Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger taking part in full speed drills.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Danny Granger taking part in full speed drills.

I'd put a bet down that we could see Danny against Chi next week. I think he would skip the ATL game then (and maybe Philly too), but I could see him dressing for the Chi game.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Banned

Not sure if it matters but for comparison, Curry is not even able to be in shootaround while Danny is able to be in the Pacers scrimmage, what's the difference?

@basketballtalk: Stephen Curry misses shootaround, don’t bet on him playing Thursday http://t.co/bPMHn2kZ #PBT #NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd put a bet down that we could see Danny against Chi next week. I think he would skip the ATL game then (and maybe Philly too), but I could see him dressing for the Chi game.
    In just four days? I don't see it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    Hell yeah, looks like Granger has been able to at least shoot all year, hopefully this means he comes out on fire...

Hill and PG, you'll be there someday, but Granger's still the best shooter!
    It was a half court shootout....

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ejwallace For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ejwallace View Post
    It was a half court shootout....

AHhh boo =(
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    AHhh boo =(
    Why boo? That's awesome. Gotta use more legs on a shot that far away. Probably why PG figured he had an advantage.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    Why boo? That's awesome. Gotta use more legs on a shot that far away. Probably why PG figured he had an advantage.
    Well, a legit three point contest would probably have a ton of shots... If it was half court it sounds like they probably threw up a couple, and Granger happened to win.

I guess I'd be more impressed if they were all taking 20 shots or so from downtown versus a few from halfcourt, but I guess I really don't know what happened.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Tried to start a new thread, but apparently failed. Danny Participated in a full contact halfcourt scrimmage today.

http://www.eightpointsnineseconds.co...e-this-season/

Man the wait is awful

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Danny Granger Practices For Real for the First Time This Season

http://www.eightpointsnineseconds.co...e-this-season/
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    @ScottAgness: Danny Granger took part in his first live action in practice -- 20min in half-court. Then, he took PG's and Hill's money in their shoot-off.
    Upon hearing the news that Danny took something that had previously been secured by a teammate, Troy Murphy rejoiced in laughter...

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Phree Refill For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Phree Refill View Post
    Upon hearing the news that Danny took something that had previously been secured by a teammate, Troy Murphy rejoiced in laughter...
    Legitimately LOL'd
    Grown Man Ball

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/sports/pacers_and_nba/danny-granger-practices-with-pacers

Danny Granger practices with Pacers

Updated: Thursday, 31 Jan 2013, 5:31 PM EST
    Published : Thursday, 31 Jan 2013, 5:12 PM EST

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Pacer Danny Granger, who has yet to play this season, is a step closer to returning.
    Granger was suffering from knee tendinosis and received an injection in his left knee in November.

The team expected the former All-Star forward to miss three months of action.

Thursday, Granger took part in his first full contact practice with his team. He looked pretty comfortable moving around and he also beat George Hill and Paul George in a half court shooting contest.

"He had about 20 minutes of half court live action, his first real live action this whole period. This was his first day and I think he looked pretty good," said head coach Frank Vogel. "We’re still hopeful he can get in some game action before the all-star break."

"It was great to see him back out there. He was a great passer today, maybe because we thought he was going to shoot the ball a lot and we tried to double-team him, but he was making a lot of great passes. To see him back out there moving really gives us high hopes," added guard George Hill.

The Pacers host Miami Friday night at the Fieldhouse.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    @ScottAgness: PG on Granger taking his $ in shootout: We didn’t forget about what Danny could do, but we didnt know he could do it at that level right now
    Thanks for posting these, seriously.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

What's funny is that Danny's team mates almost always have a higher opinion of him than most fans do. Reading George Hill talk about high hopes with Danny out there reminded me of that.

I was thinking about one of our posters (I can't remember who it was) that actually was at the airport with Brandon Rush over a summer and he was talking to him and asking who was the toughest person to guard & of course LeBron & Bryant were said but then he made it a point to tell him that Danny it the toughest player to guard every day in practice and that people really have no idea how good he is.

I can't wait for his return.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

MIP for 2013-2014 season docpaul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    What's funny is that Danny's team mates almost always have a higher opinion of him than most fans do. Reading George Hill talk about high hopes with Danny out there reminded me of that.

I was thinking about one of our posters (I can't remember who it was) that actually was at the airport with Brandon Rush over a summer and he was talking to him and asking who was the toughest person to guard & of course LeBron & Bryant were said but then he made it a point to tell him that Danny it the toughest player to guard every day in practice and that people really have no idea how good he is.

I can't wait for his return.
    When I had the chance to talk with Brandon Rush the other summer for a while, the one thing he was unequivocal about was his opinion of Danny. He thought Danny was the best player he'd ever played with and had a ton of respect for him as both a player and a person.

It was striking given his general vibe of being a team malcontent.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Mood

Danny is a damn good player, his impact last year was gigantic. The Pacers were 8.1 points worse on offense with him on the bench and allowed 3.6 more points per 48 minutes when he sat relative to when he was on the court. That's HUGE over the course of an entire season. In comparison Roy, who many considered our best player last season the team was +4.1 on offense and -.4 on defense. With Danny that's a net gain of almost 12 points per 48 minutes. Noone else on our team had nearly the same impact last season.

If Danny gets back to the level he played at post-ASB last season we're legitimate contenders. That's how good Danny can be.

We were quite good last season, even though West wasn't half the player he has been so far this season, Lance wasn't a quarter of the player he is today, and Paul was just an OK starter as opposed to a star player. Add Danny to those guys and we could have something special.

Once Danny is back to his typical level we probably have among the best 2-3-4-5 starting unit in the NBA on this side of Wade-Lebron-Bosh-insert random dude.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    @ScottAgness: PG on Granger taking his $ in shootout: We didn’t forget about what Danny could do, but we didnt know he could do it at that level right now
    I think we all will be very happy with Danny now that he's not the only "star" on the team, he's coming into a situation where i'm confident in saying that David and Paul are just as good or in Paul's case perhaps even better than he is. We always said during the dark ages that we needed either one guy clearly better than Danny for him to play Robin to, or two more guys at Danny's level before we talk about seriously contending. We may be at the point where we have both, a star who is better than Granger, and another guy who is at least as good as him as well.

Not to mention Lance looking like he could be a Dynamite sub and Mahinmi, whatever one thinks about him, being a massive upgrade to Amundson, and hopefully a rejuvenated Hansbrough (who has been playing much, much better as of late than he did early in the year or last season)

Now let's see Roy get his touch back (he's not there yet, but he's quietly put up 11.5/8.7 with 2.5 block and more importantly on 48 percent from the field in 28.7 mpg over the last 10, which is closer to where we need him to be) and we're really talking something special as a Pacers fan.
    Last edited by daschysta; 02-01-2013 at 12:41 AM.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    When I had the chance to talk with Brandon Rush the other summer for a while, the one thing he was unequivocal about was his opinion of Danny. He thought Danny was the best player he'd ever played with and had a ton of respect for him as both a player and a person.

It was striking given his general vibe of being a team malcontent.
    Were you the poster who was with Brandon at the airport?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Were you the poster who was with Brandon at the airport?
    Yes.

Yes.
    Cool, I could not remember who it was. Do you remember what thread that post was in? I'd like to read it again.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cool, I could not remember who it was. Do you remember what thread that post was in? I'd like to read it again.
    just found it:
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...ort&highlight=

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Man, I forgot how much people jumped on me over that one. Things were more tense on the board back then.

The funny thing is that the chance encounter was all 100% true, and most of it (with the exception of PG failing to live up to his potential) was simply a reflection of Rush being on-point.

Man, I forgot how much people jumped on me over that one. Things were more tense on the board back then.

The funny thing is that the chance encounter was all 100% true, and most of it (with the exception of PG failing to live up to his potential) was simply a reflection of Rush being on-point.
    You know, he was actually even right about PG. PG didn't have the demeanor at that time to be an all-star. B-Rush said PG could probably change and boy has PG improved in that aspect. He's developing that killer instinct before our eyes.

The good thing is it seems like the Pacers haven't really rushed him back throughout this process.

Furthermore, Granger doesn't really rely on his athleticism to score which is another good sign. (Obviously we want the knee to be healthy).

And btw, Granger had a terrible pre all-star split stat last year compared to post all star.

We can definitely use 19.5 PPG 5.5 rebounds, 2 threes, and 45% from the field from Granger the rest of the way.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

I just woke up at 3:45 am and was dreaming 3's all over the place led by Danny against someone in the finals... It was a fun dream. Going back to bed now.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post: