Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What NBA players could destroy the Pacers locker room chemistry?

Hybrid View

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default What NBA players could destroy the Pacers locker room chemistry?

Reading over the comments about JO and several of the NBAs favorite badboys got me wondering; are there any current NBA villains who combine both the skill and anger necessary to bring down our locker room?

I honestly don't believe JO could command enough attention to make a dent in it.

I'm going to say the most obvious choice to me Dwight Howard. An amazing talent who has probably seen his best days behind him will command the high dollar Max, and I believe that our roster leadership could probably not contain his bitter, diva, b**** made ***..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to *astrisk* For This Useful Post:

Default Re: What NBA players could destroy the Pacers locker room chemistry?

I could probably think of a few, but it is a testament to this teams locker room that I think there very few that could do anything.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

What do you guys think of Nate Robinson? Could he destroy some of our chemistry, if he was playing here? As sad as it sounds, I think he would be better than Augustine...

Quote Originally Posted by InYaFace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you guys think of Nate Robinson? Could he destroy some of our chemistry, if he was playing here? As sad as it sounds, I think he would be better than Augustine...

I've watched Nate play numerous times this season, and I would not be a happy camper if the Pacers got him. It may just be my perception of him, but he's full of himself on the court to the point of being harmful to the games outcome. Sure he's a hustle player, but he's too reckless and makes poor decisions. I don't care for him. JMOAA

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well more than you think considering it would take a trade of the Pacers talented good lockerroom guys for the talented headcase. I'll just throw out JR Smith as an example. If you traded DWest to the Knicks for JR, Shumpert, and their 1st. I would say that could eff up our chemistry pretty good.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diamond Dave For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Do I think JO would? No, not at this point cause he is a has been. But that doesn't mean I won't forever resent him and others for what I had to endure while they were here. So no, despite that he could do no harm, I would not take him back and want him to fade from the NBA without a team to call home for they way he carried himself while in the league.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diamond Dave For This Useful Post:

I guess the most important response would be "none that are presently on the team", followed by a second and equally important response of "none that are likely to be on the team", followed by the equally important response of "none that will ever be allowed to remain on the team".

If there is one thing I don't worry about, it is a known bad egg being acquired or a player developing into a bad egg being allowed to remain on the team. We've been there, done that and under Walsh or Bird anyway, it will never be allowed to happen again. Too many difficult lessons have already been learned.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

A guys talent on the court has no impact on his ability to destroy a lockerroom.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    A guys talent on the court has no impact on his ability to destroy a lockerroom.
    A guys talent on the court gives him a bigger Axe to swing... Doesn't mean you are going to bring down the oak. But it gives you a better chance.

Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    A guys talent on the court gives him a bigger Axe to swing... Doesn't mean you are going to bring down the oak. But it gives you a better chance.
    True, but thats because a team usually refuses to get rid of those guys at the first sign of trouble. Look at how many times we looked the other way for Ron Artest. Even though he was causing problems long before that. You think we would have let James Jones get away with the same stuff we let Ron Artest. Nah he would have either been cut or traded.

But if we were to trade for JO. We would be stuck with him essentially.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    True, but thats because a team usually refuses to get rid of those guys at the first sign of trouble. Look at how many times we looked the other way for Ron Artest. Even though he was causing problems long before that. You think we would have let James Jones get away with the same stuff we let Ron Artest. Nah he would have either been cut or traded.

But if we were to trade for JO. We would be stuck with him essentially.
    Stuck with him on an expiring deal. No way they would ever take Greens contract, but if they would as some PDers have suggested. Id easily roll the dice on JO.

Mood

Yeah, West is the key, obviously. Arguably, the heart and soul of the franchise. Best, most clutch player. (Currently) And he's a BAMF.

I agree with JR Smith, tho. A chucker without a conscience... He wouldn't have been a good get last year when we were looking at him.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    Yeah, West is the key, obviously. Arguably, the heart and soul of the franchise. Best, most clutch player. (Currently) And he's a BAMF.

I agree with JR Smith, tho. A chucker without a conscience... He wouldn't have been a good get last year when we were looking at him.
    Forget about what he'd do to lockerroom chemistry. A chucker without a conscience would destroy on-court chemistry.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    Forget about what he'd do to lockerroom chemistry. A chucker without a conscience would destroy on-court chemistry.

Don't talk about Danny that way.......j/k

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Demarcus Cousins. prob way more talented than Big Roy but no thanks. Him and Roy in the locker room would be a disaster. Cousins on any team for that part. maybe miami or san antone.

Sports Logo

Josh Smith. Maybe Cousins
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

This must be a bad dream.
    Mood

Sports Logo

Metta Peace, Stephen Jackson, Jamaal Tinsley

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RamBo_Lamar For This Useful Post:

With the current culture in the locker room I think it will take more than 1 player to disrupt the locker room chemistry.

And besides, chemistry starts from leadership and familiarity, starting from the coaching staff up to the players.

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

I actually think David West would be a really good mentor for Demarcus Cousins.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think a guy like Dwight Howard really missed out big time on having a mentor his first few years. Sad to see a guy with his level of talent not having being able to work with his team and coaching staff.

how could we possibly answer the question? There is no way to know

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Which NBA players could destroy the earth?

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Which NBA players could destroy the earth?
    http://www.michiganradio.org/post/ma...detroit-summer

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Any?

Every player mentioned in this thread but Cousins has been an important part of at least one very good team. Some, like Smith, Artest, and Jackson have been on several. The fact that they have had maturity issues doesn't mean that they were a driving force behind locker room issues. Or that if there were locker room issues, whether they were superficial or substantial. Like Unclebuck said, how could we possibly know?

37. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post: