Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What NBA players could destroy the Pacers locker room chemistry?

Default Re: What NBA players could destroy the Pacers locker room chemistry?

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Forget about what he'd do to lockerroom chemistry. A chucker without a conscience would destroy on-court chemistry.

Don't talk about Danny that way.......j/k

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

What do you guys think of Nate Robinson? Could he destroy some of our chemistry, if he was playing here? As sad as it sounds, I think he would be better than Augustine...

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

JOB and his trailing 3 rebound stealing machine Troy Murphy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SkipperZ View Post
    its interesting. sometimes i feel like a chucker without a conscience coming off our bench is exactly what this team needs.
    Gerald Green strongly agrees.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Gerald Green strongly agrees.
    Hahaha. True but after witnessing the New York -Boston game yesterday, I can surely say there is no bigger chucker than JR Smith. He has taken chucking, to a whole new level.

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Hahaha. True but after witnessing the New York -Boston game yesterday, I can surely say there is no bigger chucker than JR Smith. He has taken chucking, to a whole new level.
    Nick Young begs to differ.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

its interesting. sometimes i feel like a chucker without a conscience coming off our bench is exactly what this team needs.
    Well, I don't like that combo (chucker, no conscience), but there's no doubt our bench could use a current vintage of Dell Curry, circa 1993-94. (season averages of 7-14 from the floor in 27 mpg with 0 starts, 16 ppg, 3 apg, 3 rpg). But I think he might be the best pure shooter I've ever seen, so that's a tall order.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

This is really digressing, so I apologize in advance.

I'd mentioned this in another thread, but there really is an advantage to having a chucker come the playoffs. Every year, there's a chucker that wins a ballgame in the playoffs (without necessarily shooting their team out of any other games). Two seasons ago it was Jamaal Crawford against the Magic, last season it was Nick Young against Memphis.

The great thing about the playoffs is that coaches have shorter leashes for the bench players. If a chucker is hot, leave him in. If not, pull him immediately.

There is a group of players in the NBA that I call Chuckers Anonymous. The charter members are Nick Young, Jamal Crawford, Jordan Crawford, Lou Williams, Nate Robinson, JR Smith, Monta Ellis, Marcus Thornton, Marshon Brooks, Dion Waiters, Ben Gordon and Toney Douglas. These are guys with habits of taking bad shots early in the shot clock. However, when it really comes to overall shooting, here's a small list of this season's leaders in shots per minute (300 minutes played min.):

Player SPM
    Carmelo Anthony 0.587
    Kobe Bryant 0.569
    Kyrie Irving 0.521
    Russell Westbrook 0.517
    Ben Gordon 0.508
    Eric Gordon 0.494
    Brook Lopez 0.489
    Raymond Felton 0.487
    Monta Ellis 0.485
    LeBron James 0.483
    Kevin Love 0.482
    DeMarcus Cousins 0.473
    Michael Beasley 0.468
    Dion Waiters 0.468
    LaMarcus Aldridge 0.467
    Kevin Durant 0.465
    Andrea Bargnani 0.464
    Al Jefferson 0.463
    Tony Parker 0.461
    James Harden 0.461
    Jamal Crawford 0.461
    Tim Duncan 0.460
    Kevin Seraphin 0.460
    J.R. Smith 0.458
    Jordan Crawford 0.458
    Last edited by imawhat; 01-25-2013 at 11:31 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Well, I don't like that combo (chucker, no conscience), but there's no doubt our bench could use a current vintage of Dell Curry, circa 1993-94. (season averages of 7-14 from the floor in 27 mpg with 0 starts, 16 ppg, 3 apg, 3 rpg). But I think he might be the best pure shooter I've ever seen, so that's a tall order.
    Go after Redick!

Apparently so did Bird when trying to get Mayo and Crawford.

Quote Originally Posted by InYaFace View Post
    What do you guys think of Nate Robinson? Could he destroy some of our chemistry, if he was playing here? As sad as it sounds, I think he would be better than Augustine...

I've watched Nate play numerous times this season, and I would not be a happy camper if the Pacers got him. It may just be my perception of him, but he's full of himself on the court to the point of being harmful to the games outcome. Sure he's a hustle player, but he's too reckless and makes poor decisions. I don't care for him. JMOAA

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post

Nick Young begs to differ.

When I think of chuckers he's definately in that group with JR Smith, both Crawfords, and Mayo. IIRC, at one time in last nites NY/Boston game JR was 1-9 shooting, and that didn't stop him from continuing to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This is really digressing, so I apologize in advance.

I'd mentioned this in another thread, but there really is an advantage to having a chucker come the playoffs. Every year, there's a chucker that wins a ballgame in the playoffs (without necessarily shooting their team out of any other games). Two seasons ago it was Jamaal Crawford against the Magic, last season it was Nick Young against Memphis.

The great thing about the playoffs is that coaches have shorter leashes for the bench players. If a chucker is hot, leave him in. If not, pull him immediately.

There is a group of players in the NBA that I call Chuckers Anonymous. The charter members are Nick Young, Jamal Crawford, Jordan Crawford, Lou Williams, Nate Robinson, JR Smith, Monta Ellis, Marcus Thornton, Marshon Brooks, Dion Waiters, Ben Gordon and Toney Douglas. These are guys with habits of taking bad shots early in the shot clock. However, when it really comes to overall shooting, here's a small list of this season's leaders in shots per minute (300 minutes played min.):

Player SPM
    Carmelo Anthony 0.587
    Kobe Bryant 0.569
    Kyrie Irving 0.521
    Russell Westbrook 0.517
    Ben Gordon 0.508
    Eric Gordon 0.494
    Brook Lopez 0.489
    Raymond Felton 0.487
    Monta Ellis 0.485
    LeBron James 0.483
    Kevin Love 0.482
    DeMarcus Cousins 0.473
    Michael Beasley 0.468
    Dion Waiters 0.468
    LaMarcus Aldridge 0.467
    Kevin Durant 0.465
    Andrea Bargnani 0.464
    Al Jefferson 0.463
    Tony Parker 0.461
    James Harden 0.461
    Jamal Crawford 0.461
    Tim Duncan 0.460
    Kevin Seraphin 0.460
    J.R. Smith 0.458
    Jordan Crawford 0.458

I've always wanted Marshon Brooks. To me, he'd be a great bench player bringing the scoring the 2nd unit needs. Walsh should have gone after Marshon instead of Green. JMOAA

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post

Go after Redick!

He'd be nice, but the Pacers don't have the money pay him to get him as a UFA. If you want him this year, what could the Pacers offer Orlando this year for his 6 mil services.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    He'd be nice, but the Pacers don't have the money pay him to get him as a UFA. If you want him this year, what could the Pacers offer Orlando this year for his 6 mil services.
    That's easy. Green and Tyler or DJ.

You said "offer".

As I say in my day job all the time, "this valuation does not guarantee that a buyer and seller will agree upon such a price in an actual transaction."
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

That's easy. Green and Tyler or DJ.

You said "offer".

As I say in my day job all the time, "this valuation does not guarantee that a buyer and seller will agree upon such a price in an actual transaction."

The problem with getting JJ is having to re-sign him next year. He'll want at least Hill type money. That's another reason I like Marshon Brooks who is on a rookie contract.

You're a pimp ??

I never made the connection. Go figure .............

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Free Lance.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Amare Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Mind of Whirled Pieces, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Zach Randolph, etc.