Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Danny Granger taking part in full speed drills.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Danny Granger taking part in full speed drills.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scrimmaging is better than full contact drills.
    True but in Danny's case full contact drills are not really necessary. Rose needs the full contact drills to see if his ligaments will hold after taking a hit. Danny does not have a ligament issue.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Not sure if it matters but for comparison, Curry is not even able to be in shootaround while Danny is able to be in the Pacers scrimmage, what's the difference?

@basketballtalk: Stephen Curry misses shootaround, donít bet on him playing Thursday http://t.co/bPMHn2kZ #PBT #NBA
    Well, Curry has an ankle sprain. Given the testified history of his ankles the Warriors want to rest him as much as possible. In other words, it's probably dangerous for Curry's health to be out there at the moment. One more ankle sprain and he could be out for the season.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    Man, I forgot how much people jumped on me over that one. Things were more tense on the board back then.

The funny thing is that the chance encounter was all 100% true, and most of it (with the exception of PG failing to live up to his potential) was simply a reflection of Rush being on-point.
    Fascinating. I'd love to hear guys' thoughts on Lance now... he seems to be maturing on the court, it would be nice to know if he's maturing off of it.

Ironically, a healthy Rush would be a great fit on this team right now.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    True but in Danny's case full contact drills are not really necessary. Rose needs the full contact drills to see if his ligaments will hold after taking a hit. Danny does not have a ligament issue.
    True, but scrimmaging would be the last step in the process to see how the knee reacts to the stress of actually playing. If he's not getting swelling and/or pain, they'll start running him up and down, and then start increasing the minutes played. The next step would be games, I would expect anyways.

Rose's injury is about gaining strength and stability. Danny's is about seeing what he's capable of handling.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would LOVE to see Danny dress tonight....Don't even play him, just put his butt in some pinstripes....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ejwallace For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    It was striking given his general vibe of being a team malcontent.
    I really don't think Brandon was the malcontent that we thought he was at the time(especially seeing how Dunleavy acts now that he has left Indiana), I just think a change of scenery was what he needed to have when we traded him out.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Fascinating. I'd love to hear guys' thoughts on Lance now... he seems to be maturing on the court, it would be nice to know if he's maturing off of it.

Ironically, a healthy Rush would be a great fit on this team right now.
    I disagree. Rush was dealt because he has character issues.. other than the obvious Rush also doesnt really seem to care. Maybe that would have changed now that this team is contending and reaching the playoffs. I would rather have a guy like OJ getting minutes who really cares and will work his butt off to get better.

Larry was willing to trade Rush for about anything and that to me says volumes about Rush as a person and maybe not so much as a basketball player. There is no doubt Rush would have been a quality sub. Obviously Larry saw things that none of on PD are truly aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    And btw, Granger had a terrible pre all-star split stat last year compared to post all star.

We can definitely use 19.5 PPG 5.5 rebounds, 2 threes, and 45% from the field from Granger the rest of the way.
    You can really just take out his first 12 games last season and you get about the same numbers. You don't have to take out everything before the ASB.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    I disagree. Rush was dealt because he has character issues.. other than the obvious Rush also doesnt really seem to care. Maybe that would have changed now that this team is contending and reaching the playoffs. I would rather have a guy like OJ getting minutes who really cares and will work his butt off to get better.

Larry was willing to trade Rush for about anything and that to me says volumes about Rush as a person and maybe not so much as a basketball player. There is no doubt Rush would have been a quality sub. Obviously Larry saw things that none of on PD are truly aware of.
    Nothing about Rush's play in Golden State made me think he didn't care. He's just quiet. As far as character, I get the moral hazard of having a weed smoker on the team, but when it comes to what he did on the floor I'm willing to believe what was said in that interview about Rush's role on the team under O'Brien.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Just a little tidbit that just came across my timeline...

Grown Man Ball

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    I really don't think Brandon was the malcontent that we thought he was at the time(especially seeing how Dunleavy acts now that he has left Indiana), I just think a change of scenery was what he needed to have when we traded him out.
    I agree 100%. If you follow Golden State at all (I do, because that's where Brandon and Jarrett Jack, and Coach Jackson are at) it's pretty obvious that he is very highly thought of by his teammates. Losing him this season was a huge blow to their team and their fan base. They love him out in Cali. I've always wished it could have worked out here. He was my favorite player while he was here.
    Grown Man Ball

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI
    Frank Vogel says Danny Granger went through a contact practice yesterday. No setback. Targeting before the All-Star break.

Banned

Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA
    Vogel said Granger had the typical soreness that was expected after scrimmaging for 20 minutes yesterday.

Any update of Granger's return?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Nothing about Rush's play in Golden State made me think he didn't care. He's just quiet. As far as character, I get the moral hazard of having a weed smoker on the team, but when it comes to what he did on the floor I'm willing to believe what was said in that interview about Rush's role on the team under O'Brien.
    With all the emphasis on 'changing the culture' here and the fact that this is Indiana after all, the weed smoking issue is a big one. I like Rush. I think he is a decent player. And the 3 man rotation of Paul, Danny and Rush would have been a very strong one.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    With all the emphasis on 'changing the culture' here and the fact that this is Indiana after all, the weed smoking issue is a big one. I like Rush. I think he is a decent player. And the 3 man rotation of Paul, Danny and Rush would have been a very strong one.
    He wanted to be traded and he got traded. Oh well. He would be a nice third wing, but he wasn't really very good next to Danny anyway.

We need him for this back to back to back.

I say play him about 12 minutes vs Chicago, let him sit the next game, and play him about 20 minutes on the last night of this gruesome part of our schedule.

I say play him about 12 minutes vs Chicago, let him sit the next game, and play him about 20 minutes on the last night of this gruesome part of our schedule.
    Those are too many mins. There's no way he'll get 20 mins in his 2nd game
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

is this about Granger? Is Granger able to play tomorrow or something?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    is this about Granger? Is Granger able to play tomorrow or something?
    I doubt it.

I'm buying into the idea out there that says bring Danny in as the 6th man for the rest of the year. He's starter quality of course, but this team's chemistry is off the charts right now. Now worried about it offensively, but am worried about adjustments on Defense. Not sure Granger can guard players like Wade and Rip, and I want Paul guarding Lebron all game. Gonna be a crazy month of march watching this team and Granger adjust. Would like to see him get a some minutes at the 4. He is really good at guarding PF's.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I'm buying into the idea out there that says bring Danny in as the 6th man for the rest of the year. He's starter quality of course, but this team's chemistry is off the charts right now. Now worried about it offensively, but am worried about adjustments on Defense. Not sure Granger can guard players like Wade and Rip, and I want Paul guarding Lebron all game. Gonna be a crazy month of march watching this team and Granger adjust. Would like to see him get a some minutes at the 4. He is really good at guarding PF's.
    If there would be one thing you wouldn't want Granger to do coming off a knee injury that has kept him out the majority of the season, I would think it would be go and bang with guys consistently 20-30 pounds bigger than he is. I can see him getting some run at the PF spot when Lance is having a good game, and maybe even some extended time there against stretch 4's on occasion, but I think it would be better if you can alleviate unnecessary stress on the knee until we're sure he's fully healthy.

Love Rush, (great friends with PG) but glad he isn't here. Not a good fit with the Pacers and just a fantastic fit with Golden State. Great for both teams.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Rush works well with run and gun teams getting to float on the perimeter. Here, you just have to play different. Rush is just too timid. OJ is going to end up being a much better fit than Rush. Just as good of a shooter, and he'll probably play as good of defense too in a couple years.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%