Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers Blazers post game

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Blazers post game

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel like that's happening more and more often. If he's not getting a lot of pass deflections, Hill has kind of turned into a lazy defensive player this year. He is routinely getting beaten on the defensive end, which is far different than his game last year.
    What I've noticed about Hill (and I noticed it last season as well) is that there are times when Hill is physically out on the court but mentally some where else during stretches of game (not every game and not too often...but enough to notice). Is he thinking of the polar bears at the Indy Zoo? Is he distracted by a beautiful women in the stands? Did someone do something on Pacers Digest that bothered him ("Why the hell am I the 'Invisible Woman'" is what he might be thinking tonight)?

Who knows...I sure don't.

Banned

@Pacers: "Their ball movement is something I envy, something that our team needs to get to." - Coach Vogel credits Portland in his postgame comments

I agree, the Pacers offense is going to give the Pacers issues on the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    This team would be so much better if Hill and Hibbert actually played up to their contracts. We basically have 20 million of worthless players at the moment. You can add in Granger since hes injured so that would be 32 million.

Now we're back to the 5th seed, Bulls are ahead of us and keep on winning these close games, really bugs me a lot.

And if being the 5th seed will rob West or George from an all star spot for Deng or some other player, that would be annoying.
    There's a knee-jerk reaction thread here, buddy.

Sports Logo

Now we're back to the 5th seed, Bulls are ahead of us and keep on winning these close games, really bugs me a lot.
    You know, we're essentially tied with the Bulls..
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    @Pacers: "Their ball movement is something I envy, something that our team needs to get to." - Coach Vogel credits Portland in his postgame comments

I agree, the Pacers offense is going to give the Pacers issues on the playoffs.
    Nice seeing Frank talk about ball movement
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Merz View Post
    What I've noticed about Hill (and I noticed it last season as well) is that there are times when Hill is physically out on the court but mentally some where else during stretches of game (not every game and not too often...but enough to notice). Is he thinking of the polar bears at the Indy Zoo? Is he distracted by a beautiful women in the stands? Did someone do something on Pacers Digest that bothered him ("Why the hell am I the 'Invisible Woman'" is what he might be thinking tonight)?

Who knows...I sure don't.
    I think Gerald Green is the invisible woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Hibbert and Hill....worthless. Fantastic. I love this board after losses. So much good comedy going on.
    Obviously, you know what I mean by worthless in this sense.

20 million should be much more production then what we've been getting.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    I certainly respect your passion for this team, but I really don't understand how you can consider yourself a realist.
    How does my statement not make me a realist?

Do you want me to tell you that Hibbert deserves 14 million a year?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    Not in the traditional sense, no, but he is still our starting PG.
    Do you not see that as an issue with this team, particularly the ball movement Coach Vogel was referencing?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    I think Gerald Green is the invisible woman.
    Agreed on Green...I'm just talking about that picture in one of the other threads (I think it's the Paul George nickname one) as to what Hill might of been thinking of (and of course I'm joking)

How does my statement not make me a realist?

Do you want me to tell you that Hibbert deserves 14 million a year?
    No, but off that reasoning I'd like you to tell me with a straight face that Hill and Hibbert are worth 0 again.
    follow me @KeifDye - lets talk Pacers!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

While I don't miss Gerald Green thunking wide-open jumpers off of the rim, I do miss the 4-6 absolutely wide open jumpers he creates most games with his good off-ball movement. OJ just doesn't create the same opportunities he does. If Green can get in some quality extra practice time with his reduced role and start making those jumpers off of curls and screens, he's a valuable part of the team.

If not, we lose a possibly good dynamic to our offense this year.
    Last edited by aamcguy; 01-24-2013 at 01:17 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    Do you not see that as an issue with this team, particularly the ball movement Coach Vogel was referencing?
    I do, but I'm not quite sure what you're getting at.
    follow me @KeifDye - lets talk Pacers!

22/31 shots in the paint any team will lose with that defense and it started from the guards all the way to late rotations

Bought court side at the last minute. Everybody looked a bit slow. Perhaps low expectations after the win in Memphis. Portland appeared to be a little more physical on D, but it has been a while since going to a live game. Danny was in uniform at shoot-around. Quinn and my wife has a nice conversation. There were moments when they had it together but could not hold D and sustain progress or tempo.

I try not to read too much into a single win or loss but I thought this game showed a lot of the deep weaknesses of this Pacer team and I was upset watching it and I'm still upset thinking about it after. Even with some big wins recently, games like this are the reason I wouldn't list the Pacers as even a fringe contender at this point.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I went to sleep before the second quarter ended when they were down 12. Glad I didn't stay up....
    BUILT, NOT BOUGHT

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

I watched this game at 2:00am on dvr and didn't get to dissect the game as usual do to being under the weather

4 main things I took from the game.

1. When are we going to get George Hill back...he has been MIA for quite awhile now and frankly It's getting disturbing

2. Paul played a good game, but I wished he would have and the team had worked better to get him going more.

3. I would have rather seen Gerald out there instead of painfully having to watch Orlando "No" Jones.

4. Those "REFS" sucked A S S!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    You have to think that jet lag might be a factor for our sluggishness on defense and inability to react to their fast paced jump shooting offense.

To go from playing a 1pm game to playing what is a 10pm game on the other side of the country for Pacers players with only 1 day in between is pretty rough, even considering they get 1 day of "rest."
    Did you intend to post this in green?

I am often the first one to accept and understand with the NBA schedule some nights the schedule (not the opponent) is going to beat you, but that was not the case against the Blazers at all. An early afternoon game and then a 10:00 PM game sjhould make it much easier to adjust.

No, this game was a case where the Blazers played really, really well, and the Pacers weren't very interested until it was way too late

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Why did Lance play 40 minutes?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Not sure, but Frank played his starters until the end of the game even though ithe outcome was decided much earlier. I think Frank wasn't too happy with the team so he made the starters stay out there.

No point to be made here, but I found it interesting that Lance's plus/minus was -4 in a game where he played 40 minutes and the pacers lost by 20 points. That means in the 8 minutes when he was on the bench the pacers were outscored by 16.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 01-24-2013 at 08:40 AM.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I was going to say something about that in my original post too, but I back spaced it off. I didn't want to upset the born ready lovers here. Glad to see you mentioning it.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Coming into the road trip most of us said that if we go 2-2 on this trip that we'd be content. Well unfortunately this was an ugly one to put in the L column. Nobody could guard Aldridge, Paul couldn't score effectively on Batum early in the game, and we had ZERO easy baskets all game. It's pretty disappointing with the Blazers having lost 6 in a row, but it is what it is.

A few thoughts:

**G. Hill needs to start playing better. I love George and what he brings, but he's been on and off the past 10 games or so. We need him to be on a little more consistently. He'll never be a guy that makes others better, so he needs to find ways to get easier buckets for himself during the game.

**A mobile big that can shoot combined with guards that can shoot are going to KILL this defense lol. I'm not asking for changes because our defense has been GREAT all season. But we definitely see that it's the teams that can spread us out that kill us. I wish we could find a way to figure those teams out, because sometimes we have zero answers.

**PG needs to learn to be as effective on the road as he is at home. I know he had 22 by the final buzzer, but for much of the game it felt like Batum was holding him in check (or falling down flopping--whatever you wanna call it) Paul's road woes are making it hard to be even average on the road. I suspect Danny will help here BIG TIME...speaking of which...

******'s games like this where I miss Danny the most. He would have been perfect to have in this game offensively. Batum can only guard one man, which would allow either Danny or Paul to attack Wes Matthews a little bit. The added 15-18 ppg that Danny should (hopefully) give us will be HUGE

BIG GAME in Utah. Chi-town is ahead of us, and the Nets are hot. I know playoff seeding doesn't matter now, but I want to continue to see the Pacers be a top 3 team in the East.

LeBron was called for 3 fouls against the Blazers.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Haven't watched the game bar the first period and the beginning of the second, but I would guess that's why we need to sort that offense out cause we can't win every game just by playing top defense. Especially when there are days, and it's completely understandable, when we can't bring our elite D. Danny can't come back soon enough.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth