Thread: Colin Kaepernick's biological mother talks to the press yet again

Default Colin Kaepernick's biological mother talks to the press yet again

Honestly this just reeks of manipulation to me. I don't doubt she feels connected to him(obviously) but that doesn't mean he feels the same there's a reason why he's not contacting you and going public isn't helping your cause. Just makes it seem like she's an opportunist.

http://kdvr.com/2013/01/22/49ers-qua...s/?hpt=us_bn10

DENVER –Colin Kaepernick is one of the breakout stars of the NFL this season. As the 49ers quarterback gets ready for a Super Bowl appearance, one fan will be watching from home — his birth mother.
    Kaepernick is the son on Heidi Russo, who talked about the tough decision to give him up for adoption exclusively with FOX31 Denver.
    Russo said she became pregnant with Colin when she was 19 and living in Milwaukee.
    “I knew I couldn’t have provided my son the kind of life he deserved when I became pregnant,” said Russo. “I had him for about six weeks before putting him up for adoption, and what a blessing it was to have Teresa and Rick Kaepernick be able to step up and raise Colin.”
    The Kaepernicks lived in Milwaukee but when Colin was about four, they moved to California. As the youngster grew, his athletic skills also got better.
    A four-sport athlete in high school, Colin got a football scholarship to the University of Nevada. It was there he picked football over a budding baseball career.
    Russo said the decision to give up her child is always on her mind. She has kept in contact with Colin’s parents over the years, but has only been in touch with him a couple of times, but never on the phone or in person.
    When he enrolled at Nevada, Russo found Colin on My Space and said it took about six weeks of thinking what to say to him on-line. Once she finally sent Colin a note, it took Colin about the same time to reply.
    While Colin Kapernick’s mom says she has always been one of his biggest fans, she wants to be clear she’s simply not jumping on his bandwagon now because of his newfound success.
    “Don’t get me wrong, I am not ‘coming out’ to share in any of the success Colin is having, I just want him to know I never stopped thinking about him,” said Russo. “For my family, we will just be cheering for Colin just as loud as the Kaepernicks will be, come Super Bowl.”
    Russo said she hopes to meet her son face-to-face one day. She said it’s up to Colin as to when that day will ever come.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Colin Kaepernick's biological mother talks to the press yet again

Probably jumping the bandwagon. If she wasn't she wouldn't be talking to the press. What's the point of talking to the press? You're just trying to draw attention to yourself.

STFU.

And from the thread title, this isn't even the fist time she's done this?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

why why why does the news station even pick this up? that pisses me off quite frankly.

Why is this news? Nothing good can come of reporters tracking her down and asking her these questions. All kinds of icky.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is this news? Nothing good can come of reporters tracking her down and asking her these questions. All kinds of icky.
    I don't see a problem with it. Many women give up their kids for adoption for a number of reasons and its nice to see things worked out for him. I have a friend who tried to adopt 4 times and nearly gave up because the mothers couldn't do it at the last minute. He lost a lot of money before he finally got a child. Maybe these type of stories will encourage mothers to actually give up their kids for adoption if they can't take good care of them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

I am pro-choice(just for context not getting political), however I can't look badly on a young woman giving up her child for adoption when many decide its easier to have an abortion. I also understand its a difficult situation for the adult child, and don't fault him for not responding. She probably got paid for this interview, good for her.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    I get why this is news I mean he's new to the NFL scene and we get a lot of human interest stories during the two weeks up to the SB of the players in them. I just don't think much of her for doing this. I mean she's been trying to contact him since college apparently and he's not responded one would think she would get a clue and realize that he doesn't want to see her. I'm sure it was a difficult choice I can't say I understand I've never been a mother myself but she still made that choice and has to live with the consequences and if that means he doesn't want to see her that's his choice he has his reasons. But going to the media and causing a distraction in the biggest game of his life just seems selfish on her part.

Maybe one day he may change his mind but her talking to the media about this is only going to push him away.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I don't think any of us are well enough informed about this to be passing any form of judgement

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't think any of us are well enough informed about this to be passing any form of judgement
    Isn't that a little judgemental ??

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have no problem with her, or anyone else, giving their child up for adoption, its got to be the most difficult decision ever. but to me, this is not public news. especially before the biggest game of the man's life. this is something between Colin and her. the news station has no place in it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Does the mother have any children that she actually raised? If she does, that explains why Kap has been avoiding her.
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Does the mother have any children that she actually raised? If she does, that explains why Kap has been avoiding her.
    Yes she has two other sons