.

I'm not into writing petitions or letters to the Office but if I were I'd let the league, League Pass, and the cable/satellite companies know what I'm doing and why. Now if someone wants to, I will sign it...IMO I've got to do something to protest this complete disdain for the Pacer fans. Ya know, I guess it isn't just about the game but his entire attitude toward Pacer fans, Indianapolis, and Indiana that I protest as well. The disparaging comments he's made since the penalties were announced are just further proof that he considers us the NBA's ugly stepchild that he doesn't the world to know about. (ie the comments made in Atlanta) I'm tired of his smug hautiness and I've found my way of protesting it.

Now, if some of the local media would just promote this idea.

Default Re: My NBA protest...

if you "just turn it off" you are only hurting yourself. Especially if you are not a nielson family,

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if you "just turn it off" you are only hurting yourself. Especially if you are not a nielson family,

Ahhhhhh but you see, I AM a Nielson family. For the last month now. Seems they like me. I got asked often enough.

Sports Logo

Make sure you are watching the Pacer games then!

stipo

I don't even have cable, but as a show of support I will no longer read non-Pacer games box scores

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi my name is Dan and I am a hoopsaholic...........

I agree UB I cant just turn it off. I was thinking last night we need a daily which game did you watch thread. I watched Cavs/Griz I just love watching the Czar coach again and I thought for sure they would take it to the Cavs