Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: I would like your opinion on something...

  1. #51

    Default Re: I would like your opinion on something...

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    many of us fly half way around the world to come see a pacer game, and we don't count, geo -area for a nba team is 75 miles (by law) and if you want to tell me I am not a real fan I will ban your behind just to make a point!
    No one said that tough guy. 1984 forgot his geography and is trying to make a ridiculous argument about how 300+ round mile trips are short. No one questioned fandom, just ability to put buts in seats based on distance.

  2. #52

    Default Re: I would like your opinion on something...

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Picked up some Squares this morning (THaute) and heard some workers talking about it. Just know they're opening in Plainfield and sometime this spring.

    Different times I've had to setup meetings and ordered in square donuts. Folks from out of state could care less about the conference but think these local treats are the best in the world.
    Just graduated from ISU in December, and popped my square donut cherry on graduation day. I wish I hadn't waited so long.

  3. #53
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,857

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I would like your opinion on something...

    yes there are fans who drive from seattle and vancouver to portland for blazers games. and they amount to probably less than 50 a week.

  4. #54
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,857

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I would like your opinion on something...

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Mike Wells seemed like a cool guy. And I like that he is willing to be critical of the players, and tells it like it is. That way when I hear him today say that this is the best locker room he's seen since he's been here, I can believe him.

    However I have one problem with Mike. He isn't a very good writer. (Not saying he isn't a good good reporter, that is different) IMO being a good writer is someone who can write about anything and make it interesting to read. Kravitz for all his faults is an excellent writer, Wells just isn't. Montieth is a better writer - evidenced by the long two part article he wrote on David West last week.
    to be fair to Wells, Kravitz has much more flexibility in what he writes. Quite frankly being a beat writer, its not all that exciting (from a writing standpoint). Beat writing is no fun, i've never enjoyed that aspect of journalism (journalism major here btw). its reporting vs writing.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  6. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,317

    Default Re: I would like your opinion on something...

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not a Wells fan. I agree with him that a sportswriter should be objective, but Wells is just negative a lot of the time, not neutral. But that said, I don't see why anyone would be upset about him calling out the fanbase.

    Our fanbase sucks, people need to realize it.
    Disagree completely........... Our fanbase is one of the best in all of sports. Actually PD is evidence of that!!!! Now if you say our casual attend a game once in a while base sucks then I'm on board.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  7. #56
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: I would like your opinion on something...

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no competition in Oregon other than the University of Oregon.
    University of Oregon is in Eugene. University of Portland and Portland State are in Portland, though, and they are both D1 schools. Plus, there are always the Portland Timbers.

    And as you said, Vancouver is just across the border. The Vancouver Canucks are an NHL team that recently won their conference.

    As far as Mike Wells is concerned. He is a journalist but he's also a human being. He should be free to speak his mind.

    And he has a valid point. The Pacers have a number of die hards that will follow the team no matter what. But the Blazers have more die hards. It's simple.

    I just hope that our fan base is going to expand and have a hardcore following as big as the Blazers
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  8. #57
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,591

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I would like your opinion on something...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And as you said, Vancouver is just across the border.
    This is Vancouver Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Vancouver Canucks are an NHL team that recently won their conference.
    This is Vancouver BC Canada

    Two VERY different cities VERY far apart.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  9. #58
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: I would like your opinion on something...

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We also tend to favor teams that play hard every time they come onto the floor. That's simply not the case in the NBA.
    The Pacers do play hard every time they come onto the floor.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  10. #59
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: I would like your opinion on something...

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is Vancouver Washington

    This is Vancouver BC Canada

    Two VERY different cities VERY far apart.
    My bad

    I seem to be under the impression that Oregon, Washington and British Columbia are very close to each other. Well, that's what too much Cascadian Black Metal does to a person
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  11. #60
    Brian Mac_Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    University Heights
    Age
    28
    Posts
    569
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I would like your opinion on something...

    Personally, I wouldn't want a homer being our beat writer. I look at articles I see on ESPN by Heat and Lakers writers and I have to cringe because its just terrible. I actually just read an article about how Dywane Wade's pump-fake tends to fake out younger players (of course vets don't fall for it, they're vets).

    I don't mind a guy speaking his mind at all. Twitter is an open forum and you can't expect to tell a guy he's doing a bad job and not expect retort.


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mac_Daddy For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Opinion, Please
    By mboyle1313 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 11:12 PM
  2. I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion...
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 10:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •