Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 111

Thread: Danny Hatred?

  1. #1

    Default Danny Hatred?

    What is with the trade suggestions for Granger? Have seen Robinson, Calderon. I mean sure I'd like to add those guys to the team right now, but not at the expense of Danny. People seem to forget what Danny brings to the table because of the rise of George. This is how I see this years team compared to last years.

    Hill = Hill
    George >>>>>>> Last years George
    Granger = Granger
    West > Last Years West
    Hibbert < Last Years Hibbert (Hopefully he gets back to form)

    Augustin < Collison (Not too bad of a difference, Augustin is playing a bit better with starters)
    Stephenson >>>>>> Barbosa
    Hansbrough = Hansbrough
    Mahinmi >>>>>>>> Amundson
    Green = Jones

    Put it simply the improvements of Stephenson and Paul George have made us a better team than last year, but this does not mean we can be better without Danny Granger in the mix. Now if we somehow we can get a player like DeMarcus Cousins out of him sure do it. Other than that I would like to see Danny added to this team, knowing that Paul George now knows his role is to be the main man on offense, and George will actually help Danny get open looks, our shooting % should go way up.

  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,525

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    I will re-post what I posted in the other thread about going after a new PG:

    The reality is that for every Player....with the exception of the Golden Boy....there will always be something to complain about while looking for an upgrade....why? cuz the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,937

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    Thank you
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  6. #4
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,800
    Mood

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    No Hatred from me. I'm excited to see Danny get back. I just hope he gets back 100%. He deserves no less.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  7. #5
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,923

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    I didn't realize entertaining the idea of trading someone meant you hated them...it is possible to believe you can improve the roster by dealing a player you like for another player you like more.

  8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  9. #6
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,937

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't realize entertaining the idea of trading someone meant you hated them...it is possible to believe you can improve the roster by dealing a player you like for another player you like more.
    "Hate" is kind of a strong word but some people seem prone to replace a veteran of our team in order to go young. That's not always conductive to playoff success, though.

    I'm sure that you have this in Detroit as well. I'm sure that there are fans more than willing to trade Prince in order to go young.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  10. #7
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Hate" is kind of a strong word but some people seem prone to replace a veteran of our team in order to go young. That's not always conductive to playoff success, though.

    I'm sure that you have this in Detroit as well. I'm sure that there are fans more than willing to trade Prince in order to go young.
    Age is irrelevant. It isn't about trading age for youth. It's about trading an asset for a better asset, or assets. It isn't even necessary for that asset to be a better player, sometimes he just might be a better fit.

  11. #8
    Member HickeyS2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis/Sacramento
    Posts
    844

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    Here is my concern. If we trade Granger, who is gonna get in LeBron's face during the playoffs? Not Hibbert. Danny gives this team an attitude we just don't have without him.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HickeyS2000 For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Cool Re: Danny Hatred?

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is with the trade suggestions for Granger? Have seen Robinson, Calderon. I mean sure I'd like to add those guys to the team right now, but not at the expense of Danny. People seem to forget what Danny brings to the table because of the rise of George. This is how I see this years team compared to last years.

    Hill = Hill
    George >>>>>>> Last years George
    Granger = Granger
    West > Last Years West
    Hibbert < Last Years Hibbert (Hopefully he gets back to form)

    Augustin < Collison (Not too bad of a difference, Augustin is playing a bit better with starters)
    Stephenson >>>>>> Barbosa
    Hansbrough = Hansbrough
    Mahinmi >>>>>>>> Amundson
    Green = Jones

    Put it simply the improvements of Stephenson and Paul George have made us a better team than last year, but this does not mean we can be better without Danny Granger in the mix. Now if we somehow we can get a player like DeMarcus Cousins out of him sure do it. Other than that I would like to see Danny added to this team, knowing that Paul George now knows his role is to be the main man on offense, and George will actually help Danny get open looks, our shooting % should go way up.
    I am not a Granger hater but he has limitations and PG is now better at that position than Granger is or was. I don't see how you can say this years Granger = Last years Granger when he hasn't played a game and we don't know how well he close he will be when he returns. This was a very serious injury. I also do not believe that Granger will allow Paul George to be the "main man" on offense.....

  14. #10
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is my concern. If we trade Granger, who is gonna get in LeBron's face during the playoffs? Not Hibbert. Danny gives this team an attitude we just don't have without him.
    Because that fake toughness really helped last year...

  15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  16. #11
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,800
    Mood

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    I'm going to throw some Hibbert hatred out now that he is eligible for trade as of today.
    Yes, he is our defensive anchor, but he is like a boat anchor more times then not this year. So, ask yourself, if he doesn't get it going very soon, wouldn't he be an ideal trade piece to fix the cap problem we will enter into this summer. West could be resigned and Danny kept with no problem. We could get a defensive minded center with a high rebound rate for a lot less.

    Nene was traded for McGee and Nene has had a history of injuries prior to that trade. So we should be able to get a better return for Hibbert.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  17. #12
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,189

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because that fake toughness really helped last year...
    It's not about "fake toughness". It's about having an attitude, and intensity. It wasn't just against the Heat in the playoffs, Danny brought some intensity to the team that is very similar to the swagger that Lance brings. During games against Minnesota, Milwaukee, ORL, when Danny would get a little chippy, the team seemed to thrive.

    It was only against the Heat that the team didn't rise above the opponent once the chippiness happens. (even though the Pacers won the games where the first two instances occurred)

    Edit: I bet if Danny were playing during the incident when KG knocked Tyler's block off, #33 would have had something to say. I'm not saying the Pacers would win the game necessarily, but Danny isn't intimidated by anyone.
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 01-15-2013 at 08:55 AM.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  19. #13
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't realize entertaining the idea of trading someone meant you hated them...it is possible to believe you can improve the roster by dealing a player you like for another player you like more.
    I'm fairly certain you'd have to hate Danny to consider trading him for Calderon to be a move forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because that fake toughness really helped last year...
    Probably did help, just not enough.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  21. #14
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,937

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Age is irrelevant. It isn't about trading age for youth. It's about trading an asset for a better asset, or assets. It isn't even necessary for that asset to be a better player, sometimes he just might be a better fit.
    If this asset helps us win more then I'm all for it.

    But most of those trade ideas involve getting players that will not help us win at all at the moment. They may or may not help us win more in the future. In other words, people seem inclined to trade proven worth for potential.

    And no, to some people age is not irrelevant.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  23. #15
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,745

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    I say we stand pat on our team and not make any trades - I like our team!
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:


  25. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,005

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    Enough with the trades already, can we at least wait until the offseason. I mean come on, this core group has only been together for 1 season, even the Heat didn't win a championship their first season together.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  27. #17

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is my concern. If we trade Granger, who is gonna get in LeBron's face during the playoffs? Not Hibbert. Danny gives this team an attitude we just don't have without him.
    Probably Lance. Or David West.

    Heck if that's what you need trade him for Artest! D'Antoni would love Granger.

  28. #18
    Member ejwallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    837
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is my concern. If we trade Granger, who is gonna get in LeBron's face during the playoffs? Not Hibbert. Danny gives this team an attitude we just don't have without him.
    Did you totally miss the last Pacers/Heat game?? PG24 played Lebron pretty darn good. Did he stop him and shut him down, no, but he got in his face, played him tough, and negated his game by matching him stat wise....

    George:
    29 pts, 2 ast, 11 reb

    Lebron:
    22 pts, 4 ast, 10 reb

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ejwallace For This Useful Post:


  30. #19
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,937

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because that fake toughness really helped last year...
    "Fake toughness"
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  32. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't realize entertaining the idea of trading someone meant you hated them...it is possible to believe you can improve the roster by dealing a player you like for another player you like more.
    A lot of people in PD believe that if you want to trade somebody "you hate them" and if you are looking at somebody on another team "you are looking at the green grass", funny how nobody is mentioning the time the Pacers were looking at the "green grass" when they made the George Hill trade, they were also looking at the "green grass" when they decided to sing David West.

  33. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is my concern. If we trade Granger, who is gonna get in LeBron's face during the playoffs? Not Hibbert. Danny gives this team an attitude we just don't have without him.
    Just tell Boomer to get in Lebron's face and you get the same result.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-15-2013 at 04:49 PM.

  34. #22
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,937

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot of people in PD believe that if you want to trade somebody "you hate them"
    Nope.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and if you are looking at somebody on another team "you are looking at the green grass"
    Nope.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    funny how nobody is mentioning the time the Pacers were looking at the "green grass" when they made the George Hill trade
    That's called a trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they were also looking at the "green grass" when they decided to sing David West.
    That's called an FA signing.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  36. #23
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I've never wanted to trade Danny. Still not.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  37. #24
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Fake toughness"
    For me its not all that nonsense, but that Danny can guard those big Small Fowards really well. PG can do it way better, way sooner than I suspected, but Danny is built to do a nice job on them. I wouldn't mind a reversal of roles between him and PG, when Granger gets back. Danny focuses on Defense (like he used to) PG takes a bigger scoring load (like he is now). I think its a huge win, if you can keep everyones egos in check.

  38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  39. #25
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    23
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Hatred?

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now if we somehow we can get a player like DeMarcus Cousins out of him sure do it. Other than that I would like to see Danny added to this team.
    No way I would trade one of our best players for DeMarcus Cousins. Our key to success this year has been team chemistry, and he would be the #1 way to lose it. He is a team killer.

Similar Threads

  1. Danny Can Be a #1 Guy in the NBA
    By naptownmenace in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 199
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 05:45 PM
  2. Danny at the four?
    By spazzxb in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 11:17 AM
  3. Could Danny do this?
    By Diamond Dave in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 12:28 PM
  4. How much should we be willing to pay Danny?
    By Shade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 08:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •