Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: Your Midseason Awards

  1. #1
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,821

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Your Midseason Awards

    Wanted to see everyone's midseason awards...

    MVP: Kevin Durant
    Rookie: Damian Lillard
    6th man: JR Smith
    Most Improved: Jrue Holiday
    Defensive player: Paul George (homer pick but do feel he should be considered)
    Coach: Frank Vogel
    Executive: Daryl Morey (HOU)

  2. #2
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: Your Midseason Awards

    MVP: Kevin Durrant
    ROY: Damion Lillard
    6th : Jamaal Crawford
    MIP : Paul George
    DPOY: Tyson Chandler
    COY: Frank Vogel


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  3. #3
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Midseason Awards

    Can Bird win executive of the year again?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,976

    Thumbs up Re: Your Midseason Awards

    Most Improved: Paul George
    Defensive player: Paul George
    Coach: Frank Vogel
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  6. #5
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Midseason Awards

    MVP: Kevin Durant (I think he's deserved it long enough)
    Rookie: Damian Lillard (Pelicans should be disappointed they dedicated themselves to the Big Brow)
    6th man: Jamal Crawford (Dropped 30 on Houston days ago. He's a 6MOY for life)
    Most Improved: Paul George (Who else? Stepping up to be The Man for a team that lost their own is story unlike many others)
    Defensive player: Paul George (Best defensive wing in the league, and he's only getting better. #PaulStar)
    Coach: Frank Vogel (SheridanHoops said it was between him and Thibodeau; I think that's bullhockey. Frank's maturing in a lot of ways, and he deserves it this year)
    Executive: Daryl Morey (Made some good moves this offseason, as well as moved James Harden from 6MOY to MVP [of the Rockets])
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  7. #6
    Member Mr.Hinds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Midseason Awards

    MVP: Lebron James
    Scoring title: Kobe Bryant
    ROY: Lillard
    6th Man: JAmal Crawford
    Most Improved: Paul George
    DPOY: Paul George/Roy Hibbert*
    COY: V. Delnegro

    *If the Pacers maintain this impressive defense, meaning not just number one in the league but cracking the top ten all time in the 3pt era then one of those two better get it.
    "There is a time to play and a time to win. It is what you do during winning time that differentiates the average players from stars."

    ~Ahmad Rashad~

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Hinds For This Useful Post:


  9. #7
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,077
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Midseason Awards

    MVP: KD
    ROY: Lillard
    6th Man: JAmal Crawford
    Most Improved: Jrue----lights out much better than last year.
    DPOY: Chandler
    COY: Vinny Del Negro/Vogel

    If PG plays this way here on out and the Pacers are where they are at in the standings, Paul George should win MIP over Jrue. If the media starts showing Paul shutting down the elites he should at least be mentioned or on the 2 team All Defense.

  10. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Midseason Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MVP: Kevin Durant (I think he's deserved it long enough)
    Rookie: Damian Lillard (Pelicans should be disappointed they dedicated themselves to the Big Brow)
    6th man: Jamal Crawford (Dropped 30 on Houston days ago. He's a 6MOY for life)
    Most Improved: Paul George (Who else? Stepping up to be The Man for a team that lost their own is story unlike many others)
    Defensive player: Paul George (Best defensive wing in the league, and he's only getting better. #PaulStar)
    Coach: Frank Vogel (SheridanHoops said it was between him and Thibodeau; I think that's bullhockey. Frank's maturing in a lot of ways, and he deserves it this year)
    Executive: Daryl Morey (Made some good moves this offseason, as well as moved James Harden from 6MOY to MVP [of the Rockets])
    wait what?? I loved Lillard more than anyone while scouting and though the draft process but that is crazy talk. The Pelicans are just fine the Brow is a much better prospect than Lillard (that stings a bit inside because I love that kid so much lol) where they are kicking themselves is drafting Rivers he was so overrated it wasn't even funny. Bad to mediocre athlete and a terrible basketball player his only really good skill is having a decent handle to go with a great first step.


    The Brow is a game changer on both ends dude is gonna be scary once he fills out. He is a once in 10 years type of talent dude is crazy long he makes guys like Duncan and KG look like small dudes. Plus he is a really good basketball player give him time and he should be a top 3 NBA player before too long.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Midseason Awards

    If Paul George keeps improving like he has in the past few months he should defiantly get some MVP votes not many but some.


    MVP: TBA no clear guy for me yet
    Rookie: Damian Lillard
    6th man: Jamal Crawford (hate the guys game but he has been great would go to Lou Williams but with a torn ACL kind no shot at it)
    Most Improved: Grevis Vasquez (I thought he was bad last year and overrated, but this year has made me eat crow he is better in every part of the game)
    Defensive player: Paul George
    Coach: Thibs (dude is just a great coach not a huge fan of his style which is WIN every single regular season game at all cost. Im more a Pop and Doc guy. I like coaches who see the big picture and win while devloping talent. Thibs isnt great at that he would rather play his starters 48min and win every game and while that works at time you will run your team down eventually IMO. With that say he gets the best out of his team so I will give him the nod
    Mike Woodson is another guy I like for the award and of course Frank has been great, he has really grown this year and that is great to watch.
    Executive: Daryl Morey (HOU)(love what he has done \. picking White was the only blunder I had him off my radar I wouldn't of touched him for basketball reasons(I question a lot of aspects of his game) and off the court reason but it was a gamble and every GM needs to gamble at times so I dont really dock him much for it.

  13. #10
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,061

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Midseason Awards

    MVP: LeBron
    Rookie: Damian Lillard
    6th man: Gerald Green
    Most Improved: Paul George
    Defensive player: Tyson Chandler
    Coach: Frank Vogel/Tom Thibodeau
    Executive: Whoever is making the personnel decisions in Clipperland

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  15. #11

    Default Re: Your Midseason Awards

    MVP: Durant/LBJ (in a tight race. Durant's scoring is totally out of this world at this point, but LBJ playing an all-around game makes the race between them closer)
    ROY: Lillard (no question)
    6th Man: Jamal Crawford (being a 6th man instant scorer on one of the best teams in the West surely helps).
    MIP: PG (jumping into a potential all-star should be considered, plus everybody knows he has tremendously improved on offense and defense.)
    COY: Vogel/Pop (I didn't consider Vinny because his main guys were still the same last year yet he sucked at that time. Maybe a Most Improved Coach. Vogel has done great in the absence of Danny. Pop will always be there in my list because at an aging Spurs roster he still managed to be at the top 3 in the wild west.)
    Executive: Morey (who would've thought that his moves will bring back the Rockets to playoff contention now)

  16. #12
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,061

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Midseason Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Executive: Morey (who would've thought that his moves will bring back the Rockets to playoff contention now)
    They were playoff contenders last year. And the year before. And the year before that. The Rockets have had winning records each of the past 6 seasons. Their win percentage last year was .515. This year it is .512. I get that Morey got his star in Harden, and they are headed in the right direction, but it's not exactly like they are setting the NBA on fire.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  18. #13
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    MVP: Chris Paul
    ROY: Damion Lillard
    6th : JR Smith
    MIP : Paul George
    DPOY: Tyson Chandler
    COY: Vinny del Negro


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  19. #14
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,931

    Default Re: Your Midseason Awards

    I feel like if you lead your team in minutes played that you shouldn't be called a 6th man.

  20. #15
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,061

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Midseason Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel like if you lead your team in minutes played that you shouldn't be called a 6th man.
    This really has nothing to do with your post besides the first few words, but: I feel like if your name is Vinny The Black you shouldn't be included in any COY talk. I actually think The Black is better suited for a front office type of role. As a coach...he's awful. Chris Paul runs that team in much the same way Peyton Manning ran the Colts' offense all those years.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  22. #16
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,924

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    You can't be an awful coach and have the best record in the nba. Those things are in direct contradiction with each other. I do not care who his players are.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  24. #17
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: Your Midseason Awards

    MVP: LBJ
    Rookie: Damian
    6th Man: Crawford
    MiP: James Harden
    DPOY: Noah
    Coach: Frank Vogel
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  25. #18
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,061

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Midseason Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can't be an awful coach and have the best record in the nba. Those things are in direct contradiction with each other. I do not care who his players are.
    I feel like it was pretty much widely accepted that he was a garbage coach up until this year. Vinny The Black will rear his ugly head in the playoffs, you just wait.

  26. #19
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,924

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel like it was pretty much widely accepted that he was a garbage coach up until this year. Vinny The Black will rear his ugly head in the playoffs, you just wait.
    That's fine, but so far he has been tremendous with a team that's had injury issues all season. He is absolutely a legit COY candidate.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  27. #20
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,061

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Midseason Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's fine, but so far he has been tremendous with a team that's had injury issues all season. He is absolutely a legit COY candidate.
    You're entitled to your opinion. I just violently disagree with it. And what injury issues have they dealt with? Nothing to the major guys. I will give Vinny The Black credit for putting together that roster, but his actual coaching remains suspect.

  28. #21
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Midseason Awards

    MVP: Kevin Durant (Barely edges out Tim Duncan in my mind)

    ROY: Damian Lillard (Easily)

    DPOY: Paul George (Roy is a wonderful team defender but just an above average man defender, Tyson's numbers are down and does anyone fear the Knicks defense?)

    6th Man: Jamaal Crawford (Can this really even be debated?)

    MIP: Omer Asik (Everyone laughed thinking the Rockets overpaid him. Well no is laughing now, especially Pacer fans after watching him dominate us inside. He is averaging a double double)

    COTY: Mark Jackson (Mark took a team that finished 20 games under .500, and is on pace to win 50. All while getting nothing from their big trade last year.)

    Executive: Masai Ujiri of Denver (So far the only winner in the Dwight Howard blockbuster. Has consistently fielded a competitive team when post-Melo was supposed to be a rebuild.)
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diamond Dave For This Useful Post:


  30. #22
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Midseason Awards

    I don't care for Del Negro as a coach, and I do think that their record is more of an indication of Chris Paul and other talents. However, to KStat's point, I present Jim O'Brien and Mike D'antoni. JOB loses his job, roster stays the same and Frank has us go toe to toe with the Bulls. Lakers have plenty of talent to be competitive, D'Antoni will have them miss the playoffs.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  31. #23
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: Your Midseason Awards

    I love your pick of Mark Jackson. I almost chose him, but decided to be a huge homer. But I think Mark Jackson has done a killer job. Dude flat out knows how to coach.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  32. #24
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,931

    Default Re: Your Midseason Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't care for Del Negro as a coach, and I do think that their record is more of an indication of Chris Paul and other talents. However, to KStat's point, I present Jim O'Brien and Mike D'antoni. JOB loses his job, roster stays the same and Frank has us go toe to toe with the Bulls. Lakers have plenty of talent to be competitive, D'Antoni will have them miss the playoffs.
    D'Antoni had the best record in the league in 04-05.

  33. #25
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,924

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    The lakers weren't great with mike brown, either.

    Dantoni's problem is he keeps heading to these big cities that don't have any patience for his system. He hasn't had his kind of team since before the Knicks traded for Carmelo.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Beyond the Midseason Grade
    By danman in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-27-2012, 11:55 PM
  2. SI NBA Midseason Grades
    By yoadknux in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 11:34 AM
  3. Replies: 173
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 01:46 PM
  4. Midseason MVP
    By QuickRelease in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 01:32 PM
  5. Your MidSeason Picks
    By LouisvilleLip in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 08:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •